Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Behaving British

On 06-Jul-16 9:40 PM, polygonum wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=9931004

Today the company I work for (only a small organisation), found out for
sure that a major contract is not going to be awarded for some time yet,
if ever. (No competition. Previous work just what customer
wanted/needed. Price not a problem.) Reason: Brexit.

We have also almost certainly lost out on the biggest contract we would
ever be likely to achieve. Albeit, our chances of winning the contract
were not as good as above - more of a flyer, kick ourselves if we don't
go for it. Reason: Brexit.

I suspect quite a few companies hoping for government orders might have
a very long period of waiting.

I supply the building trade and had a number of orders where the items
were reserved, pending the result of the referendum. None have been
confirmed and some have already been cancelled as the building projects
they were for will not now be going ahead.

Colin Bignell