Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Behaving British

On 06/07/2016 23:17, Fredxxx wrote:
On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

So not an overseas customer making use of the falling pound then.

Of course Brexit will always get the blame from Remainers to hide their
lack of negotiating skills.

We do not, in general, export because of the nature of our business.

When the customer says that they have been told to spend nothing that
isn't immediately essential, negotiating skills are rather at the
irrelevant end of the scale. It is not as if another company has got the
contract. Without good negotiating skills we would not have had ou
earlier contracts with this customer.

--
Rod