Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wood burning stove - anyone any experience of Country Kiln?

http://www.woodburningstoveslimited....ils&itemid=219

The Country Kiln cast iron stove at £299 + £35 delivery seems amazingly
cheap for an 8kW stove.

A 2 door 8kW Stovax Stockton (which we know to be a good brand) is around
£800 including delivery which is a lot more.

However saving over £450 is not worthwhile if the product is crap.

So does anyone have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
http://www.woodburningstoveslimited....ils&itemid=219

The Country Kiln cast iron stove at £299 + £35 delivery seems amazingly
cheap for an 8kW stove.

A 2 door 8kW Stovax Stockton (which we know to be a good brand) is
around £800 including delivery which is a lot more.

However saving over £450 is not worthwhile if the product is crap.

So does anyone have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

Cheers

Dave R

The expensive part of a woodburner is installing a suitable flue.

Thats this year.

Next year it will be finding the wood.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:39:57 +0000
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:
http://www.woodburningstoveslimited....ils&itemid=219

The Country Kiln cast iron stove at £299 + £35 delivery seems
amazingly cheap for an 8kW stove.

A 2 door 8kW Stovax Stockton (which we know to be a good brand) is
around £800 including delivery which is a lot more.

However saving over £450 is not worthwhile if the product is crap.

So does anyone have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

Cheers

Dave R

The expensive part of a woodburner is installing a suitable flue.

Thats this year.

Next year it will be finding the wood.

Yep. Quotes for installing the required flue and parts for our thatched
house varied from £1100 to £4000, and that was without the stove. The
flue is still legal for an open fire, however.
Ouch!
Instead, we now have a Chimney Balloon up there, which provides no
heat, but stops the cold air coming down. It also quietens the noise of
the doves sitting on top.
--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

...errrr....O.K. - assume that I have some idea of the cost of installing a
flue, and also that the cost will be roughly the same which ever stove I
buy.

Do you have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
http://www.woodburningstoveslimited....n=cms.details&...

[...]

Hi, a friend of mine has had one for a couple of years now, fantastic
and no problems.

I am ordering one from them soon(ish).

For £4000 you can have a chimney built!!

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

Thanks - good to know someone has had a good experience with them.
They do seem amazingly cheap and there also seems to be a sale on.
Will talk to them tomorrow.

We will be having a stainless steel flue up through the roof - concealed
where it passes through the upstairs bathroom - and hopefully costing nearer
to £1,000.
Takes up less space than a chimney and is more flexible with the routing
between floors.
This work we are planning will remove the remains of our chimney along with
lots more internal walls and stuff.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:

[...]

There is not a lot TO a wood burning stove really.

I've never found one that was UNfit for purpose.

If you like the style, go for it.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David WE Roberts[_4_] View Post
WOOD BURNING STOVES COUNTRY KILN 6 SOLID FUEL & WOODBURNER

The Country Kiln cast iron stove at £299 + £35 delivery seems amazingly
cheap for an 8kW stove.

A 2 door 8kW Stovax Stockton (which we know to be a good brand) is around
£800 including delivery which is a lot more.

However saving over £450 is not worthwhile if the product is crap.

So does anyone have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

THE STOVES ARE CHEAP & NASTY CHINESE IMPORTS WHICH ARE LOW QUALITY!

THE COMPANY THEMSELVES TALK A GOOD GAME ONLINE BUT THEY ARE BASED IN A WOODEN SHED AT THE BACK OF THEIR HOUSE WHICH IS UP A DIRT TRACK FULL OF POTHOLES & THE SO CALLED 'SHOWROOM' IS A BASIC DOUBLE GARAGE WITH A FEW STOVES SPREAD AROUND THE PLACE.

FURTHERMORE, IF YOU ARE LOCAL THEY SEND THE FITTER, ARTHUR FROM LANARK WHO THEY DONT TELL YOU IS MERELY A SUB CONTRACTOR & IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS THEY ARENT THE LEAST BIT INTERESTED AS BY THAT TIME THEY HAVE YOUR CASH & DONT CARE!

