Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Behaving British

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 13:58:39 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 07/07/16 11:37, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 7 July 2016 07:28:09 UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Did you queue up to offer to lose your job if we quit the EU? I suspect
that very few people would have done so.

At the risk of stating the obvious, companies will fail and jobs be lost whichever outcome the referendum had. Businesses always face serious challenges, and need to find a way to make profit in new climates. It's hard at time but it's how capitalism works.

Yes it damn well matters to me and everyone in the company. Instead of
growing the company we will remain at the same size for the foreseeable
future. We are lucky that, so far, we are not losing current contracts
but some of our customers are going to have lots of problems and could
shrink or fold.

That's inevitable whatever your line of business or the referendum outcome.

The Leftymind expects that suitable environments will be provided for
Lefty****s to get paid a salary, and bring up more lefty****s, without
ever having to make a huge effort or take a risk.

So many have that mindset, despite it being quite unrealistic.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 13:05:06 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be, is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

Your analysis is hopelessly wrong. Without all the euro bs our economy will do better.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be, is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

So the majority of your fellow countrymen are selfish *******s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...Index_rankings

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 07/07/16 13:05, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

With the alternative being "spineless short termist greedy selfish weasel", then yes.

So do you expect all those people who are going to lose their
jobs to contact you, directly ? Or are you going to contact
them ?

And would salary slips for say the previous six months be
sufficient to caculate their payments ?

I must admit it's really refreshing to meet a true man
of principle, who's not going to weasal out of anything.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 06/07/2016 23:17, Fredxxx wrote:

Of course Brexit will always get the blame from Remainers to hide their
lack of negotiating skills.

So all the leavers have done a runner now then?

Your brain has farted then now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:

So the majority of your fellow countrymen are selfish *******s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...Index_rankings

Another way of looking at that table is that the British are the "most
giving" people in Europe (though Ireland beat us the previous two years).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 17:56, michael adams wrote:

So do you expect all those people who are going to lose their
jobs to contact you, directly ? Or are you going to contact
them ?

And would salary slips for say the previous six months be
sufficient to caculate their payments ?

I must admit it's really refreshing to meet a true man
of principle, who's not going to weasal out of anything.

I am not responsible for them. They can vote whatever way they like.

You lefties have some very weird ideas.

However, *I* voted because of what I perceived to be a fundamental flaw
in the EU.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2016-07-06, Michael Chare wrote:
On 06/07/2016 21:40, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out
for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time
yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate. That is what
the people who promote Brexit have done for us.

*to* us.

They have ****ed us over and in return we are not going to get *any* of
what they promised us. It was all lies.

For once I agree totally with you. We have got ourselves into a situation
where nobody wins but everyone loses. And the ones likely to lose the most
are the poor who voted for BREXIT.

Oh well, if everyone loses then we have achieved your goal and everyone has
equal amounts of misery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message ...

Richard wrote:

So the majority of your fellow countrymen are selfish *******s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...Index_rankings

Another way of looking at that table is that the British are the "most
giving" people in Europe (though Ireland beat us the previous two years).

Precisely.
Germans behind Kyrgyzstan and Italians & French behind Turkmenistan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2016 17:41, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 17:40, Tim Watts wrote:

The reality is going to so much depend on the skill of the next PM and
how well she (or maybe he) can assemble a team and how big their balls
are, coupled with their diplomatic skills.

"she" apparently, according to the news just now...

Not at all sure that it wasn't already set to be a she when it got down
to down three.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-07, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

The problem being that we are going to get neither.

That is indeed a problem - although how much we aren't going to get
remains to be seen.

The pessimists assume the EU holds all the cards (they do in some
senses, like financial services).

That being one of the few industries we're good at.

The reality is going to so much depend on the skill of the next PM and
how well she (or maybe he) can assemble a team and how big their balls
are, coupled with their diplomatic skills.

Oh, that's *really* encouraging.

It wasn't very encouraging before.

Major - signing us up to Maastricht;

Tony B Liar - condemned by Chilcot, affirming what most already suspected;

Cyclops - less said the better.

