Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentice has reported me to his Mum

I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this morning.

One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting "spread the
****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump it in a ****ing pile"
is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they were asked
to grit the car park and they decided not to as they thought I would not
notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at 7am this
morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice rink.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 9, 7:16 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this morning.

One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting "spread the
****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump it in a ****ing pile"
is not acceptable behaviour.

expect he has a new nickname now?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this morning.

One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting "spread the
****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump it in a ****ing
pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they were asked
to grit the car park and they decided not to as they thought I would not
notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at 7am this
morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice rink.

BAH!
Kids today..... When I were a lad you got a ******* file around the ear for
leaving burrs on steel.... and ringing in the ears from the berating off the
instructors.

Remind the ungrateful little bastid that he's lucky to *have* an
apprenticeship given the economic crisis and that there are 5000 other
people looking to fill the position when you sack him for being a lazy,
ungrateful, self centered waste of spunk dribbling space.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:45:40 -0000, Nthkentman wrote:

[...]

I personally wouldnt hold back at all :-)
--
(º€¢.¸(¨*€¢.¸ ¸.€¢*¨)¸.€¢Âº)
.€¢Â°€¢. Nik .€¢Â°€¢.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this morning.

One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting "spread the
****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump it in a ****ing pile"
is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they were asked
to grit the car park and they decided not to as they thought I would not
notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at 7am this
morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice rink.

Therapy is better but screaming abuse is cheaper and quicker.
--
hugh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nthkentman
writes

[...]

Then he'll take you to an industrial tribunal and be awarded thousands
in compensation for upsetting him.
--
hugh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

hugh wrote:
In message , Nthkentman
writes

[...]

The going rate is about £300 for an apprentice (if they are lucky).

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 9, 8:38 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
hugh wrote:
In message , Nthkentman
writes

[...]

plenty left in him yet then ;))

make him do it again PROPERLY tomorrow too...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:38 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
hugh wrote:
In message , Nthkentman
writes

[...]

It's £500 if you actually bother to turn up and win the case.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

hugh wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this
morning. One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting
"spread the ****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump
it in a ****ing pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they
were asked to grit the car park and they decided not to as they
thought I would not notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at
7am this morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice
rink.

Therapy is better but screaming abuse is cheaper and quicker.

I also told his Mother what to do when she phoned me.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 9, 8:57 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
hugh wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this
morning. One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting
"spread the ****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump
it in a ****ing pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they
were asked to grit the car park and they decided not to as they
thought I would not notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at
7am this morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice
rink.

Therapy is better but screaming abuse is cheaper and quicker.

I also told his Mother what to do when she phoned me.

--
Adam

somehow I don't doubt it ;))

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 9, 8:45 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Jim K wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:38 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
hugh wrote:
In message , Nthkentman
writes

[...]

eh? costs you or??

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/12 20:57, ARWadsworth wrote:
hugh wrote:
In , ARWadsworth
writes
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this
morning. One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting
"spread the ****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump
it in a ****ing pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they
were asked to grit the car park and they decided not to as they
thought I would not notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at
7am this morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice
rink.

Therapy is better but screaming abuse is cheaper and quicker.

I also told his Mother what to do when she phoned me.

You mean to say she didn't tell him to stop being a workshy useless twunt?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:45 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Jim K wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:38 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
hugh wrote:
In message ,
Nthkentman writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
[...]

They pay for sweet FA. Even if they lose.

It's easier to just give them £300 to **** off and let me and the others
spend our time at work.

The really thick ****s just sign a resignation letter that we have printed
off for them. They cost nothing to fire.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this morning.

One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting "spread the
****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump it in a ****ing
pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

--
Adam

Okay, I'm going to go against the stream here.

No it ****ing isn't you ****.

If you have a problem, you speak to people in a civil but direct manner. If
you'd spoken to me like that, you'd have found my fist in your face.

If people don't perform, put them through the disciplinary procedure. These
people have not signed up to be in the army and whilst as a teenager, it
wouldn't have bothered me one bit (water off a duck's back), if you said it
to me now, we'd be toe to toe. Times have changed.

