Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Russian Revolutionary Hybrid car

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

There is always a point where there is surplus power and the batteries
can be charged.

Always? No point in having such a powerful engine, then.

Look at a thermal store, which is a heat buffer. Using one of these mean
the boiler need not be over sized for peak performance, only average
performance as the buffer assists in the peak loads.

The batteries and the motor can both feed of the genny at the same
time. The management system just increases fuel to the engine to cope
with both.

All this from just 40 bhp. Why does the Prius (hardly a fast vehicle) need
over 3 time this?

The Prius doe 100 mph which you can't legally do and practically on British
roads. The Prius is different setup in which the engine is in direct
mechanical contact with the wheels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:32:53 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

Knob, again..."The Yo-Mobile is driven 100% by electric motors. The
speed of the engine doesn't have to fully correlate with the driving
wheels."

Is it all electrically geared up, using supercapacitors?

....and a battery set..and a new design engine - as we know it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind,
it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph.

Given the petrol engine has an output of 145 bhp, I'd hope so.

It zips alomg. Zoooooooooooooooooooom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
You really do not know. This is a brand new "new design" engine
tweaked to suit.

So new, in fact, that people have been trying and failing to get engines
of that design to work reliably since 1910.

Indeed. Nothing new under the sun. The laugh is it takes idiots like
dribble to believe such claims for a 'new' design. History is littered
with them. Orbital, anyone?

I'm gonna get me one and put a warp drive in as soon as Drivel sells me
some dilithium crystals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
Doctor wrote:
My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable wind,
it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph.

Given the petrol engine has an output of 145 bhp, I'd hope so.

Don't forget the extra weight of generator and batteries, it has have a
decent power output. Funnily enough there are some non-hybrid cars
which are more economical!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Williamson wrote:
You really do not know. This is a brand new "new design" engine
tweaked to suit.

So new, in fact, that people have been trying and failing to get engines
of that design to work reliably since 1910.

Indeed. Nothing new under the sun. The laugh

You are a total idiot. Still ****ing on your slippers in the home?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm gonna get me one and put a warp drive

A warp drive for a warped person indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
In ,
Doctor wrote:
My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind,
it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph.

Given the petrol engine has an output of 145 bhp, I'd hope so.

Don't forget the extra weight of generator and batteries, it has have a
decent power output. Funnily enough there are some non-hybrid cars which
are more economical!!

No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius does not. Now
you know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:
In ,
Doctor wrote:
My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind,
it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph.

Given the petrol engine has an output of 145 bhp, I'd hope so.

Don't forget the extra weight of generator and batteries, it has have a
decent power output. Funnily enough there are some non-hybrid cars
which are more economical!!

top speed is more about power to drag than power to weight.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2012 16:20, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
In ,
Doctor wrote:
My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind,
it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph.

Given the petrol engine has an output of 145 bhp, I'd hope so.

Don't forget the extra weight of generator and batteries, it has have
a decent power output. Funnily enough there are some non-hybrid cars
which are more economical!!

No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius does not.

And the Prius doesn't pollute?

Can you define pollution for us?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 28/01/2012 16:20, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
In ,
Doctor wrote:
My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind,
it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph.

Given the petrol engine has an output of 145 bhp, I'd hope so.

Don't forget the extra weight of generator and batteries, it has have
a decent power output. Funnily enough there are some non-hybrid cars
which are more economical!!

No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius does not.

And the Prius doesn't pollute?

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius does
not."

Can you define pollution for us?

Boy some are dumb!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbLI...layer_embedded
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
The engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbLI...layer_embedded

Nice computer generated imagery, now show us one of a *real* one driving
a car. Or driving *anything*.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/01/2012 23:47, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
On 27/01/2012 18:46, Doctor Drivel wrote:

The Russians are to sell at the end of the year a new range of 100%
elecric drive cars using a revolutionary new rotary toroidal "vane"
engine" - some cars will be made in Germany. Some crank in the USA said
he invented it. He never. I "believe" the battery pack is small for the
car so nearly always runs on the engine. The engine only turns a genny.
A dissapointing 67mpg (US). I seems cheap to buy. so I will get my
cheque book out:
http://pesn.com/2011/04/23/9501814_R...ign_its_ own/

"it has been said that the swing-piston design combines all the
disadvantages of the rotary with all the disadvantages of the
reciprocating." (Wikipedia) If there's any truth in it take that to be
67 miles per car.

