Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bell wire rating

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:28:46 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:40:28 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Not allowed isn't always anything to do with safe. It's paperpushers
making **** up.

I would hardly describe a bunch of chartered engineers as "paper
pushers"

There are two sets of people in this world. Those that do things, and
those that tell others they're doing it wrong. I prefer the first kind.

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee might
also have other actual jobs too?

You only get let into such committees if you're a health and safety
conscious ****t.

My father, FIEE, CEng was asked to comment on parts of the regs and he was
far from a H&S ****.

I think you should stop talking now...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I would hardly describe a bunch of chartered engineers as "paper
pushers"

There are two sets of people in this world. Those that do things, and
those that tell others they're doing it wrong. I prefer the first kind.

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee might
also have other actual jobs too?

You only get let into such committees if you're a health and safety
conscious ****t.

My father, FIEE, CEng was asked to comment on parts of the regs and he was
far from a H&S ****.

I think you should stop talking now...

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I just found out one of my friends has died.
He overdosed on indigestion liquid.
I can't believe Gav is gone!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I would hardly describe a bunch of chartered engineers as "paper
pushers"

There are two sets of people in this world. Those that do things, and
those that tell others they're doing it wrong. I prefer the first kind.

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee might
also have other actual jobs too?

That's just greed.

Oh do stop being a ****.

Two jobs instead of one? That's like a man and wife both working when others are unemployed.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Q. What's a Catholic priest and a pint of Guinness got in common?
A. A black coat, white collar and you've got to watch your arse if you get a dodgy one!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee
might also have other actual jobs too?

That's just greed.

Oh do stop being a ****.

Two jobs instead of one? That's like a man and wife both working when
others are unemployed.

In the case of the bodies who set professional standards, it's normally
employing, part time and for a minimal fee, a very experienced and
well-respected practitioner in the field which is being regulated. This
tends to rein in the worst excesses of the H&S brigade, while promoting
good practice as used by the best in the field.

Or maybe you'd prefer regulation to be done entirely by H&S jobsworths
and people who can't hold a job down due to incompetence or illness?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee
might also have other actual jobs too?

That's just greed.

Oh do stop being a ****.

Two jobs instead of one? That's like a man and wife both working when
others are unemployed.

In the case of the bodies who set professional standards, it's normally
employing, part time and for a minimal fee, a very experienced and
well-respected practitioner in the field which is being regulated. This
tends to rein in the worst excesses of the H&S brigade, while promoting
good practice as used by the best in the field.

Or maybe you'd prefer regulation to be done entirely by H&S jobsworths
and people who can't hold a job down due to incompetence or illness?

It isn't reining in much of it, there's H&S everywhere, it's going to ruin the country.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It isn't reining in much of it, there's H&S everywhere, it's going to
ruin the country.

I take it you've never worked in a moderately hazardous environment such
as a building site, then?

When I was a manager for a small company, I was glad of the H&S rules,
even if it was only to stop the employees doing daft things. And they
were glad of them, as it they stopped me potentially asking them to do
even dafter things.

Maybe you'd like to return to the days when paint was made by painters
adding handfuls of lead and arsenic compounds to the varnish base until
they got more or less the right colour? Then, dying of lead poisoning
before they had chance to retire. Or hatters working with mercury
compounds and going mad?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:25:15 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

If you want to be a sissy, by all means change the house when you buy it.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

When you're having a really bad day and it seems like people are trying to **** you off, remember it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 4 to extend your middle finger.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:33:09 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It isn't reining in much of it, there's H&S everywhere, it's going to
ruin the country.

I take it you've never worked in a moderately hazardous environment such
as a building site, then?

Yes I have. I irritated several health and safety ******s as I ignored all the rules.

People should look after and be responsible for themselves. By all means don't let people do something that would hurt someone else, but insisting you protect yourself is insane!

When I was a manager for a small company, I was glad of the H&S rules,
even if it was only to stop the employees doing daft things. And they
were glad of them, as it they stopped me potentially asking them to do
even dafter things.

If you asked them to do something they thought dangerous, all they have to do is say no, you don't need rules for that.