Learn some manners and man management skills, you shouldn't be in the job if
you can't cope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Jim K wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:45 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Jim K wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:38 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
hugh wrote:
In message ,
Nthkentman writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Less than 12 months and you can fire them anyway

Looks like I will have to pay Luke £500, who I fired over xmas, as he
has no written contract. A well spent bit of dosh ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 22:02:40 +0000, Road_Hog wrote:
If people don't perform, put them through the disciplinary procedure.

Surely shouting at them until they get it right counts as a disciplinary
procedure - it just requires less paperwork!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Road_Hog

Hope you're built like a brick **** house then

If people don't perform, put them through the disciplinary procedure. These
people have not signed up to be in the army and whilst as a teenager, it
wouldn't have bothered me one bit (water off a duck's back), if you said it
to me now, we'd be toe to toe. Times have changed.

A bit short of a clue when it comes to yoof of today, aren't you

yes, times have changed - respect for authority, getting down to hard
work etc

Learn some manners and man management skills, you shouldn't be in the job if
you can't cope.

And who's going to fire him?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Road_Hog wrote:
[...]

Like I said in my first post.

I asked them to grit the car park last night. They did not.

I told them to grit the car park this morning.

Can you read?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
They pay for sweet FA. Even if they lose.

It's easier to just give them £300 to **** off and let me and the
others spend our time at work.

The really thick ****s just sign a resignation letter that we have
printed off for them. They cost nothing to fire.

Less than 12 months and you can fire them anyway

Looks like I will have to pay Luke £500, who I fired over xmas, as he
has no written contract. A well spent bit of dosh ...

£500 well spent.

Did he ever earn you a penny?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 22:02, Road_Hog wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I quite agree with you. The reason they didn't grit the car park the
previous evening was almost certainly a lack of motivation, which won't
come from bullying, combined with inadequate supervision.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

The reason they did not grit the car park is because they ****ed off early
from work without gritting the car park.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Which they would not have wanted to do if they had felt motivated and
not been able to do had they been properly supervised.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
wrote in message
[...]

personal responsibility

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

They have a Mother to wipe their arse.

They ****ed off home on pay time.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , geoff
writes

Less than 12 months and you can fire them anyway

Looks like I will have to pay Luke £500, who I fired over xmas, as he
has no written contract. A well spent bit of dosh ...

That was careless of him, losing his copy . . . .

As you say though, getting rid for 2 weeks wages is a bargain.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes
hugh wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this
morning. One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting
"spread the ****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump
it in a ****ing pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

I would not normally have been that abusive but last night they
were asked to grit the car park and they decided not to as they
thought I would not notice:-)

I did happen to notice that the car park had not been gritted at
7am this morning when it was minus 3 and the car park was an ice
rink.

Therapy is better but screaming abuse is cheaper and quicker.

I also told his Mother what to do when she phoned me.

Did you perform a risk assessment before talking to her?

In these icy conditions she could have had a nasty fall taking a run and
f'ck to herself.

Btw, roasty toasty here, no ice, no snow, I quite miss it.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
wrote in message
[...]

Easier said than done when they don't give a toss, have no self
discipline, and don't see why they aren't paid as much as a professional
footballer

We're not talking big companies here with human resources and training
schemes, it's a one man band whose work ethic is getting on with the job

If you paid someone to mow your lawn for example, you wouldn't be best
pleased if they did half then buggered off down the pub, would you?

What would you do, give then a stern motivational talking to and blame
yourself for them not completing the work because you had other things
to do other than watch them throughout the job?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , geoff
writes

Less than 12 months and you can fire them anyway

Looks like I will have to pay Luke £500, who I fired over xmas, as he
has no written contract. A well spent bit of dosh ...

That was careless of him, losing his copy . . . .

As you say though, getting rid for 2 weeks wages is a bargain.

I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason some have
apprentices is because you don't have to pay minimum wage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 22:40, geoff wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
wrote in message
[...]

Aka motivation.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 12:40:51 -0800 (PST), Jim K
wrote:

make him do it again PROPERLY tomorrow too...