I BOUGHT A STOVE WHICH THEY SENT FITTER TO INSTALL & IT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE EVER!

THEY CUT HOLE IN ROOF & MERELY SAT FLUE PLATE ON TOP OF ROOF INSTEAD OF UNDER TILES, NOW THE WIND HOWLS IN & THE RAIN POURS IN. HEARTH THEY LAID IS ALSO ALL OVER THE PLACE & NOT 2 BITS OF IT ARE LEVEL. I ALSO HAD TO WORK WHIST IT WAS GETTING INSTALLED & THE FITTERS HAD A FIELD DAY RAKING THROUGH THE ENTIRE HOUSE & STOLE WELL OVER £500 WORTH OF VEHICLE LIGHTS & TOOLS!

WENT BACK TO COUNTRY KILN & THE OWNERS COULDNT GIVE A STUFF STATING, 'WHIT YE WANT US TAE DAE ABOOT IT, AH CANNY SACK HIM'.

THE CLASSY (NOT!!) FEMALE OF THE BUSINESS SAT THERE IN UGG BOOTS, JOGGING BOTTOMS, VEST TOP, FAG HANGING OUT THE MOUTH BEING THE ROUGHEST, MOST ARROGANT GIT I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE TO DEAL WITH!

APPARENTLY THE FITTER HAS WORKED WITH THEM FOR OVER 4 YEARS YET THEY STATE THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HIS BUSINESS IS CALLED, ADDRESS FOR HIM NOR ANY OTHER CONTACT INFO THAN A MOBILE NUMBER!

INLAND REVENUE & BUILDING CONTROL HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE & ARE INVESTIGATING. ENQUIRIES ARE ONGOING TO ESTABLISH A BUSINESS NAME & ADDRESS FOR THE FITTER IN ORDER THAT CRIMINAL PROCEEDING MAY BE PURSUED.

AS FOR THE FIRE ITSELF, CHEAP & NASTY! CONTROLS FOR AIR FLOW ARE POOR FIT, PINS IN DOOR HINGES ON FRONT KEEP WORKING LOOSE WHEN YOU OPEN / CLOSE DOOR & HAVE TO BE CONTINUALLY HAMMERED BACK IN TO PLACE & THERE IS ZERO HEAT FROM IT UNLESS YOU KEEP DOORS OPEN & PRACTICALLY SIT IN THE FIRE. GRANTED THIS ISNT HELPED BY THE WIND BLOWING A GALE WHERE THE FLUE GOES OUT ROOF BUT EVEN AT THAT THERE IS NO RADIANT HEAT!

THEY BOAST ON WEBSITE THEY HAVE ROYAL APPROVAL & THE ROYALS HAVE BOUGHT NUMEROUS STOVES, YEAH RIGHT! MORE LIKE THE ROYLE FAMILY & EVEN THEY WOULDNT BUT SUCH TAT!

AVOID!!!!.... COUNTRY KILN.... AVOID!!!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

seems odd they claim to manufacture? and so many different models ?
ask to see the foundry? which from google maps doesn;t exist at the
address given...

also they say you don;t need to line a non leaking flue, but fail to
discuss the merits of lining, whilst selling lining kits......

road trip?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message

The Natural wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

I think we may have the sellers of this stove and maybe a competitor
posting. In other words this thread may be an advertising campaign.
Anybody thinking of buying one would be well advised to visit the
company first as well as making a call to the local Trading Standards to
see what they know.

--
Howard Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

The Natural wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

Precisely why I had a look myself to see what all the fratching was
about.

Anybody thinking of buying one would be well advised to visit the
company first as well as making a call to the local Trading Standards to
see what they know.

ISTR TS will not tell you anything for fear of being prosecuted by
allegedly shady operators?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

The Natural wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

But they would be able to tell you if they have no complaints made about
the company. Declining information would indicate that complaints have
been made. I suppose, though, that it all depends on who you speak to
and whether to their face or over the phone.

