Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Aldi Update

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

You don't even know what water I buy but you're claiming that you know
from across the other side of the world. You really do have **** for
brains.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

brass monkey wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Steve Firth wrote just the puerile **** that it
always ends up with when its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS
is.

Good grief, this is getting monotonous, Wodney.
https://www.messnerinc.com/catalog/g...hit_Repellent/

OTOH it is good of Wodney to announce to the world that he's lost and
that he has been caught bull****ting, again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Rodney. Why don't you shut the **** up? Do you enjoy making yourself
look like the dumbarse you are each time you post to usenet?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2012 10:20 Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just the puerile **** that it
always ends up with when its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it
ALWAYS is.

Any Australians reading this, do us all a favour, go round to Rodney's
hut, take him out and use him as shark bait. He's embarrassing your
entire nation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
F news@nowhere wrote just the puerile ****
that’s all that ever spews from the back of it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth :
Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Rodney. Why don't you shut the **** up? Do you enjoy making yourself
look like the dumbarse you are each time you post to usenet?

Of course he does. Seriously, the evidence is overwhelming. I have no
idea why you're wasting so much time on him.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Rodney. Why don't you shut the **** up? Do you enjoy making yourself
look like the dumbarse you are each time you post to usenet?

Which bit of Italy did you visit Wodney, was it Alice Springs or Darwin?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Which bit of Italy did you visit Wodney? Was it Cairns or Mackay?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Wodney, you keep running away from the basic question that a three year
old could answer. When you visited Italy, a place you claim to know
well, where did you visit? Was it Port Hedland or was it Hobart?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Aww bless Wodney, you just love to let the world know that you're a
loser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2012 13:28, Steve Firth wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

You don't even know what water I buy but you're claiming that you know
from across the other side of the world. You really do have **** for
brains.

Just leave it, for everyone's sake

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 07:38:56 +0100, MM wrote:

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 17:44:59 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article
,
NT wrote:
It always puzzles me that so many people pay totally OTT for various
branded low quality shampoos and conditioners rather than use
something decent for a fraction the price.

What I find strange is those obviously not flush with cash buying lots of
bottled water.

When I have to live in London I buy lots of bottled water. Bought in bulk
it can be as low as 19p for two litres and paying for (the right sort of)
water is far better than drinking London tap water.

It probably IS tap water at that price.

MM

And here's your confirmation:

From Sky News 18/Aug/12:
"Supermarkets Deny Selling 'Bottled Tap Water'"

"Two supermarkets have denied claims the economy-price own-brand
bottled water they sell is in fact tap water.

"The allegations surrounded Tesco Everyday Value Still Water and Asda
Smartprice Still Water, which reportedly sit on shelves alongside
major mineral water brands such as Evian and Perrier.

"The Daily Mail claimed the products were simply a filtered version of
what is supplied to almost all domestic homes - but that there was no
labelling on the bottles saying so.

"It was likened to the fictional situation in the sitcom Only Fools
And Horses where protagonists Del Boy and Rodney Trotter start selling
'Peckham Spring', which is in fact water from the taps of their London
council flat.

"Both supermarkets denied misleading their customers in any way,
saying the bottles gave customers a clear idea of what they were
buying.

"A spokeswoman for Asda, which gets its bottled water supplied by
Yorkshire Water, said it was wrong to call its product tap water.

"'Our Smart Price water is treated to remove chlorine, further
filtered, then bottled,' she said.

"'If sparkling, carbon dioxide is added for a bit of fizz. The label
on the bottle tells our customers just that.

"'Our two-litre bottle is 17p. For comparison - if a customer bought a
Brita water filter jug at £16 and used it for the recommended 40
gallons, it would cost 21p to produce two litres of filtered water.

"'We're saving our customers time and money - as well as providing a
container."

A spokeswoman for Tesco , whose Everyday Value Still Water also
retails for 17p for two litres, said: 'Our Everyday Value Still Water
goes through a complex filtration process to improve the taste and
remove impurities.

"'Tesco sells a wide range of waters to suit all tastes and budgets.
All of our products are clearly labelled so customers know what they
are buying.'

Clearly labelled? Where is the print that says "tap water", then?

BTW, my tap water, courtesy of Anglian Water, costs around £1.83 per
m². I'm on the SoLow tariff, thus pay no standing charge, and no
sewerage charges since we have our own private treatment plant. Thus
I'm paying roughly two tenths of a penny per litre of tap water,
whereas Stevie Wonder is paying approx 4545% more for a very similar
product.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:05:34 PM UTC+1, Simon Cee wrote:
Things worth getting from aldi;

Garlic bread (frozen not the fresh which is horrible). 35p a stick, a

third of the price of Sainsbury's, and nicer too.

Free range chicken breasts, decent price much better taste.

Small luxury ice cream, pack of four square pots, £2, delicious.

