Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wi-Fi range extender.

On 07/10/16 10:03, GB wrote:
On 07/10/2016 09:40, wrote:
Il giorno venerdì 7 ottobre 2016 10:20:27 UTC+2, The Natural
Philosopher ha scritto:
On 07/10/16 08:48, alex wrote:
Hi. I bought the new Lidl Dual-Band wifi extender, model SWV 733 A1.
I'm not a newbye, I do things like this everyday at work and for
hobby, but I can't make it work.
I need it as AP, but I can't find how to change its IP, default
gateway and disable dhcp. So when I connect mobile to it I get a
192.168.10.x useless IP (my lan is 10.0.0.x) and I can't communicate
with my lan and router.

I can just setup wifi configuration, but nothing more.

Have you actually read the manual?

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/4...3/73766_EN.pdf

let them."

Yes I did...
My device is different, that one is just repeater, mine has AP and
client mode too.
Anyway, the web interface is different, on mine I didn't find where I
can set-up network config.
mine is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgI0HCMWgjQ

Lidl sell some quite sophisticated kit. Don't they have some tech support?

Silver crest is probably a re badged TPlink.

Did I ever tell you about the three days I wasted trying to set up a
firewall on a TPLINK router?

The screens were there to do it, the manual indicated how to do it, but
all they did was render the unit completely inaccessible and needing a
hard reset.

In the end I threw it away.

And I am not a noob when it comes to setting up firewalls..

Josef Stalin