The lazy ******* might actually thank you for it some day.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 22:02:40 -0000, "Road_Hog"
wrote:

If you have a problem, you speak to people in a civil but direct manner. If
you'd spoken to me like that, you'd have found my fist in your face.

As an adult, sure. As an apprentice, I just had to take **** like that
- otoh, I wasn't a lazy useless ****, so didn't get much of it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 22:58, geoff wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
wrote in message
[...]

That is a fairly good description of a badly motivated employee.

We're not talking big companies here with human resources and training
schemes, it's a one man band whose work ethic is getting on with the job

Large companies need those things to compensate for the fact that it is
almost impossible to get people to feel personally involved in the
business once it gets above about 200 employees.

With a small business, such as I have always run, it is much easier to
get people to feel that they are part of a team, all working towards a
common goal of success for the business, rather than that they are
simply employees of some faceless company. The result is low
absenteeism, low staff turnover and high productivity. Other management
approaches may fail to achieve one or more of those aims.

If you paid someone to mow your lawn for example, you wouldn't be best
pleased if they did half then buggered off down the pub, would you?

What would you do, give then a stern motivational talking to and blame
yourself for them not completing the work because you had other things
to do other than watch them throughout the job?

It would be my fault for not identifying the fact that it might happen
with that particular person. OTOH, if they wanted to go down the pub
and, to do so, completed the job properly in half the time, I would have
no problem in paying them for the full time they should have worked.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Road_Hog wrote:
Okay, I'm going to go against the stream here.

No it ****ing isn't you ****.

If you have a problem, you speak to people in a civil but direct manner.

Like you've just done?

If you'd spoken to me like that, you'd have found my fist in your face.

So you expect to be spoken to civilly when you've shirked your job? And
would then resort to violence if not?

If people don't perform, put them through the disciplinary procedure.

Good grief. That would go on their record.

These people have not signed up to be in the army and whilst as a
teenager, it wouldn't have bothered me one bit (water off a duck's
back), if you said it to me now, we'd be toe to toe. Times have changed.

You're still an apprentice?

Learn some manners and man management skills, you shouldn't be in the
job if you can't cope.

Have you any idea of the relationship that should exist between a
journeyman and apprentice?

--
*The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason some have
apprentices is because you don't have to pay minimum wage.

We can now add apprenticeships to the very long list of things you know
nothing about.

--
*Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In raweb.com,
wrote:
I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason some have
apprentices is because you don't have to pay minimum wage.

We can now add apprenticeships to the very long list of things you know
nothing about.

Well its nearly true... You do have to pay a minimum wage for an
apprentice, however its significantly lower than the normal adult one:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ge/DG_10027201

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
wrote in message
[...]

You misunderstand wasters who have no interest in being motivated, whose
only interest is in money for beer and shagging tarts

You are shifting responsibility from the perpetrator (AKA lazy good for
nothing ****) to the victim (AKA good natured employer)

This mentality of portraying the murderer as a victim means that there
are people who will do their best to get away with things - just because
they can.

People who try to get themselves sacked so they can go to a tribunal

People who think the world owes them a living

Sorry, not for me, thanks

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
wrote in message
[...]

SELF motivation, yes

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
In raweb.com,
wrote:
I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason some have
apprentices is because you don't have to pay minimum wage.

We can now add apprenticeships to the very long list of things you know
nothing about.

Well its nearly true... You do have to pay a minimum wage for an
apprentice, however its significantly lower than the normal adult one:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...alMinimumWage/
DG_10027201

Lets not forget that you're taking time out to teach them the skills
that they are hoping to acquire to be a master bum crack

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
In raweb.com,
wrote:
I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason some have
apprentices is because you don't have to pay minimum wage.

We can now add apprenticeships to the very long list of things you know
nothing about.

Well its nearly true... You do have to pay a minimum wage for an
apprentice, however its significantly lower than the normal adult one:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ge/DG_10027201

But they get paid while on day release, etc? And are being taught a craft.
If they were at college doing that they'd have to pay for the privilege.

--
*Windows will never cease *