Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wi-Fi range extender.

Il giorno venerdì 7 ottobre 2016 10:20:27 UTC+2, The Natural Philosopher ha scritto:
On 07/10/16 08:48, alex wrote:
Hi. I bought the new Lidl Dual-Band wifi extender, model SWV 733 A1.
I'm not a newbye, I do things like this everyday at work and for hobby, but I can't make it work.
I need it as AP, but I can't find how to change its IP, default gateway and disable dhcp. So when I connect mobile to it I get a 192.168.10.x useless IP (my lan is 10.0.0.x) and I can't communicate with my lan and router.

I can just setup wifi configuration, but nothing more.

Have you actually read the manual?

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/4...3/73766_EN.pdf

let them."

Yes I did...
My device is different, that one is just repeater, mine has AP and client mode too.
Anyway, the web interface is different, on mine I didn't find where I can set-up network config.
mine is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgI0HCMWgjQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 07/10/16 08:48, alex wrote:
Hi. I bought the new Lidl Dual-Band wifi extender, model SWV 733 A1.
I'm not a newbye, I do things like this everyday at work and for hobby, but I can't make it work.
I need it as AP, but I can't find how to change its IP, default gateway and disable dhcp. So when I connect mobile to it I get a 192.168.10.x useless IP (my lan is 10.0.0.x) and I can't communicate with my lan and router.

I can just setup wifi configuration, but nothing more.

Have you actually read the manual?

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/4...3/73766_EN.pdf

let them."

Yes I did...
My device is different, that one is just repeater, mine has AP and client mode too.
Anyway, the web interface is different, on mine I didn't find where I can set-up network config.
mine is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgI0HCMWgjQ

Lidl sell some quite sophisticated kit. Don't they have some tech support?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lidl sell some quite sophisticated kit. Don't they have some tech support?

I didn't find any support website.
Anyway in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1rHdqGrob0

almost near the end I see that they can change network config.
on mine I obviously trid clicking there, but nothing happened.
tonight I will try using a different browser, maybe MS Edge is the problem...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Philosopher ha scritto:
On 07/10/16 08:48, alex wrote:
[...]

Silver crest is probably a re badged TPlink.

Did I ever tell you about the three days I wasted trying to set up a
firewall on a TPLINK router?

The screens were there to do it, the manual indicated how to do it, but
all they did was render the unit completely inaccessible and needing a
hard reset.

In the end I threw it away.

And I am not a noob when it comes to setting up firewalls..

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to alex.benedetti, raherrebrugh wrote:
In order for the wifi extender to work like a AP without DHCP you need to do
the following.

1) Set the unit to AP Mode (with the physical button)
2) Connect a network cable from your switch/router to the WAN port of the wifi
extender
3) Connect to the assigned IP address (assigned by your own DHCP) from a
physically connected computer (or if you like a challenge you can do it with
just a mobile device and wifi)
4) Login with admin/admin (or whatever you changed it to)
5) On the wizard tab "AP(LAN Bridge)" should be selected if not reset the
device with the reset button or go through the wizard
6) Configure your wifi settings on the wifi tab and click apply
7) Navigate to the device IP address /lan.shtml (in my case it was assigned
192.168.1.11 so I connect to https://192.168.1.11/lan.shtml). For the record:
this screen should be available in settings tab but isn't when configured as
AP, it is visible when configured as Router, someone screwed up I guess.
8) Disable DHCP and click apply

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-984230-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

raherrebrugh wrote:
replying to alex.benedetti, raherrebrugh wrote:
In order for the wifi extender to work like a AP without DHCP you need
to do
the following.
1) Set the unit to AP Mode (with the physical button)

does this mean that your next door neighbor can connect without you
knowing in the time window?

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 11:12:57 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:45:37 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

1) Repeater. Picks up the existing Wi-Fi signal and re-transmits it.

And knocks throughput in half in the process, only one thing can talk
at a time...

You are correct to say that the "repeater" mode which just re-transmits the main SSID does halve the bandwdth of the wireless signal, it doesn't stop multiple devices working concurrently - they will just have to share a lower performance wireless connection.

My advice is if you have a network cable just put your new wireless device into access point mode only, give it a differnet SSID and let your wireless device connect to which ever AP has the strongest signal. Auto channel selection should be OK but if you are able to determine which channels other neighbourhood APs are using you can manually select an unused channel. Just try and avoid using the bottom or top channel numbers as you get slightly less performance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , raherrebrugh
m writes
This worked for me, hopefully it works for you as well.

What didn't work for me was the Home Owner's Hub's theft of the
newsgroup's posting.
It played havoc with the usenet threading here, and I had to twice
request missing articles from Eternal September to get the full contents
of the 4-year old thread. It is impressive that it was all still there
on E-S.

--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 23:32:07 -0700 (PDT), Kevin H wrote:

1) Repeater. Picks up the existing Wi-Fi signal and re-transmits

it.

And knocks throughput in half in the process, only one thing can

talk
at a time...

You are correct to say that the "repeater" mode which just re-transmits
the main SSID does halve the bandwdth of the wireless signal, it doesn't stop multiple devices working concurrently - they will just have to
share a lower performance wireless connection.

My advice is if you have a network cable just put your new wireless
device into access point mode only, give it a differnet SSID and let
your wireless device connect to which ever AP has the strongest signal.

Don't need to use a different SSID unless you want to know which one
you are connected to and/or which band, if you code that into the
SSID.

Auto channel selection should be OK but if you are able to determine
which channels other neighbourhood APs are using you can manually select
an unused channel. Just try and avoid using the bottom or top channel
numbers as you get slightly less performance.

And preferably only use 1, 6 or 11 as those are the only ones that
don't overlap each other.

--
Cheers
Dave.