Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Patio

I'm just about to lay a new patio. The house builders laid the old flags on
sand with a layer containing cement under the flags. Is this an OK method?
If so what sort of depths should I lay the sand to on the new sections of
patio? What mixture of sand/cement should I use?

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:15:06 +0100, Stephen Barnes wrote:

I'm just about to lay a new patio. The house builders laid the old flags on
sand with a layer containing cement under the flags. Is this an OK method?
If so what sort of depths should I lay the sand to on the new sections of
patio? What mixture of sand/cement should I use?

Take a look at the excellent site of A.J.McCormack & Son. Just about
everything you could ever want to know about paving.
http://www.pavingexpert.com/

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen Barnes wrote:
I'm just about to lay a new patio. The house builders laid the old flags on
sand with a layer containing cement under the flags. Is this an OK method?
If so what sort of depths should I lay the sand to on the new sections of
patio? What mixture of sand/cement should I use?

Steve

www.pavingexpert.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Barnes" wrote:
I'm just about to lay a new patio. The house builders laid the old flags
on
sand with a layer containing cement under the flags. Is this an OK
method?
If so what sort of depths should I lay the sand to on the new sections of
patio? What mixture of sand/cement should I use?

Steve

Homebase guide to building a patio:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/homebase/en_US/images/p0//HBHowToArticles/articles/howto_buildpatio.html