Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Behaving British

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 21:40:19 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

What an extremely narrow perspective!

Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Anyway, Boris & Nige may have chickened out and done a runner, but at
least Gove is steadfastly standing at the helm ready and waiting to
guide what remains of England to uncharted waters.

AB

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

So not an overseas customer making use of the falling pound then.

Of course Brexit will always get the blame from Remainers to hide their
lack of negotiating skills.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate. That is what
the people who promote Brexit have done for us.

--
Michael Chare

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Anyway, Boris & Nige may have chickened out and done a runner, but at
least Gove is steadfastly standing at the helm ready and waiting to
guide what remains of England to uncharted waters.

His standing for Leadership of the Conservative party after killing off
Boris just makes him look nieve.

--
Michael Chare

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/6/2016 6:45 PM, Michael Chare wrote:
On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Anyway, Boris & Nige may have chickened out and done a runner, but at
least Gove is steadfastly standing at the helm ready and waiting to
guide what remains of England to uncharted waters.

His standing for Leadership of the Conservative party after killing off
Boris just makes him look nieve.

Naive? Or did you mean something else?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

That is what the people who promote Brexit have done for us.

The 'us' affected by those that dont isnt very many at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 23:17, Fredxxx wrote:
[...]

We do not, in general, export because of the nature of our business.

When the customer says that they have been told to spend nothing that
isn't immediately essential, negotiating skills are rather at the
irrelevant end of the scale. It is not as if another company has got the
contract. Without good negotiating skills we would not have had ou
earlier contracts with this customer.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Did you queue up to offer to lose your job if we quit the EU? I suspect
that very few people would have done so.

Yes it damn well matters to me and everyone in the company. Instead of
growing the company we will remain at the same size for the foreseeable
future. We are lucky that, so far, we are not losing current contracts
but some of our customers are going to have lots of problems and could
shrink or fold.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 07:28:06 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Did you queue up to offer to lose your job if we quit the EU? I suspect
that very few people would have done so.

Yes it damn well matters to me and everyone in the company. Instead of
growing the company we will remain at the same size for the foreseeable
future. We are lucky that, so far, we are not losing current contracts
but some of our customers are going to have lots of problems and could
shrink or fold.

A lot of our European work dried up a while back.

It was expected to return, but I would be very doubtful if we are
selected against competition within the EU.

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

Sadly it seems like the flag wavers might have to splash out a bit now
though, the Union Jack isn't as relevant any more!

Onward & Upward!

Just put me down for a Scot's phrasebook :-)

AB

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well it does seem illogical, as to waste time in this way will not only
increase the cost if they ever do need whatever it is, and also of course
the very companies offering it mightgo out of business so then they won't
get it anyway.

I just do not see why all this jittering is going on. Is it just fear of the
unknown. The way things are going we could all find ourselves not leaving
after all soon in anycase.
Incidentally if it only takes a few days to whittle down the possible
leaders to three, how come it will take a whole month and a half merely to
get a vote from the party members? Do they not use some kind of secure web
form for this, after all the Gov are always trying to tell us we need to get
up to date and fill in our forms on line.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"polygonum" wrote in message

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer wanted/needed.
Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't go
for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have a
very long period of waiting.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 23:17, Fredxxx wrote:

Of course Brexit will always get the blame from Remainers to hide their
lack of negotiating skills.

So all the leavers have done a runner now then?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06-Jul-16 9:40 PM, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

I supply the building trade and had a number of orders where the items
were reserved, pending the result of the referendum. None have been
confirmed and some have already been cancelled as the building projects
they were for will not now be going ahead.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote
in message ...
wrote:

On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Did you queue up to offer to lose your job if we quit the EU? I suspect
that very few people would have done so.

Yes it damn well matters to me and everyone in the company. Instead of
growing the company we will remain at the same size for the foreseeable
future. We are lucky that, so far, we are not losing current contracts
but some of our customers are going to have lots of problems and could
shrink or fold.

A lot of our European work dried up a while back.

It was expected to return, but I would be very doubtful
if we are selected against competition within the EU.

You are in fact much more competitive with the pound sagging.

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic
terms are happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

Just as true of you.

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole

No reason why they should be with exports doing much better.

if I can buy myself a tub of sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

Sadly it seems like the flag wavers might have to splash out
a bit now though, the Union Jack isn't as relevant any more!

Onward & Upward!

Just put me down for a Scot's phrasebook :-)

They wont let you in, they hate you Sassenachs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-06, Michael Chare wrote:
On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate. That is what
the people who promote Brexit have done for us.

*to* us.

They have ****ed us over and in return we are not going to get *any* of
what they promised us. It was all lies.

So, nothing new there then ;-)

Instead of the EU lying to you for 40 years, you had 3 months of Brexiteers!

Or so you say. Of course they weren't lying to you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 09:54, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

"If you get into the lifeboat, you will have rubbish food, suffer the
cold, and not have any of the benefits of the EuTanic you fools!"

"Yebbut at least we won't be sinking"

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories. Given so
much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

--
*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I just do not see why all this jittering is going on. Is it just fear of
the unknown. The way things are going we could all find ourselves not
leaving after all soon in anycase. Incidentally if it only takes a few
days to whittle down the possible leaders to three, how come it will
take a whole month and a half merely to get a vote from the party
members? Do they not use some kind of secure web form for this, after
all the Gov are always trying to tell us we need to get up to date and
fill in our forms on line.

