Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Russian Revolutionary Hybrid car

In message , Doctor Drivel
writes

In the 67 Arab/Israeli war the Syrian Migs were decimated by the
Israelis Us fighters.

Type of plane and training plays a part.

I think they were Mig 19s/21s v F16s BIMBW
--
hugh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
"dennis@home" wrote:
"Terry Fields" wrote in message

And have you ever seen a Russian Stealth bomber - no of course you
haven't.

You didn't see the American ones either, until they chose to show
them.

We only saw the American stealth once the Russians could track it.

Total bullcrap, again.

What makes you think they can't track it?

Where did I say that it can't be tracked Dennis?

[snip bullcrap]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article m,
dennis@home wrote:
A plane with good figures has the passengers packed in like sardines in
tin. The QE2, not.

So a plane is greener than the QE2 even before you consider the other
pollution.

You've got it exactly wrong again, Dennis.

Ban the ships!

Try look at shipping costs for goods versus airfreight. You might learn
something.

Take a container that is 100 miles from the container port on the east of
the USA to a town 100 miles from Liverpool's container terminal. At least
75% of the cost will be the 200 miles of land transportation The 3,000
miles by seas is buttons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
The Russians are to sell at the end of the year a new range of 100%
elecric drive cars using a revolutionary new rotary toroidal "vane"
engine" - some cars will be made in Germany. Some crank in the USA said he
invented it. He never. I "believe" the battery pack is small for the car
so nearly always runs on the engine. The engine only turns a genny. A
dissapointing 67mpg (US). I seems cheap to buy. so I will get my cheque
book out:
http://pesn.com/2011/04/23/9501814_R...ign_its_ own/

It is a 4X4 and uses supercapacitors, not batteries.

ё-AUTO signed a contract with Dieffenbacher, a German press manufacturer,
for purchase of two production lines for component parts made of reinforced
polymer compounds.

The ё-mobile is an innovative hybrid car with power unit running on petrol
and natural gas, which also has built-in electrical traction motors. Instead
of an accumulator box supercapacitors serve as a power buffer, accumulating
energy generated during deacceleration and supplying it to electro-motors on
demand.

Another innovative idea is to use a specialized reinforced polymer compound
to make the entire car body. Usually it is fiberglass, but for some details
of the ё-mobile body we plan to use basalt fiber.

ё-AUTOs engineering partner is MAGNA STEYR which signed a contract with us
last April. Andrey Biryukov,ё-AUTO General Manager, says that all main
parts will be produced in Russia, based on inventions made by Russian
engineers and using the state-of-the-art equipment.

The Dieffenbacher company worked hard to develop the ё-AUTO general concept,
including presswork technology and supporting processes. Having implemented
over 50 LFTD lines, Dieffenbacher has become a market leader in this
industry. For instance, Dieffenbacher supplies carbon-fiber reinforced parts
for other German carmakers, such as Audi and Mercedes, and in each case
perfectly satisfies market demand for fuel-efficient, lightweight production
technology, which swiftly becomes the prevalent tendency in modern
car-making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RX9w2krY10M