Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Wi-Fi range extender.

raherrebrugh wrote:
replying to alex.benedetti, raherrebrugh wrote:
In order for the wifi extender to work like a AP without DHCP you need
to do
the following.
1) Set the unit to AP Mode (with the physical button)

does this mean that your next door neighbor can connect without you
knowing in the time window?

2) Connect a network cable from your switch/router to the WAN port of
the wifi
extender
3) Connect to the assigned IP address (assigned by your own DHCP) from a
physically connected computer (or if you like a challenge you can do it
with
just a mobile device and wifi)
4) Login with admin/admin (or whatever you changed it to)
5) On the wizard tab "AP(LAN Bridge)" should be selected if not reset the
device with the reset button or go through the wizard
6) Configure your wifi settings on the wifi tab and click apply
7) Navigate to the device IP address /lan.shtml (in my case it was assigned
192.168.1.11 so I connect to https://192.168.1.11/lan.shtml). For the
record:
this screen should be available in settings tab but isn't when
configured as
AP, it is visible when configured as Router, someone screwed up I guess.
8) Disable DHCP and click apply

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you as well.