Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RS & Parcelforce

All of the component companies have always done nonsense like that, but I
think that is more down to the morons employed in dispatch, rather than
company policy. RS, and Farnell for that matter, used to send out small
items by Royal Mail, in a Jiffy bag, by default, and for the most part, the
bits arrived in the post, at a predictable time, the next morning when you
needed them, and undamaged.

Couldn't agree more with you Arfa totally on the nail;!...

The shipping policies that both of these
companies have now, for the most part preclude this ever happening any more,
and it is unhelpful to all concerned, including them, because if I can find
an alternative supplier for my orders each time, who will ship them Royal
Mail, then they will get the order, irrespective of whether they are a few
pennies dearer, or charge for shipping.

Yes you can tell them that, but the reply usually is Oh' dear!, your the
only one who's had that problem/complained;(...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RS & Parcelforce, getting seriously OT

There's a lot of rubbish talked about salt.

And food in general. Balance is all. If your body is short of something,
you get hunger and cravings:

Plus we all have different metabolisms, but that doesn't suit the nanny
state. I happen to have good cholesterol despite having an aversion to
anything green, so the BBC can shove five a day (or more) up their arses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
[...]

If a company, large or small, can't muster the resources to send
something out by first class post, they're probably not very resourceful
in other areas of their business either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:03:01 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I think the worse danger is that you then lose chloride ions too fast.

Thought it was the sodium. Get low on sodium (or potassium) and the
nervous sytem starts to misbehave. But you need chlrodes as well...

You are right. Its potassium I should have said, not the chloride bit.
Must be getting old.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

much snipped

Like the renowned monosod. glucamate(SP?) flavor enhacer. Just makes you
want
to consume more, water in the case of salt.

I'm not a great eater of such things, but I find now that prepared
soups
say are often very salty - almost to the point of being uneatable for
me
- esp tinned ones, but also sometimes the chilled ones.

I've found /some/ of the Aldi ones ok.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Some people just lack the capacity to understand, I fear ... :-\

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New & Improved {Was: RS & Parcelforce}

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:04:09 +0100, Phil L wrote:

It's like the dreaded words 'new and improved recipie' on one of your
regular groceries,

Agreed, lates one Cauldron Foods Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages.
Now rubbery and rather too herby in flavour.

The packaging states: "We'd love to know what you think...
addressphone no. or visit our website www.cauldronfoods.co.uk. I
can't find anywhere on the saite that allows you to let them "know
what you think".

"Talk to Us".

http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/talk-to-us/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:04:09 +0100, Phil L wrote:

It's like the dreaded words 'new and improved recipie' on one of your
regular groceries,

Agreed, lates one Cauldron Foods Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages.
Now rubbery and rather too herby in flavour.

The packaging states: "We'd love to know what you think...
addressphone no. or visit our website www.cauldronfoods.co.uk. I
can't find anywhere on the saite that allows you to let them "know
what you think".

--
Cheers
Dave.

I recently bought some faggots from an Irish 'family food' company, that
were on promotion as being new to the market, in my local Co-op store. I've
always loved Brain's frozen faggots as being true to the West Country
recipe, so I thought that I would give these a try. They were the foulest
tasting thing I have ever encountered.

There was an email address on the packaging, inviting customer comments on
this new dish that they had brought to the market. So bad was the product,
and since they were asking, I took the trouble to tell them - not unkindly,
I might add - just what was wrong with the product, and some helpful
suggestions about how they could improve it, if they were ever to seriously
challenge a brand leader such as Brain's. So interested were they in this
feedback, they didn't even bother to acknowledge my email, let alone reply
to it ... Like with RS and Farnell, whilst they might pretend to be
interested in what customers think, it's actually only a PR 'front', and
things will always go on just as they were, until some expensive bought-in
consultant, deems that they are getting it wrong.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message kOj_n.156784$tH4.149064@hurricane, stuart noble
writes
tony sayer wrote:
[...]

