Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted*

In article , greenaum
scribeth thus
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:13:12 +0000, tony sayer
sprachen:

The volts is the most, or most important part as you can have Mega amps
at say 1 volt thats not, well unless its connected perhaps to electrodes
buried in the brain, going to have much effect through the average Joe
or Horsey.

Well, you can't. The amp rating of a particular power supply is it's
maximum.

I think you misunderstood that. If there are not enough Volts to drive
sufficient -current- through the resistance of the particular "circuit"
then it doesn't matter how many amps you can supply. Hence the example
of the very low voltage and high amp capacity. The other instance is
high volts but insufficient current to do any damage...

The actual current is just volts / ohms. The resistance of a human /
animal body is very variable and unpredictable.

Indeed it is..

But yes, deadliness is determined by current flow and time. But
current flow is determined, from the electrical bit's point of view,
just by voltage. It's unlikely a power supply would have a higher
impedance than a person.

As above sufficient volts and current availability..

That's also why you can't have megavolts at yocto-amps. The impedance
of the target person would bring down the voltage being supplied,
until the reduced voltage gave a current the source could actually
supply. Or put another way, til the relative impedances of source and
target allowed it.

Yes you have it..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article , Andy Wade spambucket@maxw
ell.myzen.co.uk scribeth thus
On 16/02/2011 15:10, John Rumm wrote:

It will be interesting to know if its on the supply side or the
consumers side. I suspect that there will be some recriminations if it
turns out to be on the racecourses side of the supply rather than
southern electric's.

Quite - and whoever left it live probably buggered off long ago...

We had this the other year, an olde cable stub kept shorting and blowing
fuses, fuses replaced and all OK for a while, and finally it shorted out
for good. A bod turned up with a very large short circuit relay device
which took the place of the fuse in the distribution cabinet.

Quite spectacular, he had a hand held radio trigger gubbins where he
could take cover and then fire the device which was some feet away. Upon
contact the cables to it would leap up in the air and then as the relay
tripped they would drop back to the ground!.

The next bit was very impressive. He has some gangers standing around
where the cable went with their legs apart then triggered it and one of
them pointed to a spot in the pavement and said "its there" sure enough
they dug at that spot and there was an old cable that should gave been
disconnected but hadn't been, and over time the land had been disturbed
and water etc had got in hence the occasional short and then that would
blow the shorted part open and over time it closed again and then blew
part away until it made a very good job of it closed properly this time,
and finally they were able to locate it!..

Seems they can feel the underground "bang" with their feet and the
direction where it came from!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article
..com, Tiny scribeth thus
On Feb 16, 10:58*pm, Andy Wade wrote:
On 16/02/2011 15:10, John Rumm wrote:

It will be interesting to know if its on the supply side or the
consumers side. I suspect that there will be some recriminations if it
turns out to be on the racecourses side of the supply rather than
southern electric's.

Quite - and whoever left it live probably buggered off long ago...

--
Andy

A recent episode of CSI Miami (made long before the Newbury horse
deaths) used an under beach cable to knock off (as in electrocute) a
mens volley ball team. One wonders where they got the idea from. Or
did reality copy fiction in this case.

There have been many instances where a lightning strike on a playing
field has disabled players, sometimes just stunning them, sometimes
killing them outright. They tend to take lightning storms a bit more
seriously then what we do, they seem to have stronger ones there and
more of them;!.

Hence there are several websites on that very matter in the USA...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
[...]

when they undergrounded the 11KV supply here, if developed a fault. They
isolated a loop and used I think TDR kit to pinpoint it to exactly
outside my house. where it feeds my own personal substation yay!.
anyway, they were not wrong. Water in a cable and massive charring when
the diggers finally got down to it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-02-17, greenaum wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:34:37 +0000, Andy Wade
sprachen:

"Higgins said: "We've looked at drawings that are 40 years old and we've
established that, before the 1992 grandstand was constructed, there was
a cable potentially in that location."

They still haven't dug it up yet? Don't they have shovels in Newbury?

Tsk. You don't dig holes with a shovel.

In part you do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article ,
greenaum wrote:
But yes, deadliness is determined by current flow and time. But

It may take only a very short duration pulse to 'stop' (fibrillate)
a heart, especially if it comes at the right time, in the T-wave of
the ECG. The current required to do this is less than would cause
damage through electroporation. The reason that 50Hz (or 60Hz) AC
current is dangerous, even at relatively low, non-burning currents,
compared to DC, is that it exposes the heart to a long series of
shocks, increasing the probability of one of them being at exactly
the right time to induce VF. (AC will also pace the heart at a fast
rate, increasing its susceptibility to VF for various reasons.)

