Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It does not take the pikeys long does it?

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:15:59 AM UTC, GMM wrote:
On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Around here they tend to be even quicker than that. Record time so far

8 minutes from leaving something out to it disappearing, though it did

take a couple of hours to dispose of our old washing machine a couple of

weeks ago.

This used to wind me up as surely it must be theft, but these days I

simply make sure that nothing I want to keep is on the front of the

house and use them as a service to dispose of stuff, saving myself a

trip to the tip.

We have a 'special street collection' tomorrow. They'll be all over it

ahead of the council crews: Wish I had a camera set up to see them at it.

Neighbour put out a TV for the council and it was gone within a couple of hours but what would worry me is that I have in UV pen my address on my valuables .
what if they take what they want and fly tip the rest, I've heard I can be done for not ensuring that I disposed of it properly. So I'm not sure what to do when the council day they'll collect in a couple of days.