Simply not true

I don't use the postal service because there is no "buck stops here"
person I can get straight through to and deal with

If I send out to a customer with royal mail and it disappears, they
don't want to freeze to death for 30 days while waiting to see if itr
has turned up.

I need to be dealing with companies who can deal with problems quickly
and efficiently

In the winter, we are flat out working, there is no mileage to be gained
in saving a customer maybe a couple of quid at a cost to us of probably
£50 or more

I think you need to reassess your idea of how companies function

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:03:01 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I think the worse danger is that you then lose chloride ions too
fast.

Thought it was the sodium. Get low on sodium (or potassium) and the
nervous sytem starts to misbehave. But you need chlrodes as well...

You are right. Its potassium I should have said, not the chloride bit.
Must be getting old.

Good job you don't have a swimming pool, eh ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:39:53 +0100, Rob wrote:

My word. That's one of the worst sites I've seen in a long time.

There seems to be some form of flash detection going on I don't have
flash and it defaults to a very basic text only version, except that
doesn't work at all. Loads of links but all they do is alter the
colour of the links you click to "visited"... it doesn't show you the
content that one might expect from the link you click.

I guess the site is just living up to it's name "Softwa Kryptronic
Hybrid X Core (KHXC) Copyright: 1999-2010 Kryptronic, Inc."

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice
wibbled on Sunday 11 July 2010 15:42

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:39:53 +0100, Rob wrote:

My word. That's one of the worst sites I've seen in a long time.

There seems to be some form of flash detection going on I don't have
flash and it defaults to a very basic text only version, except that
doesn't work at all. Loads of links but all they do is alter the
colour of the links you click to "visited"... it doesn't show you the
content that one might expect from the link you click.

Wonder if you found the "online shop" because that looks as you describe.

I guess the site is just living up to it's name "Softwa Kryptronic
Hybrid X Core (KHXC) Copyright: 1999-2010 Kryptronic, Inc."

Kretinonic Hybrid more like.

I think I will ring them when I get bored enough.

I emailed the web developer and he said, and I quote:

"Thanks for your comments and observations. The entire Lilley site is
currently under a full redesign and will be up and running within 3 to 4
weeks. It will be cms based and without flash which I'm sure you'll
appreciate :-) . There will also eventually be an iphone version which will
follow in the coming months. I still believe that flash has it's place on
the web but not in this instance. It was purely intended as an introduction
to the site but has now outgrown it's usefulness. The ssl cert should still
be valid though and i will check this. Thanks for pointing it out.
I hope that the changes enhance your online experience and look forward to
dealing with you in future. "

Sigh...

What is so stupid is they could have left the original in place which worked
well enough (well enough for me to discover them via Google and well enough
to actually buy stuff)...

It's a recession - you'd think they'd try a bit harder.

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:18:30 +0100, Clot wrote:

The packaging states: "We'd love to know what you think...
addressphone no. or visit our website www.cauldronfoods.co.uk.

can't find anywhere on the saite that allows you to let them "know
what you think".

"Talk to Us".

http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/talk-to-us/

No link to that from the homepage that I can see and a search for
"contact" returns no results. The designer seems to think that
avoiding the use of the word "contact" clever, it's not it just
makes using the sight hard.

The homepage doesn't render at all well and comes from a brain dead
web designer who thinks that content text will always be the size
they set. Font size is under control of the user... so the alignment
of text to the lines on the background drifts and the containers are
not the correct size for the text.

There is no suitable option in the compulsory Subject drop down list
for "Product Feedback", I guess it sort of fits under
"Suggestions/Ideas" in that I suggest they drop the "new, improved"
recipe and go back to the old one.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
[...]

But we're talking here about offering customers the option of sending
small, probably low cost, components out by post. If somebody's boiler
pcb gets lost, that's another matter and, as you say, it isn't worth
trying to save a couple of quid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message Vai_n.123555$m87.99830@hurricane, Arfa Daily
wrote

Are you seriously suggesting that every world class and renowned
Michelin starred chef is wrong ?