Maybe you'd like to return to the days when paint was made by painters
adding handfuls of lead and arsenic compounds to the varnish base until
they got more or less the right colour? Then, dying of lead poisoning
before they had chance to retire. Or hatters working with mercury
compounds and going mad?

They chose to do so.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Take notice: when this sign is under water, this road is impassable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:

Or maybe you'd prefer regulation to be done entirely by H&S jobsworths
and people who can't hold a job down due to incompetence or illness?

About 3 posts back he claimed it was!

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

******** you have - you would have been frogmarched off the site.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:33:09 +0100, John Williamson wrote:-

I take it you've never worked in a moderately hazardous environment such
as a building site, then?

Yes I have. I irritated several health and safety ******s as I ignored
all the rules.

I can easily imagine that. You wouldn't have lasted long on a site I was
supervising.

People should look after and be responsible for themselves. By all
means don't let people do something that would hurt someone else, but
insisting you protect yourself is insane!

When you are working in a group, then what you do affects the whole
group. At the very least, if you (For example) fall off a ladder and
break your stupid neck, paralysing yourself from the neck down, the
other people nearby will suffer from shock, and will work more slowly
for the rest of the day. Not to mention the disruption caused by the
ambulance workers on site. Your family would also be adversely affected.

Unless you magically appeared from nothing, and have no friends,
relatives or dependants. If you were to render yourself unfit to work or
do whatever you do day to day, who would have to look after your parrots?

When I was a manager for a small company, I was glad of the H&S rules,
even if it was only to stop the employees doing daft things. And they
were glad of them, as it they stopped me potentially asking them to do
even dafter things.

If you asked them to do something they thought dangerous, all they have
to do is say no, you don't need rules for that.

You're correct in this case, because I'm sensible, and so were the lads
on site. In other cases, it could well have been "Do it this way or go
away.", or "I'm doing it this way, and you can go **** yourself."

Maybe you'd like to return to the days when paint was made by painters
adding handfuls of lead and arsenic compounds to the varnish base until
they got more or less the right colour? Then, dying of lead poisoning
before they had chance to retire. Or hatters working with mercury
compounds and going mad?

They chose to do so.

It was do that (Or other jobs with just as many risks) or starve. Not
only that, the dangers weren't immediately obvious, as the symptoms only
appeared after years of doing the job.

A lot of miners who are now suffering from lung disease caused by
working down the mines didn't know about pneumoconiosis until it was too
late. It was just accepted that the hard work down the mine killed you
early. Is it unfair to now force them to wear breathing gear and masks
now that the cause of the deaths has been established? (Hint) We import
cheap coal from countries where H&S rules are much more relaxed. As a
direct result of this, coal mining :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_mining#Safety

kills and injures more miners in a year than the nuclear industry has in
total, excluding the deliberate efforts in Japan during WW2.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It isn't reining in much of it, there's H&S everywhere, it's going to
ruin the country.

I take it you've never worked in a moderately hazardous environment such
as a building site, then?

Yes I have. I irritated several health and safety ******s as I ignored
all the rules.

******** you have - you would have been frogmarched off the site.

I didn't work for them. I worked for the company where renovations were taking place by a private contractor, who thought he was in charge of "his" worksite.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

__
/ \ __
.---. _ / / _./ \
\ `. / \ / /.-~/ __/
`\ \ | | |/ .-~ __
\ \ | | | .'--~~ \
\ \ | | ` ' _______/
\ \ | ` /
.--. \ \ | ` /
\ `.\ \ \ /
`\ \ \ `\ (
\ \ \ ,-.-.
\ `. \ / | \ \
\ . \ /___| O |O\ ,
.-. \ ; | /` `^-.\.-'`--'/
\ `; | | /
`\ \ | `. `--..____,'
\ `. | `._ _.-'^
\ . / ` |`|`
.-.\ / | |
\ `\ / | |
`\ ` | | |
\ | | |
.-. | | |
\ `. \ | |
`\ \ | |
\ \ | |
\_____ :-'~~~~~'-' ;
/____;``-. :
____( `. ;
\___\ ; .'
/``--'~___ .-'
/\___/^/__/
/ /' /`/'
\ \ \ \
`\ \ \ \
\ \ \ \
\ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ ____
\ \ ___\ \'~``______)
\ \___ _______ __)
_____\ \'~``______)
(_______.._______)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You're a health and safety ****** then?