Cashew nuts, nicer than Sainsbury's, half the price.

Curry sauce. Sauce in the jar and spices in the lid. Quick and easy,

and like a really decent takeaway. £1.30. Highly recommended.

A high percentage of the chicken and chicken bits available are sourced from the far east, Vietnam etc. I'm very picky about where what we eat comes from.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"MM" wrote in message

Clearly labelled? Where is the print that says "tap water", then?

Where does it say its mineral water?

Some of the more expensive brands also start out as tap water BTW.
The ones that claim to be "pure" water aren't going to be anything other
than tap water.
If you are going to make "pure" water you may as well start out with stuff
that's already better than spring water as its going to cost less to
process.

BTW, my tap water, courtesy of Anglian Water, costs around £1.83 per
m². I'm on the SoLow tariff, thus pay no standing charge, and no
sewerage charges since we have our own private treatment plant. Thus
I'm paying roughly two tenths of a penny per litre of tap water,
whereas Stevie Wonder is paying approx 4545% more for a very similar
product.

MM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MM wrote
MM wrote
Steve wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
NT wrote

It always puzzles me that so many people pay totally OTT
for various branded low quality shampoos and conditioners
rather than use something decent for a fraction the price.

What I find strange is those obviously not flush with cash buying lots
of
bottled water.

When I have to live in London I buy lots of bottled water. Bought in
bulk
it can be as low as 19p for two litres and paying for (the right sort
of)
water is far better than drinking London tap water.

It probably IS tap water at that price.

And here's your confirmation:

From Sky News 18/Aug/12:
[...]

Poor old Steve, face down in the mud, as always.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 07:11:32 +0100, MM wrote:

BTW, my tap water, courtesy of Anglian Water, costs around £1.83 per
m².

and what thickness do you get through in a week?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2012 08:28, fred wrote:

A high percentage of the chicken and chicken bits available are sourced from the far east, Vietnam etc. I'm very picky about where what we eat comes from.

My Aldi chicken has a label that says 100% British, or are you
suggesting that the chicken is from Vietnam and its only the stick on
label that has been printed in the UK.

All of Aldis meat comes from a little small-holding called Ashfield Farm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2012 22:03, alan wrote:
On 18/08/2012 08:28, fred wrote:

A high percentage of the chicken and chicken bits available are
sourced from the far east, Vietnam etc. I'm very picky about where
what we eat comes from.

My Aldi chicken has a label that says 100% British, or are you
suggesting that the chicken is from Vietnam and its only the stick on
label that has been printed in the UK.

All of Aldis meat comes from a little small-holding called Ashfield Farm

The cheap red wine is very drinkable, and the tomatoes are the best I've
tasted for ages
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
MM wrote
MM wrote
Steve wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
NT wrote

It always puzzles me that so many people pay totally OTT
for various branded low quality shampoos and conditioners
rather than use something decent for a fraction the price.

What I find strange is those obviously not flush with cash buying lots of
bottled water.

When I have to live in London I buy lots of bottled water. Bought in bulk
it can be as low as 19p for two litres and paying for (the right sort of)
water is far better than drinking London tap water.

It probably IS tap water at that price.

And here's your confirmation:

From Sky News 18/Aug/12:
"Supermarkets Deny Selling 'Bottled Tap Water'"

"Two supermarkets have denied claims the economy-price own-brand
bottled water they sell is in fact tap water.

[snip guff]

Poor old Steve, face down in the mud, as always.

I'm sure that you are now going to point to the part if my post that says
that I buy own-brand water from any supermarket. Actually I'm sure that
you'll just bull**** and bluster as ever but I thought I'd give you a
chance to realise that you've made an arse of yourself again.

"Here's some guff about a product you don't buy." not your finest (sic)
hour is it chum(p)?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Italian electricity (was: OT Aldi Update)

On 2012-08-09, Steve Firth wrote:

Rod doesn't seem to have a clue about how much wood is needed to fire an
oven, or how much time it takes. He also doesn't seem to know that most
homes in Italy have a 3kW supply. They can't run a pizza oven of the sort
sold at garden centres and ironmongers because to run the 3kw element they
would have to turn everything else off.

Do you mean most old or rural homes, or even new ones?

And does this have anything to do with the existence of 10Â*A sockets
and plugs (and special circuits, I assume) in Italy, in addition to
the usual European 13Â*A ones?

(Sorry for the late FU, but I just happened to be rummaging through my
travel adaptors/cables recently & the 2nd question popped up.)

ALDI FYI The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 November 7th 11 05:41 PM
ALDI The Medway Handyman UK diy 56 September 13th 11 08:24 AM
Aldi George UK diy 25 October 14th 07 07:50 PM
Captain's Bed Update, Web page update Mark & Juanita Woodworking 3 July 3rd 06 04:57 PM
Off to Aldi... Jerry Built UK diy 2 June 29th 04 07:58 AM