I have always found them most helpful but that may be because of my
former occupation.

Just remember what the CE mark really stands for: Caveat emptor. ;-)

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 9, 10:02 am, Howard Neil wrote:
On 09/02/2012 09:54, Jim K wrote:

wrote in message

The Natural wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:
[...]

or just one?

I have always found them most helpful but that may be because of my
former occupation.

spooky....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:48:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Do you have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

There is not a lot TO a wood burning stove really.

I've never found one that was UNfit for purpose.

If you like the style, go for it.

I'd assume there's no rules about what can be used ...
Unless the people who make them from old gas bottle things and sell
them on ebay comply with regs (I should probably go and read a listing
to see what it says...)

Am too easily distracted by how to make one though
http://www.ludlowsurvivors.com/stove.html

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:02:47 +0000, Howard Neil wrote:

Just remember what the CE mark really stands for: Caveat emptor. ;-)

He he sits quite nicely with the other definition over in the dodgey
plug thread: "China Export"

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-02-09, Only me 2 wrote:

'David WE Roberts[_4_ Wrote:
;2800771']'WOOD BURNING STOVES COUNTRY KILN 6 SOLID FUEL & WOODBURNER'

So does anyone have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

THE STOVES ARE CHEAP & NASTY CHINESE IMPORTS WHICH ARE LOW QUALITY!

Did they break your shift key, too?

Posting in all capitals via DIY Banter doesn't add any credibility to this
rather strange tale.

However this is unlikely to be a competitor for my rather shabby favours
because the other firms I deal with are both long established and reputable
(as far as I can tell).
So probably this is just some sad person local to the supplier with a
grudge.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message

snip

I think we may have the sellers of this stove and maybe a competitor
posting. In other words this thread may be an advertising campaign.
Anybody thinking of buying one would be well advised to visit the company
first as well as making a call to the local Trading Standards to see what
they know.

I asume you mean 'Leaky' when referring to the possible seller.
Could you tell me how you reached that conclusion?

Thanks

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 11:04, David WE Roberts wrote:

However this is unlikely to be a competitor for my rather shabby favours
because the other firms I deal with are both long established and
reputable (as far as I can tell).

So, it seems, after all, you are the seller pretending to be a potential
customer.

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message

snip

I think we may have the sellers of this stove and maybe a competitor
posting. In other words this thread may be an advertising campaign.
Anybody thinking of buying one would be well advised to visit the
company first as well as making a call to the local Trading Standards
to see what they know.

I asume you mean 'Leaky' when referring to the possible seller.
Could you tell me how you reached that conclusion?

Thanks

Dave R

The language used and the way the postings have run. I have seen it
before, frequently. Start a thread pretending to ask for advice and
later have a posting made pretending to be from a very satisfied customer.

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
On 09/02/2012 11:04, David WE Roberts wrote:

However this is unlikely to be a competitor for my rather shabby favours
because the other firms I deal with are both long established and
reputable (as far as I can tell).

So, it seems, after all, you are the seller pretending to be a potential
customer.

Ah - now I understand the misunderstanding.
I think.

If you check back, I have been posting to this NG for many years (decades?)
and have shown no inclination to advertise or sell cast iron stoves from
somewhere in Scotland.

From my discussion and pictures of the construction of the Mother of All
Sheds it is also probably evident that I am not located in Scotland.

And yes I am (as recent posts) having the back of my house remodelled.

So quite how you conclude that I am a stove retailer in disguise is beyond
me.
More research required, perhaps?

The other firms I deal with for solid fuel stoves a
(1) A stove place up the A12 past Yoxford whose name I keep forgetting but
we bought a Tortoise style iron box on its side log burner ages ago for our
previous house.
(2) Fires Online, from whom we bought a Stovax Stockton 4 some years ago for
our property in Thatcham. This was (and still is) a very good stove but is
too small for the new room. I have discussed installing it in the MOALS in
the past in this NG.

