Posted to uk.d-i-y
Duncan

Default Wirefree bell push to wired bell

I have a wirefree door bell system but the chimes are hopelessly quiet
for my environment. All those I have tested are similar. I would like
to hack into the chime and use it with a relay to operate a traditional
loud wired bell. Has anyone done this successfully and know a suitable
wirefree chime to modify? (Unfortunately it looks like the one I have
produces a pulsed output which won't latch a relay.)

Alterntively maybe there is a product that has a receiver switch
instead of a chime?

Duncan