At least now, the government knows people expect more - and rightly so.

Exciting times... It *could* go very well. I see no need to give up just
yet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be, is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

So the majority of your fellow countrymen are selfish *******s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...Index_rankings

Who's to say those people didn't all vote Remain ?

It's those Brexiters, who unlike less well informed
voters might well have been expected to know better,
who were quite willing if necessary to consign their
fellow citizens to ten years of rising prices, disappearing
jobs and financial hardship, who I'm talking about.

And please don't lie and claim that even just one of these
people can guarentee that none of this is going to happen
Because they can't.

Basically you're talking about people who are quite
prepared if necessary to consign this country including
its poorest people, but not they themselves of course,
to ten years of hardship. And not in defence of any
principle at all - except insofar as their little right wing
clique can hang onto power at any cost at all. While at
the same time indulging themselves by wrapping themselves
in Union Flags and wallowing in a vomit inducing
bath of totally bogus self-righteousness.

Pass the Sickbag Alice!

Sorry, what was your question ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 18:52, michael adams wrote:

And please don't lie and claim that even just one of these
people can guarentee that none of this is going to happen
Because they can't.

Yeah - and you can't guarantee it will happen. So best stop winging and
wait and see what actually happens...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 07/07/16 17:56, michael adams wrote:

So do you expect all those people who are going to lose their
jobs to contact you, directly ? Or are you going to contact
them ?

And would salary slips for say the previous six months be
sufficient to caculate their payments ?

I must admit it's really refreshing to meet a true man
of principle, who's not going to weasal out of anything.

I am not responsible for them.

But you are. You were advised by the Government of the possible
consequences of voting "out". Including job losses. You chose
to ignore that advice and quite possibly as a direct result
of your voting "out", those people are going to lose their
jobs.

It really is a simple as that I'm afraid. You and people
who voted as you did are going to be just as responsible
for the financial disaster which lies ahead, as is Tony
Blair for all the devastation caused by the War on Iraq
and the current state of the Middle East.

Only the current situation, is IMO potentially far more
serious for this Country than was the Iraq war for the
Iraqis. Given that they were starting from a lower
baseline to start with,

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 07/07/16 18:52, michael adams wrote:

And please don't lie and claim that even just one of these
people can guarentee that none of this is going to happen
Because they can't.

Yeah - and you can't guarantee it will happen.

But you're the one quite prepared to gamble with
people's jobs. Not me.

So best stop winging and wait and see what actually happens...

But its not me that counts here, is it ?

It's the thousands of people who are now unsure whether
they're going to have a job next year who matter here.
And all because of your vote.

Do you really imagine "wait and see what actually happens" is
going to be much of a consolation to them, in such a
situation?

Don't bother answering.

It's pretty obvious that just like TNP, you're so far up
yourself that you haven't given any thought whatsoever
as to how Brexit is actually going to adversly impact
on tens of thousands of people in this country. Never mind
its potential impact on the Union.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-07, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

The problem being that we are going to get neither.

That is indeed a problem - although how much we aren't going to get
remains to be seen.

The pessimists assume the EU holds all the cards (they do in some
senses, like financial services).

The optimists assume we hold all the cards (in other senses we certainly
have some - people are still going to want us to buy their exports).

The reality is going to so much depend on the skill of the next PM and
how well she (or maybe he) can assemble a team and how big their balls
are, coupled with their diplomatic skills.

And whether there will be an EU to negotiate with in 2 years time.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 19:10, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 07/07/16 17:56, michael adams wrote:

So do you expect all those people who are going to lose their
jobs to contact you, directly ? Or are you going to contact
them ?

And would salary slips for say the previous six months be
sufficient to caculate their payments ?

I must admit it's really refreshing to meet a true man
of principle, who's not going to weasal out of anything.

I am not responsible for them.

But you are. You were advised by the Government of the possible
consequences of voting "out". Including job losses. You chose
to ignore that advice and quite possibly as a direct result
of your voting "out", those people are going to lose their
jobs.