The longer they delay electing a new PM, the longer they have to try and
concoct a face saving way out of this disaster. Why do today what you can
put off till tomorrow.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default People ignore God and then blame him for the chaos that results

Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic
views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their
fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
(Bg. 9.12)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2016-07-06, Michael Chare wrote:
On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate. That is what
the people who promote Brexit have done for us.

*to* us.

They have ****ed us over and in return we are not going to get *any* of
what they promised us. It was all lies.

For once I agree totally with you. We have got ourselves into a situation
where nobody wins but everyone loses. And the ones likely to lose the most
are the poor who voted for BREXIT.

--
*If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If God were small enough for us to understand,he wouldn't be big enough for us to worship

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his
Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
--John 3:23

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

Worthy, I'm sure. But if non of those principles end up being implemented?

--
*Born free - taxed to death *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 10:51:23 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories. Given so
much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

So you don;t think Rupert Murdoch is waiting in the wings to make a profit from the situation that the UK is in.
Remember who the majority of the meja is.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/gr...ory-leadership

I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union. 'Thats easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice.'

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/co...-a3189151.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 10:58:31 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his
Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
--John 3:23

Yeah sure love one another as long as it's not one of your neigbours or his ass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories.
Given so much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

Because even you should have noticed that hyperventilation sells
a lot more papers and gets a lot more watching your TV channels.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories. Given so
much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

Media are pimarily interested in fear mongering, obviously. Good news newspapers don't sell.

*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

You or whoever didn't fight your way to the top at all, you were conveniently born there.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Huge wrote
Michael Chare wrote
polygonum wrote

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found
out for sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for
some time yet, if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what
customer wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.
That is what the people who promote Brexit have done for us.

*to* us.

They have ****ed us over and in return we are not going
to get *any* of what they promised us. It was all lies.

For once I agree totally with you. We have got ourselves
into a situation where nobody wins but everyone loses.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Exporters will obviously win as the pound sags, you watch.

And the ones likely to lose the most
are the poor who voted for BREXIT.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

The real poor, those whose entire income
is benefits, wont be affect at all and will
have more choice on where to live because
fewer of the dregs of the EU will show up
with their brats and get a council house etc.

And the next level up who do actually work
in the worst of the jobs that don’t pay any
more than they would get on benefits don’t
have to compete with the dregs of the EU
for those jobs who can't put their hands out
for benefits and so are much more included
to do what the boss wants them to do so
they don’t lose that job.

They wont even see much effect on the price
of their fast food or ready meals either given
that the price of the ingredients used to make
those has **** all effect on the retail price of
those and because Britain is now free to import
the cheapest food ingredients it can find anywhere
in the world without paying any duty/tariff on that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Tim Watts wrote
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote

As long as the idiots who can only see things in
simplistic terms are happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself
a tub of sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

Worthy, I'm sure. But if non of those principles end up being implemented?

Corse they will if any of the remaining candidates for PM ends up being PM.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 07:28:09 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Did you queue up to offer to lose your job if we quit the EU? I suspect
that very few people would have done so.

At the risk of stating the obvious, companies will fail and jobs be lost whichever outcome the referendum had. Businesses always face serious challenges, and need to find a way to make profit in new climates. It's hard at time but it's how capitalism works.

Yes it damn well matters to me and everyone in the company. Instead of
growing the company we will remain at the same size for the foreseeable
future. We are lucky that, so far, we are not losing current contracts
but some of our customers are going to have lots of problems and could
shrink or fold.

That's inevitable whatever your line of business or the referendum outcome.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be, is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo -haired-party-crasher,
Rod Speed escribió:

Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic
views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their
fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.

The above makes a lot more sense than anything the real Wodney comes up
with.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories.
Given so much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

Because even you should have noticed that hyperventilation sells
a lot more papers and gets a lot more watching your TV channels.

Nice word, hyperventilation. Now find out what it means.

--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 11:37, wrote:
[...]

The Leftymind expects that suitable environments will be provided for
Lefty****s to get paid a salary, and bring up more lefty****s, without
ever having to make a huge effort or take a risk.

NT

--
€śSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€ť

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 13:05:06 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Why would he have to do that.

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

I thought he meant not always putting himself as No. 1
above everyone else.

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

Well I often see such things where a women has been raped and her culture
has put her in teh wrong and she gets whipped and re-raped by others as a punishment for having sex outside of marrige.
I'm principled enough to think that the fact that teh men get free sex and anything esle they want isn't right.
I've signed partition and given money to charities and pressure groups to stop this sort of thing and to stop FGM in teh UK.
It won;t ever happen to me but I'm not that self obsessed as some who only act to protect themselves.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be,

that depends on who those citenzs are doesn't it

is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-07, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

The problem being that we are going to get neither.

Your problem being, you are prone to utter meaningless statements with
great gravitas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 13:05, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

With the alternative being "spineless short termist greedy selfish
weasel", then yes.

That is all...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-07, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

The problem being that we are going to get neither.

That is indeed a problem - although how much we aren't going to get
remains to be seen.

The pessimists assume the EU holds all the cards (they do in some
senses, like financial services).

The optimists assume we hold all the cards (in other senses we certainly
have some - people are still going to want us to buy their exports).

The reality is going to so much depend on the skill of the next PM and
how well she (or maybe he) can assemble a team and how big their balls
are, coupled with their diplomatic skills.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 17:40, Tim Watts wrote:

The reality is going to so much depend on the skill of the next PM and
how well she (or maybe he) can assemble a team and how big their balls
are, coupled with their diplomatic skills.

"she" apparently, according to the news just now...