Big ****ing deal.

Not to mention the disruption caused by the ambulance workers on site.

Big ****ing deal.

Your family would also be adversely affected.

That's my problem not yours.

Unless you magically appeared from nothing, and have no friends,
relatives or dependants. If you were to render yourself unfit to work or
do whatever you do day to day, who would have to look after your parrots?

That's my problem not yours.

When I was a manager for a small company, I was glad of the H&S rules,
even if it was only to stop the employees doing daft things. And they
were glad of them, as it they stopped me potentially asking them to do
even dafter things.

If you asked them to do something they thought dangerous, all they have
to do is say no, you don't need rules for that.

You're correct in this case, because I'm sensible, and so were the lads
on site. In other cases, it could well have been "Do it this way or go
away.",

There is such a thing as unfair dismissal.

or "I'm doing it this way, and you can go **** yourself."

There is such a thing as hiring someone else.

Maybe you'd like to return to the days when paint was made by painters
adding handfuls of lead and arsenic compounds to the varnish base until
they got more or less the right colour? Then, dying of lead poisoning
before they had chance to retire. Or hatters working with mercury
compounds and going mad?

They chose to do so.

It was do that (Or other jobs with just as many risks) or starve.

So, their choice then.

Not only that, the dangers weren't immediately obvious, as the symptoms only
appeared after years of doing the job.

So nothing to do with health and safety then, just not knowing about the chemicals yet.

A lot of miners who are now suffering from lung disease caused by
working down the mines didn't know about pneumoconiosis until it was too
late.

Pretty obvious it can't be good for you to be in a very dusty place, especially once you cough a lot.

It was just accepted that the hard work down the mine killed you
early.

Indeed. If you don't mind a shorter life, you work down t' pit.

Is it unfair to now force them to wear breathing gear and masks
now that the cause of the deaths has been established?

Yes. You could OFFER them. Wearing them should be up to the workers.

As I've said before, our safety regulations are ****ing up our businesses, other countries without the safety are undercutting us.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca the Younger 4 b.c.- 65 a.d.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

It isn't reining in much of it, there's H&S everywhere, it's going to
ruin the country.

I take it you've never worked in a moderately hazardous environment
such
as a building site, then?

Yes I have. I irritated several health and safety ******s as I ignored
all the rules.

******** you have - you would have been frogmarched off the site.

I didn't work for them. I worked for the company where renovations were
taking place by a private contractor, who thought he was in charge of
"his" worksite.

Doesn't matter. If you were behaving in such a way on a site I was
responsible for, and claimed you weren't responsible to me, I'd be in
touch with your boss PDQ, and you would be removed by him. By entering
the site as a worker or visitor, you agree to follow the site rules.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

As I've said before, our safety regulations are ****ing up our businesses,
other countries without the safety are undercutting us.

Oh that's OK then. let's go back to stuffing boys up chimneys and ruuning
powered shuttle looms with open drive leather belts - can always find
another serf when the passing belt buckle ripped the arm off the last girl.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 21:55:10 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

As I've said before, our safety regulations are ****ing up our businesses,
other countries without the safety are undercutting us.

Oh that's OK then. let's go back to stuffing boys up chimneys and ruuning
powered shuttle looms with open drive leather belts - can always find
another serf when the passing belt buckle ripped the arm off the last girl.

It would solve over population.

There is a happy medium. Requiring someone to go on a course to lift a box is beyond a joke.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Lemon entry my dear Watson.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I take it you've never worked in a moderately hazardous environment
such
as a building site, then?

Yes I have. I irritated several health and safety ******s as I ignored
all the rules.

******** you have - you would have been frogmarched off the site.

I didn't work for them. I worked for the company where renovations were
taking place by a private contractor, who thought he was in charge of
"his" worksite.

Doesn't matter. If you were behaving in such a way on a site I was
responsible for, and claimed you weren't responsible to me, I'd be in
touch with your boss PDQ, and you would be removed by him. By entering
the site as a worker or visitor, you agree to follow the site rules.