No I'm not - because I don't much believe anything that was said by
either camp. They are all hysterical lying toerags.

I thought for myself, rather than expecting anyone to do it for me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 19:24, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
[...]

Yes I have - and you are just being hysterical.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

No I'm not - because I don't much believe anything that was said by either camp. They
are all hysterical lying toerags.

I thought for myself, rather than expecting anyone to do it for me.

So what evidence did you base your decision on ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 17:40:17 +0100, Tim Watts

On 07/07/16 15:57, Huge wrote:
On 2016-07-07, Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

Once again britain vanquishes Johnny Foreigner. With an almost
worthless pound, these poor EU exporters will be giving their produce
away.

A cunning plan worthy of Blackadder & Co

AB

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote
Tim Watts wrote

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse
anyone who loses their job,

Nope, because there is no evidence that anyone
has lost their job due to Britain leaving the EU
except with MEPs, most of whom chose to stick
their snouts in the EU trough and get to wear
the fact that their gravy train has been removed
once the EU stops handing them anything.

or is faced with higher food costs as a
result of your principled stand are you ?

You haven't established that anyone will have
higher food costs now that Britain is free to
import food from anywhere it likes in the world
where it is cheapest without paying any duty/tariff.

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

Even sillier than you usually manage.

You see taking a principled stand when that
person is likely to be the only one to suffer
is indeed a highly commendable act.

Politics is never that simple, fool.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be, is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

Only by fools like you that have never had a ****ing clue.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

On 07/07/16 18:52, michael adams wrote:

And please don't lie and claim that even just one of these
people can guarentee that none of this is going to happen
Because they can't.

Yeah - and you can't guarantee it will happen. So best stop winging and
wait and see what actually happens...

He's too comfortable in his pool of misery to stop whining.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

[...]

I didn't ask a question. But I will now. Do your carers know that you're off
your meds?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
news

On 06-Jul-16 9:40 PM, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

I supply the building trade and had a number of orders where the items were
reserved, pending the result of the referendum. None have been confirmed
and some have already been cancelled as the building projects they were for
will not now be going ahead.

In terms of GDP, how large are these deferred/cancelled building projects?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 20:22:03 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

One things for certain they will be a lot larger whatever the skills
of the negotiaters.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nation...de-in-services

And as for goods, it's probably better not to think too deeply about
the outlook.

AB

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

So you're going to personally re-imburse anyone who
loses their job, or is faced with higher food costs
as a result of your principled stand are you ?

Is it that sort of principle you're talking about ?

You see taking a principled stand when that person
is likely to be the only one to suffer is indeed
a highly commendable act.

However taking a principled stand regardless of
what the possibly disastrous consequences to your
fellow citizens might be, is not only not commendable
in any way, but can only be seen as a rather selfish
and self serving gesture, at the very best.

So the majority of your fellow countrymen are selfish *******s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...Index_rankings

Who's to say those people didn't all vote Remain ?

Sorry, what was your question ?

I didn't ask a question.

So how's about you answer mine ?

As you seem to think your link is significant in some way,
what's to say those people didn't all vote Remain ?

In fact on the face of it - given that Remainers are characterised
as soft touches who are easily gulled by propaganda, unlike hard
headed Brexiters who take everything with a pinch of salt, you
might imagine it was Remainers who mainly contributed to those
charities. Certainly those devoted to foreigners. And as
Brexiters, the better-off ones at least, are apparently more in
favour of fox-hunting, that's the RSPCA out of the picture as
well.

I stand to be corrected but I'm not altogether sure that was
the point you were trying to make with your link.

If there ever was one, of course.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/16 19:57, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

No I'm not - because I don't much believe anything that was said by either camp. They
are all hysterical lying toerags.

I thought for myself, rather than expecting anyone to do it for me.

So what evidence did you base your decision on ?

michael adams

glyphosate, ammonium sulphamate, the rantings of Juncker and Merkel's
general behaviour in trying to impose policies on the whole EU.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2016 18:16, Huge wrote:

That being one of the few industries we're good at.

