Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Apprentice has reported me to his Mum

On 09/02/2012 22:34, ARWadsworth wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
On 09/02/2012 22:02, Road_Hog wrote:
wrote in message
I told the three apprentices to grit the car park at work this
morning. One of them has "told on me to his Mum". Apparently shouting
"spread the ****ing grit around you stupid ****s, don't just dump
it in a ****ing pile" is not acceptable behaviour.

--
Adam

Okay, I'm going to go against the stream here.

No it ****ing isn't you ****.

If you have a problem, you speak to people in a civil but direct
manner. If you'd spoken to me like that, you'd have found my fist
in your face. If people don't perform, put them through the disciplinary
procedure. These people have not signed up to be in the army and
whilst as a teenager, it wouldn't have bothered me one bit (water
off a duck's back), if you said it to me now, we'd be toe to toe.
Times have changed. Learn some manners and man management skills, you
shouldn't be in
the job if you can't cope.

I quite agree with you. The reason they didn't grit the car park the
previous evening was almost certainly a lack of motivation, which
won't come from bullying, combined with inadequate supervision.

The reason they did not grit the car park is because they ****ed off early
from work without gritting the car park.

Which they would not have wanted to do if they had felt motivated and
not been able to do had they been properly supervised.

Colin Bignell