Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Wood burning stove - anyone any experience of Country Kiln?

On Feb 9, 1:29 pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
"Howard Neil" wrote in message

news On 09/02/2012 11:08, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news:M5idnakXdPzbC67SnZ2dnUVZ8jCdnZ2d@bright view.co.uk...
On 09/02/2012 09:37, Jim K wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:30 pm, "David WE
wrote:
wrote in message
snip

I think we may have the sellers of this stove and maybe a
competitor posting. In other words this thread may be an
advertising campaign. Anybody thinking of buying one would be
well advised to visit the company first as well as making a call
to the local Trading Standards to see what they know.

I asume you mean 'Leaky' when referring to the possible seller.
Could you tell me how you reached that conclusion?

Thanks

Dave R

The language used and the way the postings have run. I have seen it
before, frequently. Start a thread pretending to ask for advice and
later have a posting made pretending to be from a very satisfied
customer.

To be fair, that happens quite a lot with legitimate queries and
replies so I don't think you can pin too much on it.

Tim

It is enough to be suspicious and to tread carefully.

From a new poster to the group maybe. Not when it's by a newsgroup
regular.

Tim

Good point. My apologies to David. However, Leaky does not seem to have a
track record in this newsgroup.

Thanks Howard - accepted :-)

I had a look at Leaky's email domain (which may be completely false) which
has possible associations with the Glasgow area.
However I would expect to find users of these stoves to be around that area
because they would be fairly local.
I note he has come back and affirmed he is not a sock puppet for the
company.

well that's "all ok" then
- although you seem to overlook that "he" simultaneously claims to be
from Halifax....which is er... nowhere near Scotland..

Jim K