It isn't YOUR site, you are working for my boss and should do as you're told. The only time it escalated into them preventing me from doing what I wanted to do (I normally just sneaked round them when they weren't looking), my boss got them to do my job for me in the area they didn't want me in without all their poofy safety boots and ****.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Are you into casual sex, or should I dress up?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
As I've said before, our safety regulations are ****ing up our
businesses,
other countries without the safety are undercutting us.

Oh that's OK then. let's go back to stuffing boys up chimneys and ruuning
powered shuttle looms with open drive leather belts - can always find
another serf when the passing belt buckle ripped the arm off the last
girl.

It would solve over population.

Jonathan Swift had a solution to the population problem, too.

The belt ripping the arm off doesn't necessarily kill the girl, though.
Just as often, it leaves her needing support for the rest of her life,
so causing a problem for the rest of us, who have to pay for that care.

There is a happy medium. Requiring someone to go on a course to lift a
box is beyond a joke.

You'd be amazed how many people don't known how to lift a reasonably
heavy box safely, and how few know their limits.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
As I've said before, our safety regulations are ****ing up our
businesses,
other countries without the safety are undercutting us.

Oh that's OK then. let's go back to stuffing boys up chimneys and ruuning
powered shuttle looms with open drive leather belts - can always find
another serf when the passing belt buckle ripped the arm off the last
girl.

It would solve over population.

Jonathan Swift had a solution to the population problem, too.

Which was?

The belt ripping the arm off doesn't necessarily kill the girl, though.
Just as often, it leaves her needing support for the rest of her life,
so causing a problem for the rest of us, who have to pay for that care.

Then the belt should be more powerful.

There is a happy medium. Requiring someone to go on a course to lift a
box is beyond a joke.

You'd be amazed how many people don't known how to lift a reasonably
heavy box safely, and how few know their limits.

You're the type of ****t I'm thinking of.

Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a ladder, which people seem to think also requires a course. There'll be a course on how to open a door next.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

What lives in the sea, and goes dah di dah dit, dah dah dit dah?
A morse cod.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
As I've said before, our safety regulations are ****ing up our
businesses,
other countries without the safety are undercutting us.

Oh that's OK then. let's go back to stuffing boys up chimneys and
ruuning
powered shuttle looms with open drive leather belts - can always find
another serf when the passing belt buckle ripped the arm off the last
girl.

It would solve over population.

Jonathan Swift had a solution to the population problem, too.

Which was?

It's not hard to find out what it was, but it involved Irish babies and
anthropophagy. But he *was* Irish, living around the time of one of
their famines, and the principle could be applied anywhere.

The belt ripping the arm off doesn't necessarily kill the girl, though.
Just as often, it leaves her needing support for the rest of her life,
so causing a problem for the rest of us, who have to pay for that care.

Then the belt should be more powerful.

Or just fitted with sharp teeth to help it grip the arm better. You
really are an idiot.

There is a happy medium. Requiring someone to go on a course to lift a
box is beyond a joke.

You'd be amazed how many people don't known how to lift a reasonably
heavy box safely, and how few know their limits.

You're the type of ****t I'm thinking of.

I'm the one that lives in the real world. I don't live in cloud cuckoo
land, as you seem to.

Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a ladder,
which people seem to think also requires a course. There'll be a course
on how to open a door next.

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to open
and close the doors under their control safely.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article op.wmupuzcnytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
scribeth thus

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I would hardly describe a bunch of chartered engineers as "paper
pushers"

There are two sets of people in this world. Those that do things, and
those that tell others they're doing it wrong. I prefer the first kind.

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee might
also have other actual jobs too?

You only get let into such committees if you're a health and safety
conscious ****t.

My father, FIEE, CEng was asked to comment on parts of the regs and he was
far from a H&S ****.

I think you should stop talking now...

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

So theres hope for the rest of us then;?.

That one day you'll find out the hard way...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article op.wmusaui2ytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
scribeth thus
om wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

If you want to be a sissy, by all means change the house when you buy it.

Its nothing ay all about being a "sissy" due to your disregard of
safety -you- can endanger someone's else's life and health.

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
Doesn't matter. If you were behaving in such a way on a site I was
responsible for, and claimed you weren't responsible to me, I'd be in
touch with your boss PDQ, and you would be removed by him. By entering
the site as a worker or visitor, you agree to follow the site rules.

