Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted*

In article
..com, Tiny scribeth thus
On Feb 16, 10:58*pm, Andy Wade wrote:
On 16/02/2011 15:10, John Rumm wrote:

It will be interesting to know if its on the supply side or the
consumers side. I suspect that there will be some recriminations if it
turns out to be on the racecourses side of the supply rather than
southern electric's.

Quite - and whoever left it live probably buggered off long ago...

--
Andy

A recent episode of CSI Miami (made long before the Newbury horse
deaths) used an under beach cable to knock off (as in electrocute) a
mens volley ball team. One wonders where they got the idea from. Or
did reality copy fiction in this case.

There have been many instances where a lightning strike on a playing
field has disabled players, sometimes just stunning them, sometimes
killing them outright. They tend to take lightning storms a bit more
seriously then what we do, they seem to have stronger ones there and
more of them;!.

Hence there are several websites on that very matter in the USA...
--
Tony Sayer