Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Box extender

Does such a thing exist? I mean a spacer to go on the front of a surface or
drywall box, between the box & socket outlet to increase the internal space?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does such a thing exist? I mean a spacer to go on the front of a surface or
drywall box, between the box & socket outlet to increase the internal space?

ISTR they used to be available, but I stopped house bashing in the
early 90's...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Does such a thing exist? I mean a spacer to go on the front of a surface or
drywall box, between the box & socket outlet to increase the internal space?

Yes, but I'm not sure how you would plan to use it on a drywall box...

Found them eventually in the Appleby catalogue. Page 3.

http://www.electrium.co.uk/Appleby2003(4).pdf

Or, if you don't want to download the catalogue (2MB), here's an example

http://www.moss-catalogue.co.uk/section.php?xSec=1474

or CPC have them

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2cmz7m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MK k2133 or mk K2134

white plastic surface mounting frame [ like a box with no back in it]
innit!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Osborne wrote:
white plastic surface mounting frame [ like a box with no back in it]
innit!

Oh yeah, my bad. Makes the crack about the dry lining box look even more
stupid as well :-(

Not really. You need to drill out the screw threads (or press out the
brass inserts) and possibly use longer crews through those holes to pick
up the original threads in the backing box.

--
*Husbands should come with instructions

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Does such a thing exist?

Yup

I mean a spacer to go on the front of a surface or
drywall box, between the box & socket outlet to increase the internal space?

Wot like this?:

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/Electrica...sp?sku=PL08925

;-)

(Credit to Bill Wright over on UKDTV for mentioning them)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Does such a thing exist? I mean a spacer to go on the front of a
surface or drywall box, between the box & socket outlet to increase
the internal space?

Yes, but I'm not sure how you would plan to use it on a drywall box...

Found them eventually in the Appleby catalogue. Page 3.

http://www.electrium.co.uk/Appleby2003(4).pdf

Or, if you don't want to download the catalogue (2MB), here's an
example
http://www.moss-catalogue.co.uk/section.php?xSec=1474

or CPC have them

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2cmz7m

Sorry, I meant a white plastic box rctender.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorry, I meant a white plastic box rctender.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930

....maybe that is why 4 posts up I put

MK k2133 or mk K2134

Stud extender for thicker insulation Dante M. Catoni[_2_] Home Repair 9 October 27th 07 12:56 AM
hose bibb extender? Dave[_9_] Home Repair 5 October 12th 07 11:43 PM
Remote Extender Phil Electronics Repair 1 December 3rd 06 06:07 AM
spindle extender? Don Woodturning 5 March 13th 06 02:19 AM
remote control extender. Fred Electronics 8 October 3rd 03 03:37 AM