You cannot become part of the over-salty food club without being judged
by someone who expects food to be "seasoned" with a ton of salt.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:18:30 +0100, Clot wrote:

The packaging states: "We'd love to know what you think...
addressphone no. or visit our website www.cauldronfoods.co.uk.

can't find anywhere on the saite that allows you to let them "know
what you think".

"Talk to Us".

http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/talk-to-us/

No link to that from the homepage that I can see and a search for
"contact" returns no results.

middle row at the top of the page, right hand side, above the search
box on the page I can see.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:45:07 +0100, chris French wrote:

http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/talk-to-us/

No link to that from the homepage that I can see and a search for
"contact" returns no results.

middle row at the top of the page, right hand side, above the search
box on the page I can see.

Not here.

http://i26.tinypic.com/21mi1pg.jpg

I have a minimum font size set, web "designer" appears to be unaware
that the size of text displayed by a browser is not under their
control but that of the user.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:45:07 +0100, chris French wrote:

http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/talk-to-us/

No link to that from the homepage that I can see and a search for
"contact" returns no results.

middle row at the top of the page, right hand side, above the search
box on the page I can see.

Not here.

http://i26.tinypic.com/21mi1pg.jpg

I have a minimum font size set, web "designer" appears to be unaware
that the size of text displayed by a browser is not under their
control but that of the user.

Sounds like you need a new browser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:45:07 +0100, chris French wrote:

http://cauldronfoods.co.uk/talk-to-us/

No link to that from the homepage that I can see and a search for
"contact" returns no results.

middle row at the top of the page, right hand side, above the search
box on the page I can see.

Not here.

http://i26.tinypic.com/21mi1pg.jpg

I have a minimum font size set, web "designer" appears to be unaware
that the size of text displayed by a browser is not under their
control but that of the user.

This is what I see (In current version of IE, Opera and Firefox on Win
XP):

tp://i26.tinypic.com/n2jz1z.jpg

You appear to be missing the a whole line of links . Not sure that text
size has anything to do with this.

The links are there when the page is displayed without their stylesheet,
so I'm guessing it's maybe related to the way your browser is
interpreting the CSS maybe?
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

On 11 Jul,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

Some people just lack the capacity to understand, I fear ... :-\

Talking about yourself, dear.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bob Eager
saying something like:

Best one was the 5ft fluorescent tubes. Wrapped in extensive bubble wrap
with a label stuck on. No box.

I think they were folded to get them in the van. They were certainly
folded when they arrived.

And saved you all the trouble of waiting for them to burn out and then
recycling them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2010 15:56, Tim Watts wrote:
Dave
[...]

I particularly liked the tag at the bottom of the page - where it said

Copyright (c)2007 Your Company

Sigh!

Adrian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
In message Vai_n.123555$m87.99830@hurricane, Arfa Daily
wrote

Are you seriously suggesting that every world class and renowned Michelin
starred chef is wrong ?

You cannot become part of the over-salty food club without being judged by
someone who expects food to be "seasoned" with a ton of salt.

--
Alan

And another who lacks the capacity ...

"with a ton of salt"

Have you listened to, or understood nothing ? From that stupid comment, I
guess not ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message Vai_n.123555$m87.99830@hurricane, Arfa Daily
writes

"chris French" wrote in message
k...
In message , Arfa Daily
writes

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Arfa Daily
wrote

We actually own a family food business,

That's the problem with too much salt in food. People in the
business are addicted to salt and tasting it all day doesn't give
them salty "hit" so they always add a bit more.

All of which actually shows that you know absolutely nothing about
the production of food, and seasoning it properly ...

The salt cannot be added afterward, because then, what you taste is
salt. Seasoning, as I said, is not about tasting salt in the food. It
is absolute nonsense to suggest that professional and trained cooks
are addicted to salt. It's just that they have a trained palate,

Or maybe they have trained their palates to expect food to taste as
it does when seasoned? They are used to it and therefor it tastes
wrong without it? I'm not saying they are addicted to it, just used
to a certain way of food tasting.