Do not go on wikipedia - people make it up there. It is 15 kilos (the
weight of the engine) for 30 kilowatts output. 1/4 to 1/3 the size and
weight of an normal engine. Amazing power/weight ratio. The battery is
small and only gives 2 km range. A bigger battery would have given the
car greater mpg. BTW, it is about 75mpg UK. Nothing comes close to it
and it is quiet and a dream to drive with a seamless electric
transmission - no silly gearbox.

This is a breakthrough. It only took Russian engineers 6 months get the
design right. While everyone else is looking at their navels. Further
R&d will get it more efficient.

It will be the first Russian car to have ever been designed right...
Having owned two Ladas in my poorer days...

--
Kev

Be who you are and say what you feel because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't
mind.

- Dr. Seuss
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbLI...layer_embedded

Nice computer generated imagery, now show us one of a *real* one driving a
car. Or driving *anything*.

Look at the first post and click the link. All is there. Engine in the car
and working with Putin driving one. Look before you type.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
[...]

Lada was a Fiat 124. The ruskies have made decent cars but they were not
available here. I believe it will be made in Germany as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Look at the first post and click the link. All is there.

I love the caption saying "comparing size for same output" under the
image of an engine that looks like it would put a tank to shame!

http://pesn.com/2011/04/23/9501814_Russian_firm_claims_MYT_engine_design_its_ own/Ralphial_Morgado_MYT.gif

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Williamson" wrote in
message ...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbLI...layer_embedded

Nice computer generated imagery, now show us one of a *real* one
driving a car. Or driving *anything*.

Look at the first post and click the link. All is there. Engine in the
car and working with Putin driving one. Look before you type.

I did. The link you posted shows the CGI of the engine, and a picture of
Putin standing by the car. Going through a few layers of links in
Russian and intranslation, he's seen driving a car with a similar body
design for about ten seconds that sounds like any other small car. It's
a good, solid clunk when he closes the door, though. That's important,
it means it's a quality vehicle. No pictures of the engine *in that car*.

Why didn't *you* link directly to the test drive? Or give a link to the
sales website, as one of the links in the chain I followed says that it
was going to be available to order since June last year.

More Russian Vapourware.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2012 14:52, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
..
BTW, 30 kW is approx 40 bhp. Which is less than virtually any car on the
market today. The Prius which is a dog performance wise has over three
times that as well as a larger battery pack.

My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind, it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph. This run-about Yo-Mobile will do 80ish.

In theory, so would my Triumph Herald.

They do
plan a larger people carrier version. No doubt with a larger output
engine and electric motors. Tkime move on from the Herald.

The laws of physics don't and the fact remains that anything with that
little power is going to be horrendously slow when you really don't want
it to be - like turning out of a side road onto a fast main road.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius
does not."

How far can a prius go without running the petrol engine?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

And the Prius doesn't pollute?

Can you define pollution for us?

its anything a prius doesn't do obviously.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message

The laws of physics don't and the fact remains that anything with that
little power is going to be horrendously slow when you really don't want
it to be - like turning out of a side road onto a fast main road.

I know its hard to believe but drivel actually has a bit of this correct..
it doesn't matter how powerful the engine is as long as its more than the
average for the journey. The power to accelerate doesn't come from the
engine, it comes from the battery.
You can accelerate as fast as the battery and electric motors allow. As long
as you don't do it too often and flatten the battery, then you would find it
hard going.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius
does not."

Eagerly awaited, Dennis joins in.......

How far can a prius go without running the petrol engine?

4 miles. A Calcars battery extension can get 80. Thank you Dennis.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 28/01/2012 14:52, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
..
BTW, 30 kW is approx 40 bhp. Which is less than virtually any car on
the
market today. The Prius which is a dog performance wise has over three
times that as well as a larger battery pack.

My 1959 Triumph Herald Coupe had more than that. Given a favourable
wind, it would eventually achieve 60mph.

Colin Bignell

The Prius does 100mph. This run-about Yo-Mobile will do 80ish.

In theory, so would my Triumph Herald.

They do
plan a larger people carrier version. No doubt with a larger output
engine and electric motors. Time moves on from the Herald.

The laws of physics don't and the fact remains that anything with that
little power

You must read what I wrote. It is easier that way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message

The laws of physics don't and the fact remains that anything with that
little power is going to be horrendously slow when you really don't want
it to be - like turning out of a side road onto a fast main road.