Francis
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted* - Conductive shoes

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
And I wonder what do they hold the Ally hoss shoes on with then?..

Glue?

Not Steel nails then?..

Probably! (Glue-on horseshoes do exist, but they're generally for
horses with iffy hooves and are usually, but not always[*] made of
plastic.)
[*] http://www.anvilmag.com/farrier/glueon.htm (what a palaver!)

Francis
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mortimer wrote:
Sounds like it was caused by the same Sods Law fairy that caused the chain
of events in Gerard Hoffnung's story about the barrel of bricks being
hoisted up the building.

It's ages since I heard that one - thanks for reminding me.

Nothing to do with thyristors or racehorses but ...

There was another amusing story monologue that I heard at about
the same time - concerning someone who ended up in hospital after
reaching for a hanky in his back pocket with the wrong hand, or
something like that. Probably not Hoffnung. Anyone remember that
one?

Francis
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
greenaum wrote:
The tiny thin layer of it on aluminium is. But you can still conduct
current easily through aluminium foil, or metal. The oxide layer in
practice is too thin to insulate electrically.

In fact thinking about it, isn't pure aluminium oxide the same thing
as ruby?

Inasmuch as carbon is the same thing as diamond, yes.

Francis
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

"Francis Burton" wrote in message
In article ,
greenaum wrote:
But yes, deadliness is determined by current flow and time. But

It may take only a very short duration pulse to 'stop' (fibrillate)
a heart, especially if it comes at the right time, in the T-wave of
the ECG. The current required to do this is less than would cause
damage through electroporation. The reason that 50Hz (or 60Hz) AC
current is dangerous, even at relatively low, non-burning currents,
compared to DC, is that it exposes the heart to a long series of
shocks, increasing the probability of one of them being at exactly
the right time to induce VF. (AC will also pace the heart at a fast
rate, increasing its susceptibility to VF for various reasons.)

Conversely I've heard that a DC shock of the same voltage and current as the
RMS AC equivalent can more dangerous because the muscles of the hand will
contract permanently around the live object whereas with AC they will
contract on one half-cycle and expand on the next half-cycle, increasing the
chance that the victim will be able to pull his hand away.

But ideally you want to avoid the shock altogether. Having had a mains shock
from the terminals in the power switch of a telly (turned off at the switch
increas of the wall - blush!), I don't want to repeat the experience: even
though it was just across either side of a knuckle, my whole arm was numb
and tingly for about an hour afterwards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article ,
Mortimer wrote:
Conversely I've heard that a DC shock of the same voltage and current as the
RMS AC equivalent can more dangerous because the muscles of the hand will
contract permanently around the live object whereas with AC they will
contract on one half-cycle and expand on the next half-cycle, increasing the
chance that the victim will be able to pull his hand away.

I've heard the same, though I think it may be a marginal effect
because at 50Hz most muscles will be pretty much tetanized (i.e.
steadily contracting, not twitching). The fusion frequency is
~16Hz for slow twitch fibres and ~60Hz for fast twitch fibres,
and most muscles have a mixture of slow and fast fibres.

But ideally you want to avoid the shock altogether.

Quite!

Having had a mains shock
from the terminals in the power switch of a telly (turned off at the switch
increas of the wall - blush!), I don't want to repeat the experience: even
though it was just across either side of a knuckle, my whole arm was numb
and tingly for about an hour afterwards.

When I was 7 years old or so, I got a shock from the cooker main
switch on the wall. I think my hand must have been wet. The racking
spasms down the right side of my body were mercifully brief, but
it's not something I would ever want to repeat!

Francis
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:30:30 -0000, Mortimer wrote:

Conversely I've heard that a DC shock of the same voltage and current as
the RMS AC equivalent can more dangerous because the muscles of the hand
will contract permanently around the live object whereas with AC they
will contract on one half-cycle and expand on the next half-cycle,
increasing the chance that the victim will be able to pull his hand
away.

Isn't the grip thing more down to the fact that all muscles can only
contract thus they work in pairs and generally speaking the stronger
muscle of the pair is the one making the grip not releasing it.

