Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default New Bosch Wahing Machine - Help!

Either way, it sounded like it was a bit crappy.
Yes brushes do bed in, and often the appliance smells a bit while this
occurs. My Panasonic did, but where the brushed motor is is anyones guess.
However its quieter now than when new, which is how things should be after
some years if its made properly.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
replying to PJO, Mark wrote:
Peter.jol. wrote:

Spin,
I've never heard anything so bloody daft as "the brushes need to bed
in"!!!
Oh Please!!
In fact, are there any brushes??!! Most new appliances use induction

motors.
Even so, the bedding in of brushes in a fallacy.
It's probably a bearing and if anything like our NEW Hotpoint will need a
replacement within weeks.
New brushes don't make noise - poor quality or badly lubricated bearings

do!
Manufacturers these days use the cheapest possible bearings and don't use
much (if any) grease.
Brushes bedding in my arse!

Seriously? Not all use induction, many still use carbon brushes, and a
good mechanic will happily explain how carbon brushes take time to "bed"
in. In fact so do most brass, nylon or compression type bearings. They
also need to 'bed'. I guess you will expect everything to be "plug and
play", the world is losing its ability to engineer.