Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc

Default C4 Racing from Newbury - 2 horses *electrocuted*

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:30:30 -0000, Mortimer wrote:

Conversely I've heard that a DC shock of the same voltage and current as
the RMS AC equivalent can more dangerous because the muscles of the hand
will contract permanently around the live object whereas with AC they
will contract on one half-cycle and expand on the next half-cycle,
increasing the chance that the victim will be able to pull his hand
away.

Isn't the grip thing more down to the fact that all muscles can only
contract thus they work in pairs and generally speaking the stronger
muscle of the pair is the one making the grip not releasing it.

I've had a few minor belts off the mains, not to be recomended.

--
Cheers
Dave.