I've had a few minor belts off the mains, not to be recomended.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article , Francis Burton
scribeth thus
In article ,
Mortimer wrote:
[...]

I had a very bad hand to hand one many years ago and I can tell you
Nope!, I could let go or move or do anything at all just the tremendous
vibrating pain.. And thats something I wouldn't want anyone else to
suffer..

It was from a metal ladder in damp earth and from a metal handed drill
there was a fault in the house wiring we were at. I put a load of
plastic tape around the handle to try to prevent it happening again. The
arsehole whom I worked for took it all of, told me I was a wimp as
something similar had happened to him before!. And argument broke out I
walloped him first and left around 5 minutes later.

At the place where we worked he did the electric's, plenty of bell wire
extensions and similar bodges etc, burnt down around Three months
later!, cause?, electrical fault!......
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

To return to topic, they have disconnected a live, but an unused cable
under the parade ring, and racing will resume today.
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
(greenaum) writes:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:06:00 -0000, "Mortimer"
sprachen:

I was very proud to be a member of the winning team who managed not to blow
their thyristor up

Was that one of the initial criteria?

I ask because it seems pretty stupid using such a marginally specced
component. Surely variable mark/space includes 100:0. Even 95:5 must
have been pushing it for the component.

Also... don't thyristors stay switched on as long as they have enough
voltage across them?

No.

Or was it AC flowing through them?

Well, DC flowing through them (they only pass current in one direction).

There are also gate turn-off thyristors (GTO) which can also be turned
off using the gate electrode, but the last time I used a thyristor was
before GTO thyristors were invented, so I've never played with one.

I'm sure
you'll have known this at the time, but wouldn't a simple transistor /
FET have been better?

They're much easier to blow up. A thyristor can only be On or Off, and
in neither state is there scope for enormous power dissipation
(although the GTO thyristors do have some more explosive failure modes).
On the other hand, a FET is continuously variable beween On and Off,
and in the half-On state, a tiny package measuring just a few mm²
can generate 1000's of times the power dissipation you might have been
designing for if intended for On/Off switching. FETs are also static
sensitive.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Andrew
Gabriel) saying something like:

It said on Radio 4 news today that a section of underground cable
has been removed and taken away for testing.

"Sure, Sor, me and the lads will pull out that old bit o' cable for ye".
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike Tomlinson
saying something like:

In article , ARWadsworth
writes

Marching Song's part-owner Graham Thorner said the fallen horse had 'great
potential'.

*groan*

Bet the vast majority of Wail readers wouldn't have got it.

They'd only gauss about it.
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth"
saying something like:

I suspect that someone at The Sun does not understand **** all.

I corrected that for you.
Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:39:37 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike Tomlinson
saying something like:

In article , ARWadsworth
writes

Marching Song's part-owner Graham Thorner said the fallen horse had 'great
potential'.

*groan*

Bet the vast majority of Wail readers wouldn't have got it.

They'd only gauss about it.

Faraday or two.
--
Angus Rodgers
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

"tony sayer" wrote in message
When I was 7 years old or so, I got a shock from the cooker main
switch on the wall. I think my hand must have been wet. The racking
spasms down the right side of my body were mercifully brief, but
it's not something I would ever want to repeat!

I got a fairly noticeable tingle when I unplugged a TV aerial lead from the
TV card in my PC while touching the metal case of the PC with the other
hand. Obviously I investigated thoroughly and tracked it down to my TV which
was plugged into the same aerial lead. It turns out that the TV puts out
about 200V between aerial ground and mains earth, though via a very high
resistance.

With a high-resistance voltmeter, I measured 200V AC but with a 1 megohm
resistor in parallel with the meter it dropped to about 100 V. Holding the
meter leads and then touching the aerial and ground there was about 50 V:
that's for a hand-to-hand resitance of about 300 kilohms.

This seemed surprisingly high but the manufacturers and trading standards
thought it was acceptible.

However I have now wrapped insulation tape around the metal aerial plugs so
that if I touch the plug again while I'm earthed I don't get a shock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

On Feb 17, 7:30*pm, "Mortimer" wrote:
But ideally you want to avoid the shock altogether.

:-)

Then again, I vote for electric shock therapy for all politicians,
past, current & future :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/2011 12:39, tony sayer wrote:

A bod turned up with a very large short circuit relay device
which took the place of the fuse in the distribution cabinet.

One of these?
http://www.kelman.co.uk/index.php?op...18&Itemi d=34

[...]

