Posted to uk.d-i-y
Duncan

Default Wirefree bell push to wired bell

I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet
for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like
to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional
loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable
wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have
produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Duncan

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes

In uk.d-i-y, Duncan wrote:
I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet
for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like
to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional
loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable
wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have
produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Space permitting, you could try an "Easy Switch" wall switch transmitter
with your choice of button, and use the receiver to operate a mains-
powered sounder as loud as you like.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind.../EasySwitch/in
dex.html

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Race

Mike Barnes wrote:

In uk.d-i-y, Duncan wrote:

I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet
for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like
to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional
loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable
wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have
produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Space permitting, you could try an "Easy Switch" wall switch transmitter
with your choice of button, and use the receiver to operate a mains-
powered sounder as loud as you like.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind.../EasySwitch/in
dex.html

Friedland do a wireless bell extender. Transmitter connects to existing
bell circuit & uses 1 (or more) standard Friedland wireless bells. I
have fitted 2 (in different houses!) with no problems, but take the
fitting advice and alter the code on transmitter & receiver to avoid
ointerference with others in the locality.

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Stamp

On 3 Jun 2006 10:04:03 -0700, "Duncan"
wrote:

[snip]
Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Friedland used to sell what you want. I used one a few years ago to
add an extra wireless push to an existing wired chime. I've no idea if
they still sell it. I got mine from B&Q, I think.

Cheers,

Colin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham

Don't know whether you can still get them or not but I was faced with
the same problem several years ago and found a wireless door bell from
Byron in which the rf circuit directly drives a standard bell - the
part number is SX15. It takes a couple of D cells to drive it and I've
never had to replace them. Again I think I got it from B&Q for
something like a tenner.

In fact here it is

http://ccgi.byrons.force9.co.uk/prod...d1=2&catid2=11

I know it's fun trying to solve these challenges but I would suggets
this is a no brainer if you can find an outlet for this bell.

Rob

Duncan wrote:
I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet
for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like
to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional
loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable
wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have
produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Duncan

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^

wrote:

I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet
for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like
to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional
loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable
wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have
produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Duncan

The Freidland one I've got is well loud, and also flashes a Xenon
strobe, and AIUI you can have more than 1 receiver.
DG