Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentice has reported me to his Mum

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
In raweb.com,
wrote:
I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason some have
apprentices is because you don't have to pay minimum wage.

We can now add apprenticeships to the very long list of things you know
nothing about.

Well its nearly true... You do have to pay a minimum wage for an
apprentice, however its significantly lower than the normal adult one:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ge/DG_10027201

But they get paid while on day release, etc? And are being taught a craft.
If they were at college doing that they'd have to pay for the privilege.

That sounds like you are wriggling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2012 14:37, Owain wrote:
On Feb 12, 12:58 am, Bill Wright wrote:
That's what's needed. Someone young to blow away the the cobwebs.

And if they could bring us a nice cup of tea on a tray when they've
finished doing the cobwebs...

Owain

I lost count of the amount of tea and coffee I made when on work
experience with a plumbing company. In fact I have quite a lot my self
now! Becomes expensive when you have to pay 60p a cup at college though.

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
In raweb.com,
wrote:
I doubt they were paid that much per week, the only reason
some have apprentices is because you don't have to pay
minimum wage.

We can now add apprenticeships to the very long list of things
you know nothing about.

Well its nearly true... You do have to pay a minimum wage for an
apprentice, however its significantly lower than the normal adult
one:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ge/DG_10027201

But they get paid while on day release, etc? And are being taught a
craft. If they were at college doing that they'd have to pay for
the privilege.

That sounds like you are wriggling.

You have a very long list of things that you know nothing about. However I
would have expected wriggling to be the one subject that was not on that
list due to your vast experience in such matters.

However you are wrong again. If "being wrong" was an Olympic Sport then you
would win a gold medal in London this year and you would become a national
hero for taking both the Gold Medal and smashing the World Record.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
Well its nearly true... You do have to pay a minimum wage for an
apprentice, however its significantly lower than the normal adult one:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ge/DG_10027201

But they get paid while on day release, etc? And are being taught a
craft. If they were at college doing that they'd have to pay for the
privilege.

That sounds like you are wriggling.

No, Dennis I'll leave that to you.

If you actually knew anything about apprenticeships you'd know that at one
time the apprentice paid the journeyman.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Feb 12, 11:08 am, Nightjar wrote:
better to employ those who have a more positive attitude in the
first place

Not, IME, if you want them to stay with you after they have finished
their training. The bright, enthusiastic ones are usually also
impatient for advancement and think they can get that more easily
by moving around.

Something to bear in mind when choosing a wife.

:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 10/02/2012 22:16, geoff wrote:
better to employ those who have a more positive attitude in the
first place

Not, IME, if you want them to stay with you after they have finished
their training. The bright, enthusiastic ones are usually also
impatient for advancement and think they can get that more easily by
moving around.

So you employ and keep on the thickos?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2012 00:10, Steve Firth wrote:
Ah, it's Mr "Expert on Medical Devices", have you worked out that the PIP
board were covering up during inspection of their premises yet? After you
loudly declared that no such inspection was necessary the CEO admitted to
hiding the filler and the records during each inspection that you claimed
never happened....

I gave up on that thread when it became obvious that you were not
reading anything I wrote and were, instead, replying to a dialogue that
only you could hear. Despite what you have convinced yourself of, at no
time did I claim that a Class III medical device could have a CE mark
attached without an inspection.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Feb 12, 7:50 pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
Not, IME, if you want them to stay with you after they have
finished their training. The bright, enthusiastic ones are
usually also impatient for advancement and think they can get
that more easily by moving around.

So you employ and keep on the thickos?

There's a lot to be said for 'thick but willing'

That's what a woman looking for a husband wants.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:50:01 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

So you employ and keep on the thickos?

"Dumb but reliable".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:

On 12/02/2012 00:10, Steve Firth wrote:
Ah, it's Mr "Expert on Medical Devices", have you worked out that the PIP
board were covering up during inspection of their premises yet? After you
loudly declared that no such inspection was necessary the CEO admitted to
hiding the filler and the records during each inspection that you claimed
never happened....