Er, those with short memories seem to have forgotten that without
massive tax payer bale-outs most of those institutions would no longer
be in existence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And whether there will be an EU to negotiate with in 2 years time.

I suspect they may have bigger troubles of their own when it comes to
pay back some of the Euro rescue packages. Nothing was solved the
first/second time around, the problems were just put on the back burner
in the hope 'something' may turn up.

I see some of the high street dinosaur retail companies have already
blamed Brexit for their poor sales in the last 3 to 6 months.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 18:27:13 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote
in message ...
On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 07:28:06 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

On 06/07/2016 22:15, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Does the odd companygoing to the wall matter now that the NHS is
rolling in cash and Brit's can once more poke Europe in the eye by
legally buying bent bananas in pennyweights.

Did you queue up to offer to lose your job if we quit the EU? I suspect
that very few people would have done so.

Yes it damn well matters to me and everyone in the company. Instead of
growing the company we will remain at the same size for the foreseeable
future. We are lucky that, so far, we are not losing current contracts
but some of our customers are going to have lots of problems and could
shrink or fold.

A lot of our European work dried up a while back.

It was expected to return, but I would be very doubtful
if we are selected against competition within the EU.

You are in fact much more competitive with the pound sagging.

No, not in my industry. Raw materials will go up, only so much can be
passed on.

As for Britains major earner, the service sector, we will no longer be
on a level playing field in the EU.

If the pound sags the population of what's left of Britain are going
to get dashed peckish. We dont just import the odd Mercedes and
plastic santa you know, we buy in food and energy also.

AB

Britains

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic
terms are happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

Just as true of you.

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole

No reason why they should be with exports doing much better.

if I can buy myself a tub of sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

Sadly it seems like the flag wavers might have to splash out
a bit now though, the Union Jack isn't as relevant any more!

Onward & Upward!

Just put me down for a Scot's phrasebook :-)

They wont let you in, they hate you Sassenachs.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories.
Given so much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

Because even you should have noticed that hyperventilation sells
a lot more papers and gets a lot more watching your TV channels.

Nice word, hyperventilation. Now find out what it means.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2016 21:14, Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories. Given
so much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

Because even you should have noticed that hyperventilation sells a
lot more papers and gets a lot more watching your TV channels.

Nice word, hyperventilation. Now find out what it means.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Where as you could by way of hyperventilation?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2016 20:37, michael adams wrote:

In fact on the face of it - given that Remainers are characterised
as soft touches who are easily gulled by propaganda, unlike hard
headed Brexiters who take everything with a pinch of salt, you
might imagine it was Remainers who mainly contributed to those
charities. Certainly those devoted to foreigners. And as
Brexiters, the better-off ones at least, are apparently more in
favour of fox-hunting, that's the RSPCA out of the picture as
well.

Do you also believe that everyone born under the sign of Aquarius is
exactly the same.

You cannot even begin to guess the true characteristics of leavers and
remainders. It appears that you may believe that all those who voted
leave are uneducated idiots who didn't realise the consequences of their
actions but I suggest that they were an average cross section of society
in exactly the same proportions as those who voted to stay.

The reason Brexit has had an immediate negative effect on the financial
markets is because no-one is currently running the country. The bunch of
people from all political parties who we voted for in the last general
election are too busy with their in-fighting and running negative
campaigns against their opposition - in much the same way as they did
during the run up to the referendum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-07-07, Tim Watts wrote:
On 07/07/16 08:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

As long as the idiots who can only see things in simplistic terms are
happy, then everythings o/k isn't it?

What's a few hundred Brt's on the dole if I can buy myself a tub of
sodium chlorate and a 2kW vaccum cleaner?

So, roughly paraphrased, you'd sell your soul to the devil for a gig?

Some of us voted on principle, not immediate gain.

The problem being that we are going to get neither.

Bet Britain does on being able to determine immigration
policy for itself, and on being able to determine all other
policy for itself too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message

No I'm not - because I don't much believe anything that was said by
either camp. They are all hysterical lying toerags.