Are you seriously suggesting that every world class and renowned
Michelin starred chef is wrong ?

Wrong? Dunno, I'm just questioning the orthodoxy that adding salt to
food (call it seasoning if you like) 'brings out the flavour'.

Certainly ISTM that limiting the salt you add to your food, seems to
change how much you taste the salt added to food.

Your concept is utterly wrong. You do not taste the salt added to food
during its preparation - unless its use has been heavy handed. The salt
is put in, in *small* and correct quantities to 'bring out' the
flavours of other ingredients, as they combine in the cooking process,
to produce new flavours. It acts as a sort of flavour catalyst, if you
like.

No, I understand exactly what you mean. I didn't say that it mean that
you could consciously taste the salt, just that is the food is always
seasoned with salt that maybe someone gets used to food tasting that
way.

Maybe I'm wrong, it'd be interesting to see evidence on this, but it
doesn't really bother me. I'm happy cooking they way I do, which is the
important thing as far as I'm converned.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:16:04 +0100, Alan
wrote:

Many companies use RS etc. because they can trace the source of the
components

About 20- 30 years that wasn't the case. We had to use Farnell or
other accredited suppliers because RS insisted on remarking all their
semiconductors. When a design specifically needed a Nat Semi 74xx it
was no good fitting an 'RS 74xx' often with no date code. The
propagation timing on some circuit designs was often a bit too
critical, the setting of timing components varied between Nat Semi and
TI so often an identical replacement was justified. Now and again the
requirements even dictated a specific date code or a range of date
codes, others might work but not repeatedly, the spreads on timing
tolerances were such that even with parts from so called good date
codes wouldn't always work in situ.

Sometimes, when the **** hit the fan we'd temporarily have to resort
to the untraceable crap from RS in non critical areas. Now and again
we'd apply toluene to the package and remove the markings to see what
was underneath, often it was nothing, but occasionally it was the full
traceable markings from a major manufacturer.

RS went out of the way to reduce visibility of the source of their
components, maybe it was a marketing thing but it took them decades
before they came into line with everyone else in the industry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 00:49:04 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

At least if the Post Office can't
deliver personally, it's back with them just down the road, by lunchtime.

Maybe that applies for some Post Office customers, for others like me
if its undelivered it's in the system for 48 hours until a personal
collection is possible from the local sorting office. If the missed
delivery is on a Friday then it's going to be Monday before it can be
collected, and not until after 7am where, unless you arrive well ahead
of time, you join a huge queue. A requested redelivery back to the
original address wouldn't arrive until Tuesday. But most of the time
the usual postie signs for it himself, leaves it hidden somewhere and
pops a note through the door.

The local couriers used to be fantastic, DHL was 8:30 am delivery on
the dot by a woman you'd expect to see on the cover of a fashion
magazine, UPS 10:30am , Parcelforce noon to 1pm, Royal Mail postie
regular as clockwork at 2pm except when he's on holiday where
everything goes tits up (see above)

DHL have gone down the ****ter, some of it is a local thing since the
driver changed, the new one is a grumpy bald headed ******* but what
really gets me is when DHL use their 'at home' or whatever they call
delivery to 'non business' addresses. Deliveries by the DHL van now
arrive mid morning, DHL 'at home' from the same bloody supplier on a
split shipment can come at 6pm. Sods law is that the bits in the
later delivery are what you desperately need first.

Arseholes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

However, companies seem to like to have accounts with them for buying
one-offs, modelshop/prototype manufacture, etc. and I've worked for
companies who insist we ordered from RS.

I don't imagine many companies would be using them as a supplier for
a production line though. Certainly, when I worked for a computer
manufacturer some 15 years ago, development staff ordered their bits
from RS, but when products were handed over to the production line,
the production line buyer would source direct from the manufacturers
or distributors.