We were going to order a larger Stovax Stockton but I came across another
online firm which was advertising amazingly cheap stoves.
Possibly too cheap, as nearly everything seemed to be either £250 or £299
regardless of size or shape.

Which was why I posted a question here as AFAIK there are quite a few
members of this NG with solid fuel appliances.

The cost of stoves has gone up a lot since I last bought one.
In December 2006 our Stockton 4 multifuel cost £410 including VAT and
delivery.
Prices are now around the £600 mark.
I presume this is due to the escalating price of iron and steel.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message

snip

I think we may have the sellers of this stove and maybe a competitor
posting. In other words this thread may be an advertising campaign.
Anybody thinking of buying one would be well advised to visit the
company first as well as making a call to the local Trading Standards
to see what they know.

I asume you mean 'Leaky' when referring to the possible seller.
Could you tell me how you reached that conclusion?

Thanks

Dave R

The language used and the way the postings have run. I have seen it
before, frequently. Start a thread pretending to ask for advice and later
have a posting made pretending to be from a very satisfied customer.

To be fair, that happens quite a lot with legitimate queries and replies so
I don't think you can pin too much on it.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

It is enough to be suspicious and to tread carefully.

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Howard Neil wrote:
On 09/02/2012 11:29, Tim Downie wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news
On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup regular.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup
regular.

Tim

Good point. My apologies to David. However, Leaky does not seem to have
a track record in this newsgroup.

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE *wrote:
*wrote in message

snip

I think we may have the sellers of this stove and maybe a competitor
posting. In other words this thread may be an advertising campaign.
Anybody thinking of buying one would be well advised to visit the company
first as well as making a call to the local Trading Standards to see what
they know.

I asume you mean 'Leaky' when referring to the possible seller.
Could you tell me how you reached that conclusion?

Thanks

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Just to put things straight, I am not the seller, I am from
Halifax,its the house without the chimney...which is a whole new
topic!!

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message

snip

[...]

Yeah..

Frankly the cost of the stove itself is the least part of the total cost
of stove installation.

I am fully prepared to accept that those stoves are cast in Indian or
chinese foundries and are not that great BUT so what?

As long as they don't crack in use, they are, after all, just pots to
burn wood in. The much more important thing is to have a well installed
and firesafe flue, proper ventilation, and fireproof material
surrounding the hearth - and a proper hearth to meet all the very sane
regulations surrounding solid fuel heating.

The if the cheap stove cracks - well get yer money back and install
another one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Do you have any experience of Country Kiln stoves?

There is not a lot TO a wood burning stove really.

I've never found one that was UNfit for purpose.

If you like the style, go for it.

I'd assume there's no rules about what can be used ...
Unless the people who make them from old gas bottle things and sell
them on ebay comply with regs (I should probably go and read a listing
to see what it says...)

Am too easily distracted by how to make one thoughhttp://www.ludlowsurvivors.com/stove.html

Are there any regulations? There are some pretty fancy looking amended
gas bottles on Youtube and E-bay.
Country Kiln aren't listed in the Hetas guide, but then only 3
manufacturers of stoves are; I'm not sure what that tells you.
Most of the wood-stoves I've seen are mock-Victorian cast iron jobs,
which I find deeply strange. The Victorians used grey cast iron
because it was cheapest for them and they had thousands of foundries
doing sand casting and belching black smoke. It is not much used now
because it is as brittle glass and there is better stuff available for
those who know what they're buying; ductile cast iron (requires a half-
modern foundry) and welded steel. Most of these things seem to be sand-
cast iron from some Chinese or Indian foundry.

This is DIY; gas bottle, angle-grinder, arc welder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Agreed. My Villager stove seems part cast and part steel welded.

For sure I have had cast iron firebacks crack on me.

