Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted*

Jerry Brown wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:52:01 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article fIxm7.2485$lk6.889155@orpheusnews,
"Felicity S." Fliss@orpheusnet writes:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I'm now burying wires under my yard by the fence to zap the noisy
little **** from next door when he next strays onto my property.
The 'noisy little **** from next door' has a smaller heart, and in any
case its feet are close together; it will be less affected than you.

Some bloke did do that, in order to electrocute next door's cat.
This came to light when the bloke was found on the lawn some days
layer, electrocuted. No harm came to the cat.

I've some to suspect that they can sense it somehow. I'm in South
London where the trains are all third rail and, in nearly 50 years,
I've never seen an electrocuted cat (or dog for that matter) beside
the line.

Not that I'd want to. of course, but I'm just surprised that it never
seems to happen.

They aren't big enough to touch te ground and the third rail together I
suspect. An probably the first bit that does is the whiskers. Imagine
the sensation of 600v up yer whiskers..nope. They would jump straight
over that..

Jerry Brown