I gave up on that thread when it became obvious that you were not
reading anything I wrote and were, instead, replying to a dialogue that
only you could hear. Despite what you have convinced yourself of, at no
time did I claim that a Class III medical device could have a CE mark
attached without an inspection.

snort

Yeh, lie to yourself before you lie to others, that's a great way to
cover up your fauxs pas. Not.

You were caught out on your woeful ignorance of the MDD, and your
frequent claims that controls applied to Class 1 devices were the same
as applied to Class 3. You banged on, over and over again that there is
no inspection regime and no right of any medical devices supervisory
body to inspect the records of medical devices companies, other than to
show compliance of their quality systems with the MDD.

It shows impressive chutzpah, as well as spectacular ignorance to argue
that was not the case, as you have, when your posts are archived on
Google.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes
In article
,
jgharston wrote:

Terry Casey wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Home_of_Your_Own
Short clip he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmedV1tqX4

Young chap wandering around with a mobile phone^W^Wwalkie-talkie
glued to his ear. Nothing changes.

No, its a tranny.

Ah - an equal opportunities employer ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nightjar
writes
On 10/02/2012 22:16, geoff wrote:
better to employ those who have a more positive attitude in the first place

Not, IME, if you want them to stay with you after they have finished
their training. The bright, enthusiastic ones are usually also
impatient for advancement and think they can get that more easily by
moving around.

Then you have to motivate them to stay ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2012 00:12, geoff wrote:
In message , Nightjar
writes
On 10/02/2012 22:16, geoff wrote:
better to employ those who have a more positive attitude in the first
place

Not, IME, if you want them to stay with you after they have finished
their training. The bright, enthusiastic ones are usually also
impatient for advancement and think they can get that more easily by
moving around.

Then you have to motivate them to stay ...

Difficult, if you don't have the facilities they seek, like the one who
wanted to learn to programme computer controlled machines in the days
before I owned any. Unfortunately, by the time she discovered that what
we did was a lot more interesting and wanted to come back, I no longer
had any vacancies. Given a few years' experience, she would have been
prime supervisory material.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2012 19:50, ARWadsworth wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
On 10/02/2012 22:16, geoff wrote:
better to employ those who have a more positive attitude in the
first place

Not, IME, if you want them to stay with you after they have finished
their training. The bright, enthusiastic ones are usually also
impatient for advancement and think they can get that more easily by
moving around.

So you employ and keep on the thickos?

I was looking for mechanical aptitude and schools usually lead their
brighter students to expect to go onto further education, not to get
their hands dirty. Sometimes one would slip through the net, but most
who came to me looking for work were not the most academically blessed.
It would probably be a lot easier to get bright applicants in these days
of high unemployment and high university fees.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2012 23:48, Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:

On 12/02/2012 00:10, Steve Firth wrote:
Ah, it's Mr "Expert on Medical Devices", have you worked out that the PIP
board were covering up during inspection of their premises yet? After you
loudly declared that no such inspection was necessary the CEO admitted to
hiding the filler and the records during each inspection that you claimed
never happened....

I gave up on that thread when it became obvious that you were not
reading anything I wrote and were, instead, replying to a dialogue that
only you could hear. Despite what you have convinced yourself of, at no
time did I claim that a Class III medical device could have a CE mark
attached without an inspection.

snort

Yeh, lie to yourself before you lie to others, that's a great way to
cover up your fauxs pas. Not.

I have no need to lie. The claim exists only in your mind. I stated that
the only thing you need to place a medical device on the market in the
EU is a CE Mark on the product or its packaging. That is correct, but
you wrongly decided that meant it could be self-certified, which is
something I did not say and that I tried to get you to understand it did
not mean. There is little point in continuing this once more, as it is
obvious that you are incapable of accepting you made an error.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Had that been what you meant, one wonders why you stated dogmatically that
there is no requirement for the appointed body to inspect the manufacturer
(there is) and why you became terribly confused about inspection of the QA
system and inspection of the manufacturing records (the records falsified
by PIP that you claimed would not be inspected and that you claimed were
not required.

Whatever, you are clearly rewriting history in your head. Whereas in truth
you revealed that you know a little about class 1 devices and nothing about
class 2/2b/3 devices.