Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don

Default spindle extender?

Does anyone know of a source for a spindle extender that i can use
with my vacum system? Those I have seen so far are not drilled to be
used with a vacum system. Tks Don.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Don

What's stopping you from drilling it yourself ??

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don

I put that idea in my hat band for another trip to town and someone
with the ablity to drill thru 3 inches of metal..
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman

"Don" wrote in message
I put that idea in my hat band for another trip to town and someone
with the ablity to drill thru 3 inches of metal..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you have a drill bit that's over three inches long, you have that ability
yourself. Use a Jacobs chuck in your tailstock.

BTW, the question about weakening the spindle extender (I guess that's the
same as a spindle adapter) was thoroughly explored here a couple of years
ago. Do not worry--the metal close to the center line contributes almost
nothing to the stiffness.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
Do not worry--the metal close to the center line contributes almost
nothing to the stiffness.

IMPLANTS DON'T WORK???????

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don

Arch: I have a vicmarc 300 lathe and many of the natural edged
bowls i turn are too deep to allow my oneway vacum acsessories i use
on the headstock . with a spindle extender threaded onto the headstock
i would gain another three inches of head room. I could make new ones
from mdf etc but there would just be some more tools to shuffle
around with. the vacum system is a 3/4hp gast vac system with one of
those threaded rods thru the headstock . I guess i will buy a
regular extension and have it drilled out. As it is now i use a
reverse jam with a hardwood extension in my four jaw chuck. with
several different dias. hope this is what u r asking about. Don