They call it "cable thumping."

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 01:40:28 +0000, Andy Wade wrote:

A bod turned up with a very large short circuit relay device
which took the place of the fuse in the distribution cabinet.

One of these?
http://www.kelman.co.uk/index.php?op...18&Itemi d=34

Nice box but makes a bad assumption; 100% mobile phone coverage
and/or a working mobile phone network. What happens when the local
mobile cell(s) are fed from the box and it's gone into lockout? No
many cells have backup power beyond an orderly shut down, if that.

The fault on the local network the other wekk up here they had to
keep coming back up to us to get mobile phone coverage each time they
wanted to "thump" the fault. They where putting out earth current
sensors of some sort giving it a "thump" then seeing which ones had
registered current flows.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

On Feb 18, 4:42*pm, Angus Rodgers wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:39:37 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike Tomlinson
saying something like:

In article , ARWadsworth
writes

Marching Song's part-owner Graham Thorner said the fallen horse had 'great
potential'.

It'll still be going in to Winalot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Wade spambucket@maxw
ell.myzen.co.uk scribeth thus
On 17/02/2011 12:39, tony sayer wrote:

A bod turned up with a very large short circuit relay device
which took the place of the fuse in the distribution cabinet.

One of these?
http://www.kelman.co.uk/index.php?op...18&Itemi d=34

As it happens had a power outage at a site yesterday afternoon and yep
matey had one of they. Got there at much the same time and saw him using
it and it seemed it might just have been a dodgy fuse or perhaps it
might have been an intermittent fault on the affected phase.

Around 2-30 PM meter reckoned that just under 80 amps was being pulled
over perhaps a hundred or so houses. Normal fuse rating, well the one he
replaced it with was 350 Amps which according to him was the standard
rating for that sort of densely populated housing area..

The meters in the cabinet were all showing the same amount of current
which he reckoned wasn't that much, but he said that rarely did they see
the meters showing more anyway ,well I supposed at the times they get
called out!.

Hung around for a while to see if it failed again but all was well so
left it for done..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y

In article
s.com, alexander.keys1 writes

It'll still be going in to Winalot.

A pedigree horse and his Chums.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

On Feb 13, 6:59*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article o.uk,
* * * * "Dave Liquorice" writes:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:48:58 +0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Hope we find out. Interesting lesson if nothing else.

As with most things the media will have got bored with the story by
the time anything definite is discovered/worked out and the coverage
will be minimal.

It said on Radio 4 news today that a section of underground cable
has been removed and taken away for testing.

--
Andrew Gabriel

In the aftermath of the recent equine tragedy, please disseminate this
vital public service to preclude more tragedies. Many thanks. Just so
you know, I confer with Con Edison's Stray Voltage and Public Affairs
Units and contribute to Wet Nose Guide and New York Dog Chat.HOW TO
SLAY AN INVISIBLE DANGER.Blair Sorrel,Founder,http://
www.StreetZaps.com Contact voltage is a chronic hidden hazard that can
readily victimize an unsuspecting dog, walker, or both. No dog lover
could possibly observe a more horrifying scene than witnessing his
beloved pet instantaneously maimed or tragically electrocuted. When
you exercise your pooch, please exercise greater prudence. Common
outdoor electrical and metal fixtures may shock or even kill your
vulnerable dog. And depending upon the current, the walker will be
bitten and like poor Aric Roman, suffer permanently. But you can,
indeed, self-protect.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

drugs began to take hold. I remember Blair Sorrel
saying something like:

Contact voltage is a chronic hidden hazard that can
readily victimize an unsuspecting dog, walker, or both. No dog lover
could possibly observe a more horrifying scene than witnessing his
beloved pet instantaneously maimed or tragically electrocuted. When
you exercise your pooch, please exercise greater prudence. Common
outdoor electrical and metal fixtures may shock or even kill your
vulnerable dog. And depending upon the current, the walker will be
bitten and like poor Aric Roman, suffer permanently. But you can,
indeed, self-protect.

Thanks for that.
I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy little
**** from next door when he next strays onto my property.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy little
**** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

Hate to see your lecky bill though with all that leakage to earth.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

drugs began to take hold. I remember Mike Tomlinson
saying something like:

In article , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy little
**** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

Hate to see your lecky bill though with all that leakage to earth.

I'll PIR trigger it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy
little **** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

The 'noisy little **** from next door' has a smaller heart, and in any
case its feet are close together; it will be less affected than you.

