Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_4_] Doctor Drivel[_4_] is offline

Default Russian Revolutionary Hybrid car

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
The Russians are to sell at the end of the year a new range of 100%
elecric drive cars using a revolutionary new rotary toroidal "vane"
engine" - some cars will be made in Germany. Some crank in the USA said he
invented it. He never. I "believe" the battery pack is small for the car
so nearly always runs on the engine. The engine only turns a genny. A
dissapointing 67mpg (US). I seems cheap to buy. so I will get my cheque
book out:
http://pesn.com/2011/04/23/9501814_R...ign_its_ own/

It is a 4X4 and uses supercapacitors, not batteries.

ё-AUTO signed a contract with Dieffenbacher, a German press manufacturer,
for purchase of two production lines for component parts made of reinforced
polymer compounds.

The ё-mobile is an innovative hybrid car with power unit running on petrol
and natural gas, which also has built-in electrical traction motors. Instead
of an accumulator box supercapacitors serve as a power buffer, accumulating
energy generated during deacceleration and supplying it to electro-motors on
demand.

Another innovative idea is to use a specialized reinforced polymer compound
to make the entire car body. Usually it is fiberglass, but for some details
of the ё-mobile body we plan to use basalt fiber.

ё-AUTOs engineering partner is MAGNA STEYR which signed a contract with us
last April. Andrey Biryukov,ё-AUTO General Manager, says that all main
parts will be produced in Russia, based on inventions made by Russian
engineers and using the state-of-the-art equipment.

The Dieffenbacher company worked hard to develop the ё-AUTO general concept,
including presswork technology and supporting processes. Having implemented
over 50 LFTD lines, Dieffenbacher has become a market leader in this
industry. For instance, Dieffenbacher supplies carbon-fiber reinforced parts
for other German carmakers, such as Audi and Mercedes, and in each case
perfectly satisfies market demand for fuel-efficient, lightweight production
technology, which swiftly becomes the prevalent tendency in modern
car-making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RX9w2krY10M