I know its hard to believe but drivel actually has a bit of this correct..

Dennis, I have it all correct.

it doesn't matter how powerful the engine is as long as its more than the
average for the journey. The power to accelerate doesn't come from the
engine, it comes from the battery.
You can accelerate as fast as the battery and electric motors allow. As
long as you don't do it too often and flatten the battery, then you would
find it hard going.

Thank you Dennis. A nearly astute observation from you there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
[...]

I could have linked to the Moon, but you got there in the end. The Ruskies
have not ripped off a USA design. The first attempt at this was in 1910.
BSA, had a prototype in 1955.

More Russian Vapourware.

Tell me where they are telling lies?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:41:36 +0000, "Ret."
wrote:

It will be the first Russian car to have ever been designed right...
Having owned two Ladas in my poorer days...

Oi, don't diss the mighty Lada.
My mate had a Moskvich - in remarkable condition, it was, which was
hardly surprising as it never went anywhere. He bought it for 90quid
and sold it for 190. I was amazed at the number of eejits out there,
as the phone rang for a week.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 08:49:41 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

The Yo-Mobile

YoYo.
How gloriously appropriate, as it ventures out and is towed back, like
a brick on a piece of elastic.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 15:10:59 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

You are forgetting this is not an engine as you know it.

Di-lithium crystals, eh Jim?

Seems like a cunning device to part fools from their money.
Not the first time some start-up bunch of chancers have trumpeted
their vapourware on the 'net.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:19:59 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

The engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbLI...layer_embedded

Yup. Vapourware, as I expected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the Prius
does not."

Eagerly awaited, Dennis joins in.......

How far can a prius go without running the petrol engine?

4 miles.

So you can commute for a whole two miles without chucking out the same sort
of pollution that all the other cheaper cars do.
To do so you chuck out more pollution from a power station elsewhere.
Maybe you charge it overnight from solar panels?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the
Prius does not."

Eagerly awaited, Dennis joins in.......

How far can a prius go without running the petrol engine?

4 miles.

So you can commute for a whole two miles without chucking out the same
sort of pollution that all the other cheaper cars do.
To do so you chuck out more pollution from a power station elsewhere.
Maybe you charge it overnight from solar panels?

I think you crap in a toilet in the boot. to create methane...or am I
getting mixed up..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 08:49:41 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

The Yo-Mobile

YoYo.

....and a bottle of rum

snip drivel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the
Prius does not."

Eagerly awaited, Dennis joins in.......

How far can a prius go without running the petrol engine?

4 miles.

So you can commute for a whole two miles

Dennis, it says four above. But the Volt can do 60 miles.

snip Dennis drivel

After he was doing so well, snipping had to come.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It will be the first Russian car to have ever been designed right...
Having owned two Ladas in my poorer days...

Oi, don't diss the mighty Lada.
My mate had a Moskvich - in remarkable condition, it was, which was
hardly surprising as it never went anywhere. He bought it for 90quid
and sold it for 190. I was amazed at the number of eejits out there,
as the phone rang for a week.

Some idiot in Coventry had one of those, you could smell it about a mile
before you caught up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

Again....."No. And they pollute like hell in cities, whereas the
Prius does not."

Eagerly awaited, Dennis joins in.......

How far can a prius go without running the petrol engine?

4 miles.

So you can commute for a whole two miles without chucking out the
same sort of pollution that all the other cheaper cars do.
To do so you chuck out more pollution from a power station elsewhere.
Maybe you charge it overnight from solar panels?

I think you crap in a toilet in the boot. to create methane...or am I
getting mixed up..

"getting mixed up", implies that you were not at some stage. That is 100%
wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The engine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PbLI...layer_embedded

Yup. Vapourware, as I expected.

Wow, known knobness in action. Amazing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It will be the first Russian car to have ever been designed right...
Having owned two Ladas in my poorer days...

Oi, don't diss the mighty Lada.
My mate had a Moskvich - in remarkable condition, it was, which was
hardly surprising as it never went anywhere. He bought it for 90quid
and sold it for 190. I was amazed at the number of eejits out there,
as the phone rang for a week.

Some idiot in Coventry had one of those, you could smell it about a
mile before you caught up.

Was it owned by the snotty uni lunatic? He poos in the boot.