Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Patio

On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 19:16:05 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

ARW wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

There are an awful lot of halfwits on Google in that case.

An awful lot.
Patio cleaner?

I assumed that you had used that for washing your dishes.

Washing up liquid is for common people.

Says the bloke who bought a council house ....

Smart people buy them then sell them after the 2 year limit. The stupid councils were almost giving them away.

--
As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Traffic Wardens funeral, a voice from inside screams:
"I'm not dead, I'm not dead. Let me out!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 09:15:57 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 06/08/16 08:37, Bod wrote:

All of the above says 'paving'.

I Googled Block Pavers and that was the result.
Equally, where does it mention paviors?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50MM-BRICK...-/320451525355

http://www.manholecovers.co.uk/catalogue/block-pavior

http://www.jewson.co.uk/building-mat...r-600-x-450mm/

http://www.romseyreclamation.com/clay_pavior.htm

etc. etc.

Does it really matter that much to you which of those descriptions are
used?
Pavers/ paviors or block paving are interchangeable.

You're being pedantic.

No one really uses 'pavers'. That's my point.

Block paving or pavio(u)rs...

Or block pavers. Pavior is not English, more like French. It actually shows as a spelling error in my newsreader.

--
"So it was the first ****in' leave in six ****in' months. I dropped off my ****in' uniform at the ****in' Y, went to a ****in' bar, and picked up a ****in' broad. I took her to a ****in' hotel, laid her out on the ****in' bed, and had sexual intercourse."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 00:44:36 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 21:59:30 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 21:19:18 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 00:33:17 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 23:39:35 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 20:43 5 Aug 2016, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 20:38:42 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 18:13:59 +0100, Fredxxx
wrote:

On 05/08/2016 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
My concrete flagged patio

I thought "concrete flag"s were a chav thing, only laid by
council tenant on account of its cost?

Concrete flags do change and become dull, why no reputable
home owner would ever use them.

Agreed. That and gravel. Just ends up all over the
lawn/flowerbed/etc. My drive is monoblocked.

It's a patio not a driveway you pillock.

Doesn't matter, there are much nicer things you can have there,
consider upgrading to this:

http://static.concretenetwork.com/ph...rete_55094.jpg

Stunning. Really nice.

Too fancy for my taste.

I'm not so sure about the barbecue pergola kitchen-bar structure.

Yeah, particularly the little pillars at the
bottom of the timber poles, looks silly IMO.

I'm not even sure if the flags are actually concrete, they are
very white and are not the same as the ones on footpaths.

That's a bit better.

I had those crappy "monoblocks" on the drive at my last house.
I fought the weeds for 18 years.

Bleach kills weeds stone dead. And jetwash.

I've seen a photo of your weed infested ******** drive Hucker.
Very council estate - as you are

I'm too lazy/busy to clean it often.

Yeah, that's the big advantage of poured concrete, no maintenance
required
at all.

Fine if you want your place to look like a council house.

None of the council houses here have anything like that.

What do they have?

A couple of strips.
https://au.pinterest.com/pin/236087205436331088/

My neighbour has that, with gravel inbetween.

Most of ours have grass or dirt between.

How chavvy.

Even you should have noticed that that
is mostly who is in council houses.

I wasn't talking about council houses.

It's not a council house.

Neither are plenty of ours, but that is what the council provides
with our council houses, at least the houses that have their own
block of land. The higher density council housing usually has
poured concrete, just like all the non council blocks of flats etc.

She was most impressed when I put in my monoblock (mainly because it has
less weds than gravel).

More fool her. Poured concrete over the entire driveway
requires no maintenance what so ever weeds wise.

And looks like ****.

Like hell it does. Your fancy block driveways look like chav ****.

Something made of many pieces always looks better than something made of one.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

They don't have asbestos in them anymore.

--
The most ejaculatory orgasms ever recorded in 1 hour for a boy is 16.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 01:04:49 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 21:08:19 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 19:26:10 +0100, dennis@home
wrote:

On 05/08/2016 20:33, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 20:05:28 +0100, dennis@home

wrote:

On 05/08/2016 19:37, James Wilkinson wrote:

Er, yes. Plain cheap ugly slabs of concrete is for council estates.
Compare these two:
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...london/155.jpg

http://www.northeastpavingandgardens...10/slider1.jpg

That bog standard herringbone pattern is the one the local councils
are
putting on tenants drives around here.

