Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default New & Improved {Was: RS & Parcelforce}

On 11/07/2010 15:56, Tim Watts wrote:
Dave
wibbled on Sunday 11 July 2010 15:42

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 13:39:53 +0100, Rob wrote:

My word. That's one of the worst sites I've seen in a long time.

There seems to be some form of flash detection going on I don't have
flash and it defaults to a very basic text only version, except that
doesn't work at all. Loads of links but all they do is alter the
colour of the links you click to "visited"... it doesn't show you the
content that one might expect from the link you click.

Wonder if you found the "online shop" because that looks as you describe.

I guess the site is just living up to it's name "Softwa Kryptronic
Hybrid X Core (KHXC) Copyright: 1999-2010 Kryptronic, Inc."

Kretinonic Hybrid more like.

I think I will ring them when I get bored enough.

I emailed the web developer and he said, and I quote:

"Thanks for your comments and observations. The entire Lilley site is
currently under a full redesign and will be up and running within 3 to 4
weeks. It will be cms based and without flash which I'm sure you'll
appreciate :-) . There will also eventually be an iphone version which will
follow in the coming months. I still believe that flash has it's place on
the web but not in this instance. It was purely intended as an introduction
to the site but has now outgrown it's usefulness. The ssl cert should still
be valid though and i will check this. Thanks for pointing it out.
I hope that the changes enhance your online experience and look forward to
dealing with you in future. "

Sigh...

What is so stupid is they could have left the original in place which worked
well enough (well enough for me to discover them via Google and well enough
to actually buy stuff)...

It's a recession - you'd think they'd try a bit harder.

I particularly liked the tag at the bottom of the page - where it said

Copyright (c)2007 Your Company

Sigh!

Adrian