I thought for myself, rather than expecting anyone to do it for me.

So what evidence did you base your decision on ?

glyphosate, ammonium sulphamate, the rantings of Juncker and Merkel's
general behaviour in trying to impose policies on the whole EU.

Good grief.

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yes, people won't invest in the current economic climate.

Bet plenty still do.

Odd, then, the meja isn't full of all these good news stories.
Given so much of it was in favour of BREXIT.

Because even you should have noticed that hyperventilation sells
a lot more papers and gets a lot more watching your TV channels.

Nice word, hyperventilation. Now find out what it means.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

No, pet. It's a dry paper bag you use for hyperventilation.

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
It appears that you may believe that all those who voted
leave are uneducated idiots who didn't realise the consequences of their
actions but I suggest that they were an average cross section of society
in exactly the same proportions as those who voted to stay.

Those who voted leave were not only uneducated idiots but worse still
gamblers. Who gambled with others' money too.

Apart from those who really did vote out on all important principles. Like
not being able to buy glyphosate in the supermarket.

--
*Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote
Tim Watts wrote
michael adams wrote

So do you expect all those people who are going to lose their
jobs to contact you, directly ? Or are you going to contact them ?

And would salary slips for say the previous six months be sufficient to
caculate their payments ?

I must admit it's really refreshing to meet a true man
of principle, who's not going to weasal out of anything.

I am not responsible for them.

But you are.

Nope.

You were advised by the Government of the possible
consequences of voting "out". Including job losses.

But there is no evidence that the govt got that right.

Or that those who have lost their jobs
did so because Britain left the EU either.

You chose to ignore that advice

Because the govt had no basis to substantiate the claims they made.

and quite possibly as a direct result of your voting "out", those people
are going to lose their jobs.

You don’t know that either.

It really is a simple as that I'm afraid.

Like hell it is.

You and people who voted as you did are going to be just as responsible
for the financial disaster which lies ahead,

There is no financial disaster ahead.

If Britain survived much of the world financial
system imploding spectacularly in 2008 fine,
it will survive leaving the EU fine too.

as is Tony Blair for all the devastation caused by the War on Iraq

Even sillier than you usually manage. That would have
happened anyway even if Blair had opposed it completely.

and the current state of the Middle East.

Ditto.

Completely off with the ****ing fairys, as always.

Given that they were starting from a lower baseline to start with,

Completely off with the ****ing fairys, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote
Tim Watts wrote
michael adams wrote

And please don't lie and claim that even just one of these people can
guarentee that none of this is going to happen Because they can't.

Yeah - and you can't guarantee it will happen.

But you're the one quite prepared to gamble with
people's jobs. Not me.

Wrong, as always. Britain staying in the EU is an even
bigger gamble with peoples' jobs than leaving if the
eurozone implodes completely and takes Britain with
it because Britain's financial services industry is so
dependant on the state of the eurozone even with
Britain not in the eurozone. If the eurozone implodes
spectacularly, there goes most of the jobs in the
British financial services industry with it.

So best stop winging and wait and see what actually happens...

But its not me that counts here, is it ?

It's the thousands of people who are now unsure whether they're going to
have a job next year who matter here. And all because of your vote.

They would have been just as unsure if the vote had been
to stay. Just different people. With Britain leaving the EU
quite a few jobs in the ag sector will be going given that
about half the income from of that sector is EU CAP
subsidys. With Britain still in the EU it is the financial
services industry if the eurozone implodes completely
and takes jobs in the British financial services sector with it.

Do you really imagine "wait and see what actually happens" is
going to be much of a consolation to them, in such a situation?

That is all anyone can ever did with either leaving or remaining.

That's life. You get to like that or lump it.

It's pretty obvious that just like TNP, you're so far up
yourself that you haven't given any thought whatsoever
as to how Brexit is actually going to adversly impact
on tens of thousands of people in this country.

Just as true of you with Britain remaining.

Never mind its potential impact on the Union.

Maybe he couldn’t care less about that.