This is the opposite of why the horses died but not the people.

Fliss

--
He said: If you'll just hop in the chair, for me...
She said: Got her. Repeat engagement. Had her filed away. Shall we go?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article fIxm7.2485$lk6.889155@orpheusnews,
"Felicity S." Fliss@orpheusnet writes:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy
little **** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

The 'noisy little **** from next door' has a smaller heart, and in any
case its feet are close together; it will be less affected than you.

Some bloke did do that, in order to electrocute next door's cat.
This came to light when the bloke was found on the lawn some days
layer, electrocuted. No harm came to the cat.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes

Some bloke did do that, in order to electrocute next door's cat.
This came to light when the bloke was found on the lawn some days
layer, electrocuted.

A beautiful example of Darwin in action.

No harm came to the cat.

Jolly good.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Blair Sorrel
saying something like:

Contact voltage is a chronic hidden hazard that can
readily victimize an unsuspecting dog, walker, or both. No dog lover
could possibly observe a more horrifying scene than witnessing his
beloved pet instantaneously maimed or tragically electrocuted. When
you exercise your pooch, please exercise greater prudence. Common
outdoor electrical and metal fixtures may shock or even kill your
vulnerable dog. And depending upon the current, the walker will be
bitten and like poor Aric Roman, suffer permanently. But you can,
indeed, self-protect.

Thanks for that.
I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy little
**** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

Please please please let this have come from George Osborne...
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

They aren't big enough to touch te ground and the third rail together I
suspect. An probably the first bit that does is the whiskers. Imagine
the sensation of 600v up yer whiskers..nope. They would jump straight
over that..

The third rail is only about 9 inches above ground level. Just about
nose level on a curious cat. In the years I lived within a few yards of
a third (and fourth) rail equipped railway line, the only animals I ever
saw go near the rails were the rats, and they could just about slink under.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

Jerry Brown wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy
little **** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

The 'noisy little **** from next door' has a smaller heart, and in any
case its feet are close together; it will be less affected than you.

Some bloke did do that, in order to electrocute next door's cat.
This came to light when the bloke was found on the lawn some days
layer, electrocuted. No harm came to the cat.

That's because a cat is the opposite of a horse.

I've some to suspect that they can sense it somehow. I'm in South London
where the trains are all third rail and, in nearly 50 years, I've never
seen an electrocuted cat beside the line. Not that I'd want to of
course, but I'm just surprised that it never seems to happen.

You're forgetting that a cat, or you, can quite happily jump onto the
third rail, walk along it, and hop off without being electrocuted.

Fliss

--
He said: You gotta fight fire with fire, spread around a raunchy nickname
for her. What's that girl's name again? He said: Regina Tucker.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 00:04:20 GMT, "Felicity S." Fliss@orpheusnet
wrote:
Jerry Brown wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy
little **** from next door when he next strays onto my property.

The 'noisy little **** from next door' has a smaller heart, and in any
case its feet are close together; it will be less affected than you.

Some bloke did do that, in order to electrocute next door's cat.
This came to light when the bloke was found on the lawn some days
layer, electrocuted. No harm came to the cat.

That's because a cat is the opposite of a horse.

I've some to suspect that they can sense it somehow. I'm in South London
where the trains are all third rail and, in nearly 50 years, I've never
seen an electrocuted cat beside the line. Not that I'd want to of
course, but I'm just surprised that it never seems to happen.

I've noticed that too, railway line in a slight cutting at the end of
the garden, but not our cats, nor the huge gang of local ferals were
ever to be seen at track level, dead or alive.

You're forgetting that a cat, or you, can quite happily jump onto the
third rail, walk along it, and hop off without being electrocuted.

That sounds like an interesting cat, what's its name?

Jerry sounds agile and joyful too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

wrote:
Jerry Brown wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

[...]

I assure you I'm not.

Jerry Brown
--
A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)

http://www.jwbrown.co.uk

Not electrocuted Higgs Boson[_2_] Home Repair 10 January 12th 10 04:32 PM
Electrocuted from neutral [email protected] Home Repair 23 January 3rd 09 10:50 PM
Handyman in the Newbury/Thatcham area? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 26 January 17th 08 12:28 AM
electrocuted mm Home Repair 34 May 8th 06 11:34 PM
Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism Paul Hovnanian P.E. Home Repair 0 November 7th 05 02:45 AM