Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default It does not take the pikeys long does it?

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:07:41 PM UTC, Phil wrote:
On 05/12/2012 12:47, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:15:59 AM UTC, GMM wrote:

On 04/12/2012 21:42, ARW wrote:

I put my old gas cooker outside on Sunday night.

Gone at 7.55am Monday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXPx...ature=youtu.be

Around here they tend to be even quicker than that. Record time so far

8 minutes from leaving something out to it disappearing, though it did

take a couple of hours to dispose of our old washing machine a couple of

weeks ago.

This used to wind me up as surely it must be theft, but these days I

simply make sure that nothing I want to keep is on the front of the

house and use them as a service to dispose of stuff, saving myself a

trip to the tip.

We have a 'special street collection' tomorrow. They'll be all over it

ahead of the council crews: Wish I had a camera set up to see them at it.

Neighbour put out a TV for the council and it was gone within a couple of hours but what would worry me is that I have in UV pen my address on my valuables .

what if they take what they want and fly tip the rest, I've heard I can be done for not ensuring that I disposed of it properly. So I'm not sure what to do when the council day they'll collect in a couple of days.

Un-UV pen them?

No longer have a UV pens :-(, but then I'll need to remmeber where I wrote on things. I know that on my TV I wrote in two places on the outside and one of the inside, even so I still wouldn't want my TV ending up in daganham brook where I see the odd appliance dumpted.

I'd still want to be able to put my TV out for the council to collect rather than someone who's goign to take the metal and maybe flytip the rest even if I don;t get the blame I'm not happy with it.