But again, its always been conventional to line stoves with firebricks -
at least the ones I have seen do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

This is another thing that makes the all caps rant from diybanter less than
credible.
Whatever the stove, I find it very hard to believe that you get no heat from
it unless you have the door open.
Does not compute.

The main things about a stove are long term structural integrity - probably
better with a good stove made from steel plate - burning efficiency and
airwash efficiency to keep the glass clean.
A good slow burn ability to stay in overnight is also good.
Leaking around the joints into the room is bad.

One good thing - we may be getting all our statues, war memorials and drain
covers back ;-)

Next time I see Chas I'll ask him how he likes the stove.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Howard Neil wrote:
On 09/02/2012 11:29, Tim Downie wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup
regular.

Tim

Good point. My apologies to David. However, Leaky does not seem to have a
track record in this newsgroup.

Thanks Howard - accepted :-)

I had a look at Leaky's email domain (which may be completely false) which
has possible associations with the Glasgow area.
However I would expect to find users of these stoves to be around that area
because they would be fairly local.
I note he has come back and affirmed he is not a sock puppet for the
company.

The main warning bells are the cheapness.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Howard Neil wrote:
On 09/02/2012 11:29, Tim Downie wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news:M5idnakXdPzbC67SnZ2dnUVZ8jCdnZ2d@bright view.co.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup
regular.

Tim

Good point. My apologies to David. However, Leaky does not seem to have a
track record in this newsgroup.

Thanks Howard - accepted :-)

I had a look at Leaky's email domain (which may be completely false) which
has possible associations with the Glasgow area.
However I would expect to find users of these stoves to be around that area
because they would be fairly local.
I note he has come back and affirmed he is not a sock puppet for the
company.

well that's "all ok" then
- although you seem to overlook that "he" simultaneously claims to be
from Halifax....which is er... nowhere near Scotland..

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Howard Neil wrote:
On 09/02/2012 11:29, Tim Downie wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news:M5idnakXdPzbC67SnZ2dnUVZ8jCdnZ2d@bright view.co.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

*From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup
regular.

Tim

Good point. My apologies to David. However, Leaky does not seem to have a
track record in this newsgroup.

Thanks Howard - accepted :-)

I had a look at Leaky's email domain (which may be completely false) which
has possible associations with the Glasgow area.
However I would expect to find users of these stoves to be around that area
because they would be fairly local.
I note he has come back and affirmed he is not a sock puppet for the
company.

well that's "all ok" then
- although you seem to overlook that "he" simultaneously claims to be
from Halifax....which is er... nowhere near Scotland..

Jim K- Hide quoted text -

Stainland near Halifax to be more precise. I admit I have not posted
for a while but am a daily watcher of the group,mainly plumbing and
electrical, The domain came from 123 reg had it for 7 years now.

Kevin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:
This is another thing that makes the all caps rant from diybanter
less than credible.
Whatever the stove, I find it very hard to believe that you get no
heat from it unless you have the door open.
Does not compute.

Also, the diybanter ranter has only ever posted once on diybanter (using
that ID). Now either he's a diybanter regular reader who never normally
posts, OR, more likely, he has a google alert set up to notify him if the
url http://www.woodburningstoveslimited.com/ ever comes up in a discussion
group for the purposes of rubbishing a competitor. (I've just tested it and
it does work).

I doubt he'll ever come up with any corroborating information.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Leaky wrote:

Stainland near Halifax to be more precise. I admit I have not posted
for a while but am a daily watcher of the group,mainly plumbing and
electrical, The domain came from 123 reg had it for 7 years now.

Kevin

The only reliable ish info says that you are on Opalnet DSL..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
David WE Roberts wrote:
This is another thing that makes the all caps rant from diybanter
less than credible.
Whatever the stove, I find it very hard to believe that you get no
heat from it unless you have the door open.
Does not compute.

Also, the diybanter ranter has only ever posted once on diybanter (using
that ID). Now either he's a diybanter regular reader who never normally
posts, OR, more likely, he has a google alert set up to notify him if the
url http://www.woodburningstoveslimited.com/ ever comes up in a discussion
group for the purposes of rubbishing a competitor. (I've just tested it
and it does work).