Typical council wasting money.

They do it because its cheaper!

About 90% of the cost is in the stuff under the road/pavement not in
the
covering.

Then why the **** does anyone ever used grey plain paving slabs?

Because they are too stupid to pour concrete.

But if monoblock is the same price,

It never is. It is MUCH more expensive because it is MUCH more labour
intensive.

do that, it looks nicer.

Looks chavvy

No, looks much better. I regularly see people upgrading to it.

and is a lot more work to get rid of the weeds and to clean.

Jetwash.

Don't need to do a damned thing with poured concrete done properly,
at most hose the dirt off it if you park on it with muddy tires etc.

But it looks crap.

--
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

We clearly were with those two strips of concrete
which is what the council houses here have.

It's not a council house.

Neither are plenty of ours, but that is what the council provides
with our council houses, at least the houses that have their own
block of land. The higher density council housing usually has
poured concrete, just like all the non council blocks of flats etc.

She was most impressed when I put in my monoblock (mainly because it
has
less weds than gravel).

More fool her. Poured concrete over the entire driveway
requires no maintenance what so ever weeds wise.

And looks like ****.

Like hell it does. Your fancy block driveways look like chav ****.

Something made of many pieces always looks better than something made of
one.

Even sillier than you usually manage, most obviously with car bodys.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Still cheaper to have two strips, less concrete.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

They don't have asbestos in them anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

See next para.

Don't need to do a damned thing with poured concrete done properly,
at most hose the dirt off it if you park on it with muddy tires etc.

But it looks crap.

Wrong, as always. Looks much better than that chavvy **** of yours.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I said my neighbour had it, and she isn't in a council house.

It's not a council house.

Neither are plenty of ours, but that is what the council provides
with our council houses, at least the houses that have their own
block of land. The higher density council housing usually has
poured concrete, just like all the non council blocks of flats etc.

She was most impressed when I put in my monoblock (mainly because it
has
less weds than gravel).

More fool her. Poured concrete over the entire driveway
requires no maintenance what so ever weeds wise.

And looks like ****.

Like hell it does. Your fancy block driveways look like chav ****.

Something made of many pieces always looks better than something made of
one.

Even sillier than you usually manage, most obviously with car bodys.

How can you possibly compare a car to a bit of land?

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Still cheaper to have two strips, less concrete.

You can get those slabs on freecycle, because nobody wants them.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

No, it's a link to 20 other dictionaries. I tried the first few and they weren't very specific.

--
During training exercises, the lieutenant driving down a muddy back road encountered another car stuck in the mud with a red faced colonel at the wheel. "Your jeep stuck, sir?" asked the lieutenant as he pulled alongside.
"Nope," replied the colonel, coming over and handing him the keys, "*Yours* is."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And when you asked what council houses
here have, I said it was those strips.

[...]

Not comparing anything.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Still cheaper to have two strips, less concrete.

You can get those slabs on freecycle, because nobody wants them.

You can get everything on freecycle, including bricks and
blocks, because someone always wants almost anything.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

No, it's a link to 20 other dictionaries. I tried the first few and they
weren't very specific.

The one that is given prominence on the right was very specific.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/2016 19:57, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Fredxxx wrote:
On 07/08/2016 19:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

There are an awful lot of halfwits on Google in that case.

An awful lot.
Patio cleaner?

I assumed that you had used that for washing your dishes.

Washing up liquid is for common people.

Says the bloke who bought a council house ....

Says the man who gets his wife to do the dishes.

I stated a fact.
As it happens I do the dishes.

You must have a lot of time to spare. Most of us have more important
things to do.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message ...

There are an awful lot of halfwits on Google in that case.

An awful lot.
Patio cleaner?

I assumed that you had used that for washing your dishes.

Washing up liquid is for common people.

Says the bloke who bought a council house ....

Says the man who gets his wife to do the dishes.

I stated a fact.
As it happens I do the dishes.

You must have a lot of time to spare. Most of us have more important
things to do.

He should be sanitising his washing machine.

--
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It looks better than block paving that's full of weeds though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

No it doesn't, it looks like a council house.

