Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default It does not take the pikeys long does it?

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

That saved you a trip to the tip.

Round here the local paper reported that vans have been pulling up
outside the charity shops when they are shut and taking stuff that
people have left in the doorways for the next day. The shops are
threatening that they will prosecute anyone who is caught - which could
make for an interesting defence in court, as last year, the same shops
were complaining about people leaving stuff in the doorways and were
asking the council to do them for fly-tipping! I doubt that you could be
successfully prosecuted for "stealing" fly-tipped rubbish.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Must be retard Pikeys then... Round here if it's not gone in under 45
minutes it's either absolutely ****ing down or night time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

I didn't notice the driver putting on a seat belt!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARW
writes
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Did they seriously clock that from the street?
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

fred wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Did they seriously clock that from the street?

Yes.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Was the 50mm gap too heavy for them to lift?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Nthkentman wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message ...

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Must be retard Pikeys then... Round here if it's not gone in under 45
minutes it's either absolutely ****ing down or night time.

Define night time-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 21:42:38 -0000, "ARW"
wrote:

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Unless you had a notice on it or had already informed them, that's
simple theft.
Different story if you'd left at at the top of your out for rubbish
collection or with a not for the scrapmetal men. Given their eyesight,
a note on the cooker when they spotted it at the bottom of the garden
would have been ok.
Imagine you'd only left it out for the night, intending to re-use it
somewhere else.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Want to send them down here? I put an old dishwasher out in the garden
six months ago and nobody has taken it yet. I might have to take it to
the tip myself.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

I hope you checked their waste carrier's licence. Otherwise you are
liable to prosecution.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

********. That was theft.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 10:00*pm, SteveW wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

That saved you a trip to the tip.

Round here the local paper reported that vans have been pulling up
outside the charity shops when they are shut and taking stuff that
people have left in the doorways for the next day. The shops are
threatening that they will prosecute anyone who is caught - which could
make for an interesting defence in court, as last year, the same shops
were complaining about people leaving stuff in the doorways and were
asking the council to do them for fly-tipping! I doubt that you could be
successfully prosecuted for "stealing" fly-tipped rubbish.

SteveW

I think you can.
I heard of someone getting a caution for skip diving.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Better class of Pikey around here.
They knock on the door and ask if it is O.K. to take any scrap metal out of
your skip.
They all seem to be Eastern European with coffee coloured skin but driving
different vehicles so I suspect some kind of large but quite well behaved
organisation has infiltrated the area.

They also go away when you say 'No Thanks'.

No idea what happened to the traditional Pikeys though.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Unless you had a notice on it or had already informed them, that's
simple theft.

Next door neighbour had to reclaim a flymo which had been left under a
porch for a few minutes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

I hope you checked their waste carrier's licence. Otherwise you are
liable to prosecution.

********. That was theft.

I was pulling your leg, dear boy...

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 10:07*pm, "Nthkentman" wrote:
"ARW" *wrote in ...

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Must be retard Pikeys then... Round here if it's not gone in under 45
minutes it's either absolutely ****ing down or night time.

Good Catholics not working on a sunday
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 07:54:51 -0000, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

No idea what happened to the traditional Pikeys though.

They're in the City, shifting money around.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Around here they tend to be even quicker than that. Record time so far
8 minutes from leaving something out to it disappearing, though it did
take a couple of hours to dispose of our old washing machine a couple of
weeks ago.
This used to wind me up as surely it must be theft, but these days I
simply make sure that nothing I want to keep is on the front of the
house and use them as a service to dispose of stuff, saving myself a
trip to the tip.
We have a 'special street collection' tomorrow. They'll be all over it
ahead of the council crews: Wish I had a camera set up to see them at it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

No idea what happened to the traditional Pikeys though.

livestock rustling, indoor gardening and forced railway infrastructure renewal
amongst other things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2012 10:15, GMM wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Around here they tend to be even quicker than that. Record time so far
8 minutes from leaving something out to it disappearing, though it did
take a couple of hours to dispose of our old washing machine a couple of
weeks ago.
This used to wind me up as surely it must be theft, but these days I
simply make sure that nothing I want to keep is on the front of the
house and use them as a service to dispose of stuff, saving myself a
trip to the tip.
We have a 'special street collection' tomorrow. They'll be all over it
ahead of the council crews: Wish I had a camera set up to see them at it.

My council charge a huge amount to take fridge/freezers so the pikeys
are welcome. I have an estate car so it doesn't affect me
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:15:59 AM UTC, GMM wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Around here they tend to be even quicker than that. Record time so far

8 minutes from leaving something out to it disappearing, though it did

take a couple of hours to dispose of our old washing machine a couple of

weeks ago.

This used to wind me up as surely it must be theft, but these days I

simply make sure that nothing I want to keep is on the front of the

house and use them as a service to dispose of stuff, saving myself a

trip to the tip.

We have a 'special street collection' tomorrow. They'll be all over it

ahead of the council crews: Wish I had a camera set up to see them at it.

Neighbour put out a TV for the council and it was gone within a couple of hours but what would worry me is that I have in UV pen my address on my valuables .
what if they take what they want and fly tip the rest, I've heard I can be done for not ensuring that I disposed of it properly. So I'm not sure what to do when the council day they'll collect in a couple of days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

[...]

No longer have a UV pens :-(, but then I'll need to remmeber where I wrote on things. I know that on my TV I wrote in two places on the outside and one of the inside, even so I still wouldn't want my TV ending up in daganham brook where I see the odd appliance dumpted.

I'd still want to be able to put my TV out for the council to collect rather than someone who's goign to take the metal and maybe flytip the rest even if I don;t get the blame I'm not happy with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2012 06:44, harry wrote:

I think you can.
I heard of someone getting a caution for skip diving.