Quite. I can remember shooting some bits of a TV prog on a building site -
on a Sunday when it wasn't working. Yet we still had to observe all the
H&S stuff needed for a normal working day there.

--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Oh that's OK then. let's go back to stuffing boys up chimneys and
ruuning
powered shuttle looms with open drive leather belts - can always find
another serf when the passing belt buckle ripped the arm off the last
girl.

It would solve over population.

Jonathan Swift had a solution to the population problem, too.

Which was?

It's not hard to find out what it was, but it involved Irish babies and
anthropophagy. But he *was* Irish, living around the time of one of
their famines, and the principle could be applied anywhere.

Well we have to do something about the population. 65 million people do not fit on this island.

The belt ripping the arm off doesn't necessarily kill the girl, though.
Just as often, it leaves her needing support for the rest of her life,
so causing a problem for the rest of us, who have to pay for that care.

Then the belt should be more powerful.

Or just fitted with sharp teeth to help it grip the arm better. You
really are an idiot.

No point in doing things by halves.

There is a happy medium. Requiring someone to go on a course to lift a
box is beyond a joke.

You'd be amazed how many people don't known how to lift a reasonably
heavy box safely, and how few know their limits.

You're the type of ****t I'm thinking of.

I'm the one that lives in the real world. I don't live in cloud cuckoo
land, as you seem to.

I'm the one that can look after myself without following silly little rules.

Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a ladder,
which people seem to think also requires a course. There'll be a course
on how to open a door next.

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to open
and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door without even thinking about it.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

"Why do the birds fly south to Africa in the autumn?"
"Because it's too far for them to walk."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

You don't suppose that the engineers who sit on the regs committee might
also have other actual jobs too?

You only get let into such committees if you're a health and safety
conscious ****t.

My father, FIEE, CEng was asked to comment on parts of the regs and he was
far from a H&S ****.

I think you should stop talking now...

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

So theres hope for the rest of us then;?.

That one day you'll find out the hard way...

Speak for yourself, you're the one that thinks they have to be told how to do things safely.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

om wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

If you want to be a sissy, by all means change the house when you buy it.

Its nothing ay all about being a "sissy" due to your disregard of
safety -you- can endanger someone's else's life and health.

Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the word means.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article op.wmv63cffytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
scribeth thus

om wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

If you want to be a sissy, by all means change the house when you buy it.

Its nothing ay all about being a "sissy" due to your disregard of
safety -you- can endanger someone's else's life and health.

Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the word means.

I know what the word means .. I wonder if you really do...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

om wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

If you want to be a sissy, by all means change the house when you buy it.

Its nothing ay all about being a "sissy" due to your disregard of
safety -you- can endanger someone's else's life and health.

Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the word means.

I know what the word means .. I wonder if you really do...

If you don't think it means what I just said it does, then state your meaning.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
Vet: "Is it a tom?"
Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it wi' us."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a ladder,
which people seem to think also requires a course. There'll be a course
on how to open a door next.

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to open
and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door
without even thinking about it.

No, I mean people with degrees like yours. Also train drivers and guards.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a ladder,
which people seem to think also requires a course. There'll be a course
on how to open a door next.

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to open
and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door
without even thinking about it.

No, I mean people with degrees like yours. Also train drivers and guards.

Anyone over the age of 6 can open a door.

Do they do training on how to eat a sandwich too?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Acupuncture is a jab well done.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:26:00 -0000, tony sayer wrote:

In article op.wmv63cffytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the
word means.

I know what the word means .. I wonder if you really do...

If you don't think it means what I just said it does, then state your
meaning.

(Collins online dictionary)
sissy, cissy [ˈsɪsɪ]
n pl -sies
an effeminate, weak, or cowardly boy or man

Being afraid of dangerous things is commonly known as "being sensible".

Not being afraid of dangerous things is commonly known as "being
stupid", or "being suicidal", depending on just how dangerous they are.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a
ladder,
which people seem to think also requires a course. There'll be a
course
on how to open a door next.

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to open
and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door
without even thinking about it.

No, I mean people with degrees like yours. Also train drivers and guards.

Anyone over the age of 6 can open a door.