--
Love conquers all, except in tennis.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 00:44:36 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

No, you said that after me mentioning my neighbour.

[...]

Because you just used an analogy.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Still cheaper to have two strips, less concrete.

You can get those slabs on freecycle, because nobody wants them.

You can get everything on freecycle, including bricks and
blocks, because someone always wants almost anything.

Slabs are on there 10 times as much. And gravel.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

No, it's a link to 20 other dictionaries. I tried the first few and they
weren't very specific.

The one that is given prominence on the right was very specific.

Then link to it directly.

--
"Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag for the purpose of storing dead batteries."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I didn't even see that. I never spot things that are deliberately standing out, they're usually ads.

--
If sex is a pain in the ass, then you're doing it wrong.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Didn't do that either.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Still cheaper to have two strips, less concrete.

You can get those slabs on freecycle, because nobody wants them.

You can get everything on freecycle, including bricks and
blocks, because someone always wants almost anything.

Slabs are on there 10 times as much.

Wrong, as always.

And gravel.

Wrong, as always.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

No, it's a link to 20 other dictionaries. I tried the first few and
they
weren't very specific.

The one that is given prominence on the right was very specific.

Then link to it directly.

Better to show the lot in case you are too stupid to
know about that very decent online dictionary checker.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I didn't even see that.

Your terminal stupidity is your problem, as always.

I never spot things that are deliberately standing out, they're usually

Your terminal stupidity is your problem, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Drivel.
Everything on freecycle is free.
As per the label.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/08/2016 08:27, harry wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 23:44:31 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 23:59:49 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 22:13:43 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Er, I don't think he was talking about money.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Bod
escribió:

[massive, unnecessary quoting snipped]

Er, I don't think he was talking about money.

*plonk* yet another thick **** that doesn't snip his quotes.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/08/2016 09:00, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Bod
escribió:

[massive, unnecessary quoting snipped]

Er, I don't think he was talking about money.

*plonk* yet another thick **** that doesn't snip his quotes.

Er, you've now snipped the context.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

He's not very bright is he?

--
I learnt so much from my mistakes I think I'll make another.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

No, it's a link to 20 other dictionaries. I tried the first few and
they
weren't very specific.

The one that is given prominence on the right was very specific.

I didn't even see that.

Your terminal stupidity is your problem, as always.

I never spot things that are deliberately standing out, they're usually

Your terminal stupidity is your problem, as always.

No, it means I don't see adverts.

--
An Englishman was feeling a little queezy on his first sailing, and leaned over the edge of the boat. He saw a Frenchman below opening his porthole so, feeling the urge to bring up his dinner, he yelled "LOOK OUT!"
The Frenchman stuck his head out of the porthole and was decorated with semi-digested food. "YOU SILLY ENGLISHMAN!!!!" he yelled, "Why do you say look out when you mean look in?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news It's not a council house.

[...]

I was talking about land design, then you suddenly introduced a piece of machinery.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

People make ****ty driveways on owned houses?!

Yes, particularly those who can't afford a full concrete driveway.

Make one yourself then.

Still cheaper to have two strips, less concrete.

You can get those slabs on freecycle, because nobody wants them.

You can get everything on freecycle, including bricks and
blocks, because someone always wants almost anything.

Slabs are on there 10 times as much.

Wrong, as always.

And gravel.

Wrong, as always.

Are you subscribed to my local freecycle? If not, you don't know.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg

What is "fibro"?

http://onelook.com/?w=fibro

That doesn't link to building materials.

Yes it does.

No, it's a link to 20 other dictionaries. I tried the first few and
they
weren't very specific.

The one that is given prominence on the right was very specific.

Then link to it directly.

Better to show the lot in case you are too stupid to
know about that very decent online dictionary checker.

And how would you know which link I'd look at?

--
Peter is listening to "Fredzefred - All da Motha ****as"

New concrete patio over old patio HerHusband Home Repair 5 July 25th 15 06:02 AM
Patio Ideas - Stepping Out With Stone Patio Designs And Brick Patio Patterns trav Home Repair 1 September 24th 07 03:15 PM
Patio Stephen Barnes UK diy 3 July 7th 06 05:41 PM
Patio [email protected] UK diy 5 May 8th 06 10:55 AM
patio Walter R. Home Repair 0 April 23rd 05 08:48 PM