My experience in those days was much the same. OK for one-offs,
but specifically banned for production.

IIRC, the main problem was that they had no process for back
ordering. If it was in stock, they shipped it. If it was not in
stock they told you. End of.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 10, 9:17*pm, geoff wrote:
In message lEPZn.173226$NW.8404@hurricane, Arfa Daily
writes

Today, I ordered five 8 pin chips from RS. And how are they coming ? By
DHL for christ's sake. Why ? It's coming 10 miles down the road from
Corby. Use the Bloody Post office and a Jiffy bag ! It's gotta be
cheaper than using a courier for small packages, hasn't it ?

I get this all the time "can't you just post it?"

No I f'king can't

Who do you think is going to leave work, go 15 minutes down the road,
stand in a queue behind half a dozen people for another 15 minutes and
then come back having lost all in all about an hour of productive work

Royal Mail colect from regular customers.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Other Mike
wrote

The local couriers used to be fantastic, DHL was 8:30 am delivery on
the dot by a woman you'd expect to see on the cover of a fashion
magazine, UPS 10:30am , Parcelforce noon to 1pm, Royal Mail postie
regular as clockwork at 2pm except when he's on holiday where
everything goes tits up (see above)

The problem with the majority of couriers around my way is the distance
to the local depot. Although I live in a village of approximately
200,000 people the nearest "local courier depot is a round trip of
30miles. With Parcelfarce it's more like 60 miles.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2010 13:30 Tim Watts wrote:

What possesses people to take down a website in order to develop a new one
in place? Where do they get their cretinous web developers who can't develop
offline and then to top it off, can't finish the job?

A bank? Like Egg?

They 'improved' their website over four months ago when they broke the
ability to pay money in using a debit card that wasn't part of the
'Verified by Visa' system. It worked fine before, it doesn't work now.
It works on other sites. They 'think' they might have a fix sometime in
August (2010 I assume).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message UIs_n.120782$wi5.11389@hurricane, Arfa Daily
wrote

"Alan" wrote in message
In message Vai_n.123555$m87.99830@hurricane, Arfa Daily
wrote

Are you seriously suggesting that every world class and renowned
Michelin starred chef is wrong ?

You cannot become part of the over-salty food club without being
judged by someone who expects food to be "seasoned" with a ton of salt.

-- Alan

And another who lacks the capacity ...

"with a ton of salt"

Have you listened to, or understood nothing ? From that stupid comment,
I guess not ...

Nothing stupid about the comment. Watch any the Michelin starred chefs
at work on TV and you will see how extra salt they add to everything.
Look on the side of a supermarket meal where
these same celebrities have lent their name to the brand. See how much
salt they contain.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/07/2010 09:34, chris French wrote:

Certainly ISTM that limiting the salt you add to your food, seems to
change how much you taste the salt added to food.

Your concept is utterly wrong. You do not taste the salt added to food
during its preparation - unless its use has been heavy handed. The
salt is put in, in *small* and correct quantities to 'bring out' the
flavours of other ingredients, as they combine in the cooking process,
to produce new flavours. It acts as a sort of flavour catalyst, if you
like.

I used to think that, until I noticed how much extra salt and pepper my
wife added to the food I cooked. Since then, I have left her to season
food at the table and there has been no rise in the amount of salt she
uses. There is a very good argument about seasoning while cooking
though, but I don't use it.

No, I understand exactly what you mean. I didn't say that it mean that
you could consciously taste the salt, just that is the food is always
seasoned with salt that maybe someone gets used to food tasting that way.

Yes, it is very easy to get lulled into that idea. The older we get, the
more careful I am about limiting the salt in our diet.

Maybe I'm wrong, it'd be interesting to see evidence on this, but it
doesn't really bother me. I'm happy cooking they way I do, which is the
important thing as far as I'm concerned.

