Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Francis Burton Francis Burton is offline

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted* - Conductive shoes

In article ,
Mortimer wrote:
Sounds like it was caused by the same Sods Law fairy that caused the chain
of events in Gerard Hoffnung's story about the barrel of bricks being
hoisted up the building.

It's ages since I heard that one - thanks for reminding me.

Nothing to do with thyristors or racehorses but ...

There was another amusing story monologue that I heard at about
the same time - concerning someone who ended up in hospital after
reaching for a hanky in his back pocket with the wrong hand, or
something like that. Probably not Hoffnung. Anyone remember that
one?

Francis