Yet again, you expose your total ignorance of the real world.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 15:19:45 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:26:00 -0000, tony sayer wrote:

In article op.wmv63cffytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the
word means.

I know what the word means .. I wonder if you really do...

If you don't think it means what I just said it does, then state your
meaning.

(Collins online dictionary)
sissy, cissy [ˈsɪsɪ]
n pl -sies
an effeminate, weak, or cowardly boy or man

Being afraid of dangerous things is commonly known as "being sensible"..

Not being afraid of dangerous things is commonly known as "being
stupid", or "being suicidal", depending on just how dangerous they are..

COWARDLY. From your own paste.

Coward: One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to open
and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door
without even thinking about it.

No, I mean people with degrees like yours. Also train drivers and guards.

Anyone over the age of 6 can open a door.

Yet again, you expose your total ignorance of the real world.

Are you admitting you can't open a door? Do you have problems putting food in your mouth too? Do you have a helper?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose
Drinking fresh mango juice
With goldfish shoals nibbling round my toes
Fun in the sun

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In article op.wmv63cffytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the
word means.

I know what the word means .. I wonder if you really do...

If you don't think it means what I just said it does, then state your
meaning.

(Collins online dictionary)
sissy, cissy [ˈsɪsɪ]
n pl -sies
an effeminate, weak, or cowardly boy or man

Being afraid of dangerous things is commonly known as "being sensible".

Not being afraid of dangerous things is commonly known as "being
stupid", or "being suicidal", depending on just how dangerous they are.

COWARDLY. From your own paste.

Coward: One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

Relevance to this thread - Zero.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article op.wmuwhcn2ytk5n5@i7-940,
Lieutenant Scott wrote:

[Snip]

Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing a ladder,
which people seem to think also requires a course.

Climbing a ladder in itself is not a problem. Fixing it at the right angle
and on a firm footing might need tuiton. Working off a ladder is another
matter altogether.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how to
open
and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door
without even thinking about it.

No, I mean people with degrees like yours. Also train drivers and
guards.

Anyone over the age of 6 can open a door.

Yet again, you expose your total ignorance of the real world.

Are you admitting you can't open a door?

Depends on the door in question.

Whereas you, of course, with your massive intellect would immediately
know without training how and when to safely open and close all the
doors on an aircraft, including the freight hatches, and how to check
that it is safe to take off.

Or, sitting at the controls of a passenger train, would know without
training whether it was safe to leave the station, and what to do in the
event of a problem with the train doors.

Or how to safely close the door in a watertight bulkhead of a ship, so
that it remained watertight in the event of a hull breach.

Do you have problems putting
food in your mouth too?

Less than most.

Do you have a helper?

No, although I often help those with "learning difficulties", whose
behaviour often shows more intelligence than your writings here.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Lifting something is not rocket science. Neither is climbing
a ladder, which people seem to think also requires a course.
There'll be a course on how to open a door next.

As it happens, practitioners of certain trades *are* taught how
to open and close the doors under their control safely.

You mean mentally retarded people? Most people can operate a door
without even thinking about it.

No, I mean people with degrees like yours. Also train drivers and
guards.

Anyone over the age of 6 can open a door.

Do they do training on how to eat a sandwich too?

There rules on some sites as to where you can eat a sandwich.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

om wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

I can not and will not tolerate safety.

Just remind us of your address, so we can mark the house down as
probably lethal should it come onto the market.

If you want to be a sissy, by all means change the house when you
buy it.

Its nothing ay all about being a "sissy" due to your disregard of
safety -you- can endanger someone's else's life and health.

Being afraid of dangerous things is being a sissy. That's what the
word means.

Have you been cleaning windows in Bath recently?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20105872

You do have to take risks in life - even crossing the road is a calculated
risk.

--
Adam

Wire Door Bell to Ring LOUD Out Back? tim birr Home Repair 6 September 25th 10 05:00 AM
Dispense with bell wire? Yvonne[_2_] UK diy 7 August 12th 09 05:14 PM
Bell Wire Q TheScullster UK diy 21 April 21st 09 06:45 PM
wire size and amp rating Karl Townsend Metalworking 8 August 30th 07 02:18 PM
Wirefree bell push to wired bell Duncan UK diy 5 June 4th 06 09:14 PM