Me too. The only naughties I do is to add salt and white pepper to mash
potatoes along with some butter and a drop of full fat milk.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff writes:
I've had what I presume were intact lightbulbs when they were dispatched
from CPC in orders

even the replacements needed replacing

This has become a running joke at work.
Our orders contain lots of things for different people.
First time was many years ago. An order which contained both light
bulbs, and a bulk box of D-cells. The box arrived with the D-cells
obviously all loose, and powdered glass coming out of the box corners.
Many similar incodents since.

I've also had the same fluorescent tube packer. These were quite short
T4 tubes, all wrapped in bubble wrap, and then bound with sellotape
so tightly round the middle that all the tubes were snapped in half.

Also had a delivery including 5 litres windscreen wash concentrate.
Was following it on the UPS tracking, when it suddenly changed state
to "package burst/spilled, returning to sender". I'll bet that was
fun in the back of the UPS van, with all those Amazon orders...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The only naughties I do is to add salt and white pepper to mash
potatoes along with some butter and a drop of full fat milk.

Dave

Decadence
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:

The problem with the majority of couriers around my way is the distance
to the local depot. Although I live in a village of approximately
200,000 people the nearest "local courier depot is a round trip of
30miles. With Parcelfarce it's more like 60 miles.

My son once had a 25 mile drive to get a parcel, then 25 back. Only
when he was checking the packing list did he realise the box was marked
"1 of 2"...

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, Man
at B&Q writes
On Jul 10, 9:17*pm, geoff wrote:
In message lEPZn.173226$NW.8404@hurricane, Arfa Daily
writes

Today, I ordered five 8 pin chips from RS. And how are they coming ? By
DHL for christ's sake. Why ? It's coming 10 miles down the road from
Corby. Use the Bloody Post office and a Jiffy bag ! It's gotta be
cheaper than using a courier for small packages, hasn't it ?

I get this all the time "can't you just post it?"

No I f'king can't

Who do you think is going to leave work, go 15 minutes down the road,
stand in a queue behind half a dozen people for another 15 minutes and
then come back having lost all in all about an hour of productive work

Royal Mail colect from regular customers.

And do you have a telephone number where I can get straight through to
someone who will sort out a non delivery within 10 minutes?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Other Mike
writes
wrote:

[...]

I probably still have ICs kicking around where the part number has been
removed and the 6 digit (as was) RS code stamped on

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:22:18 +0100, F wrote:

On 11/07/2010 13:30 Tim Watts wrote:

What possesses people to take down a website in order to develop a new
one in place? Where do they get their cretinous web developers who
can't develop offline and then to top it off, can't finish the job?

A bank? Like Egg?

They 'improved' their website over four months ago when they broke the
ability to pay money in using a debit card that wasn't part of the
'Verified by Visa' system. It worked fine before, it doesn't work now.
It works on other sites. They 'think' they might have a fix sometime in
August (2010 I assume).

I closed my Egg accounts long ago, and I remember that it was because of
the constantly broken nature of their website.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:07:53 +0100, Alan wrote:

In message , The Other Mike
wrote

The local couriers used to be fantastic, DHL was 8:30 am delivery on
the dot by a woman you'd expect to see on the cover of a fashion
magazine, UPS 10:30am , Parcelforce noon to 1pm, Royal Mail postie
regular as clockwork at 2pm except when he's on holiday where
everything goes tits up (see above)

The problem with the majority of couriers around my way is the distance
to the local depot. Although I live in a village of approximately
200,000 people the nearest "local courier depot is a round trip of
30miles. With Parcelfarce it's more like 60 miles.

Parcelforce round here have recentaly started delivering to the local Post Office when there is no
reply - seems like a sensible option (and no, they don't charge the fee that applies when you
request this service)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/07/2010 18:25, stuart noble wrote:
The only naughties I do is to add salt and white pepper to mash
potatoes along with some butter and a drop of full fat milk.

Dave

Decadence

Yes, but I once went blind in my left eye about 25 or more years ago.
The doctors advised me to go on a low fat diet. I was on one at the time
anyway.

I did this ,until I missed the butter in my life. No problems since though.