I doubt he'll ever come up with any corroborating information.

I forwarded his rant to the email contact at the web site so they know (if
they didn't already) that they have a cyberstalker.

Yeah - be nice to see some photographs, a police incident number,
correspondence with Trading Standards and HETAS (I assume both apply in
Scotland) and any other supporting information, including a copy of the
invoice for the stove and the installation.

I won't be holding my breath.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Howard Neil wrote:
On 09/02/2012 11:29, Tim Downie wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news:M5idnakXdPzbC67SnZ2dnUVZ8jCdnZ2d@bright view.co.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

[...]

From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup
[...]

Hello Kevin Scrimshaw :-)
[Of no disclosed address according to Whois.]
Must look up my domains and see which (if any) address they show in Whois.
{Looks up....yes, I also show as a non trading individual of no declared
address.}
Why no website?
Not that my place holders are anything special ;-)

Back to the original subject:

Which model does your friend have and how often does he use it?

Which model are you going to order?

The price is still tempting me but I am a little concerned over the long
term reliability.
As TNP says if it fails quite soon you can ask for your money back, but
there will be hassle involved in trying to prove that the fault is in the
manufacture and not cause by improper installation or use, and also the pain
of being without the stove - especially if it is during the winter when you
want to be using it.
Then you have the cost of installing the new stove - the dimensions are
almost sure to be slightly different.
So I am tending towards a more expensive welded steel stove where I know the
manufacturer and model.
£500 is a significant price difference, but £50 a year over 10 years is
probably worth paying for general peace of mind.
If I was buying a few stoves to kit out a larger space/several rooms I would
be much more tempted

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Leaky" wrote in message
On Feb 8, 6:52 pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
snip

*Hi, a friend of mine has had one for a couple of years now, fantastic
*and no problems.

*I am ordering one from them soon(ish).

*For £4000 you can have a chimney built!!

*Kevin

Kevin, this may be getting a bit wierd, but I had a quick nosy Google (just
wondering how much information there is out there) and have found a Facebook
account for someone of your name, who went to Anglia Rushkin Universtiy.

Now this is probably not you, but if it is I think we have an aquaintance in
common.

Am I about to hit the six degrees of separation?

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 9, 4:24*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
"Leaky" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Dave, I think it is COUNTRY KILN 5 WOOD BURNING STOVES AND MULTI
FUEL STOVES £299.00

Its only smallish but it was chuffing heavy!! We do live in the
pennines and he has about 50 steps up to his front door.

The biggest prob he has is trying to keep it going on a slowish burn
all day long, too much air and its like a jet engine and too little
and it goes out. I think he solved it by putting a few bit of coal
around the log. He does use it every weekend and a few days in the
week and does overnight burns with it too.

I am looking at a bigger one but am still in the "do I build a chimney
or Selkirk pipe" I would ideally like to have it not encroaching into
the room but as always money will be the deciding factor and
obviousley we will have to decorate and have new carpet and sofas
apparently.

I am really only going by his experience and have some cash from Xmas
left so Iwas going to buy one and do the hard bit later.

I am on facebook but went to Heath Grammar school which I wasted.

Regards
Kevin

I will get him to either send me a pic to put up or ask him to post it
himself, he is a watcher too :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:23:04 -0000, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

Whatever the stove, I find it very hard to believe that you get no heat from
it unless you have the door open.

I've got one of them - utter crap, it is.

Wood burning stove johno UK diy 16 December 10th 09 03:11 PM
Do I need to put out wood burning stove? spj_uk Home Ownership 2 October 30th 06 03:46 PM
wood burning stove John Kelly UK diy 7 October 13th 06 03:01 PM
wood burning stove [email protected] UK diy 2 April 24th 05 05:28 AM
Wood burning stove Martin Carroll UK diy 4 October 12th 03 08:44 PM