"Theft by finding" iirc

--
/Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2012 22:16, fred wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Did they seriously clock that from the street?

You under estimate the visual acuity of the average pikey! I once had a
customer who was in the TV and video rental business in a smart South
London suburb. His high street shop had a service road at the back.
When he had defunct VCR's to take to the tip he would pile them outside
the back door prior to getting his van so he could take them. As he once
demonstrated to me they were all usually gone in less than an hour.

--
Regards Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 5, 7:54*am, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Better class of Pikey around here.
They knock on the door and ask if it is O.K. to take any scrap metal out of
your skip.
They all seem to be Eastern European with coffee coloured skin but driving
different vehicles so I suspect some kind of large but quite well behaved
organisation has infiltrated the area.

They also go away when you say 'No Thanks'.

No idea what happened to the traditional Pikeys though.

They sit by their computers eyeing up the local "Freecycle" site.
If you put something on Freecycle round here, the phone rings before
you can shut the computer off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

94 lines snipped
Un-UV pen them?

No longer have a UV pens :-(, but then I'll need to remmeber where I wrote
on things. I know that on my TV I wrote in two places on the outside and
one of the inside, even so I still wouldn't want my TV ending up in
daganham brook where I see the odd appliance dumpted.

I'd still want to be able to put my TV out for the council to collect
rather than someone who's goign to take the metal and maybe flytip the
rest even if I don;t get the blame I'm not happy with it.

SNIP MAN!!!!

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 10:00 pm, SteveW wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

That saved you a trip to the tip.

Round here the local paper reported that vans have been pulling up
outside the charity shops when they are shut and taking stuff that
people have left in the doorways for the next day. The shops are
threatening that they will prosecute anyone who is caught - which could
make for an interesting defence in court, as last year, the same shops
were complaining about people leaving stuff in the doorways and were
asking the council to do them for fly-tipping! I doubt that you could be
successfully prosecuted for "stealing" fly-tipped rubbish.

SteveW

I think you can.
I heard of someone getting a caution for skip diving.

The contents are presumably still owned until the skip is taken away and
then ownership probably transfers, whereas fly-tipped rubbish has been
deliberately abandoned. I would have thought that made a difference.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:01:48 +0000, SteveW wrote:

The contents are presumably still owned until the skip is taken away
and then ownership probably transfers, ...

I think ownership transfers when something enters the skip.

... whereas fly-tipped rubbish has been deliberately abandoned. I would
have thought that made a difference.

That is still owned by the orginal person. How can anybody know who
dumped it? Hence some one being concerned about their UV marked stuff
that was stolen from outside their house ending up being fly tipped and
traced back to them. How are they going to prove it was stolen? They get
landed the councils clean up bill...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

GMM wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Around here they tend to be even quicker than that. Record time so
far 8 minutes from leaving something out to it disappearing, though
it did take a couple of hours to dispose of our old washing machine a
couple of weeks ago.

I have heard of faster. One bloke took his radiator outside to paint it. I
was gone when he got back with the paint and paintbrush.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:59:03 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

It ought to be the case (I don't know whether it is or not) that
fly-tipped stuff is still the property of the fly-tippers. That way the
council could return it to them. Or indeed anyone could.

I know what you mean but what about stuff that the fly tippers don't own,
ie. they've nicked it? Fairly sure fly tipped stuff belongs to the
orginal owner and they can be billed for any clean up, which may well
include having their property returned.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 19:01:48 +0000, SteveW wrote:

The contents are presumably still owned until the skip is taken away
and then ownership probably transfers, ...

I think ownership transfers when something enters the skip.

... whereas fly-tipped rubbish has been deliberately abandoned. I
would have thought that made a difference.

That is still owned by the orginal person. How can anybody know who
dumped it? Hence some one being concerned about their UV marked stuff
that was stolen from outside their house ending up being fly tipped
and traced back to them.

How are they going to prove it was stolen?
They get landed the councils clean up bill...

The stuff you gave away to the charity shop:-)?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes

On Dec 4, 10:00 pm, SteveW wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

[...]

I suppose you could be done for disturbing the scent of a crime or
removing evidence

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"ARW" wrote in message
I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Better class of Pikey around here.
They knock on the door and ask if it is O.K. to take any scrap metal
out of your skip.
They all seem to be Eastern European with coffee coloured skin but
driving different vehicles so I suspect some kind of large but quite
well behaved organisation has infiltrated the area.

They could be moslems - you could be financing the al qaida revolution

They also go away when you say 'No Thanks'.

No idea what happened to the traditional Pikeys though.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2012 23:48, geoff wrote:

I suppose you could be done for disturbing the scent of a crime or
removing evidence

Before the sniffer dogs arrive? :-)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:44:48 AM UTC, harry wrote:

I think you can.

I heard of someone getting a caution for skip diving.

Quite likely.
Plod offers a caution or prosecution and gets clear-up brownie points if the idiot accepts a caution.

A solicitor would probably have told them to prosecute and the CPS wouldn't bother a court with such nonsense.
They'd need to summons the owner to testify.

Locked scrap metal skips on private property are a different matter,
about which I've heard of plod taking NFA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

They're **** scared of the Albanians.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 5, 5:35 pm, Peter Crosland wrote:

You under estimate the visual acuity of the average pikey! I once had a
customer who was in the TV and video rental business in a smart South
London suburb. His high street shop had a service road at the back.
When he had defunct VCR's to take to the tip he would pile them outside
the back door prior to getting his van so he could take them. As he once
demonstrated to me they were all usually gone in less than an hour.

I expect the hearty chortles were audible in the next street...

Jim K