Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default RS & Parcelforce

All of the component companies have always done nonsense like that, but I
think that is more down to the morons employed in dispatch, rather than
company policy. RS, and Farnell for that matter, used to send out small
items by Royal Mail, in a Jiffy bag, by default, and for the most part, the
bits arrived in the post, at a predictable time, the next morning when you
needed them, and undamaged.

Couldn't agree more with you Arfa totally on the nail;!...

The shipping policies that both of these
companies have now, for the most part preclude this ever happening any more,
and it is unhelpful to all concerned, including them, because if I can find
an alternative supplier for my orders each time, who will ship them Royal
Mail, then they will get the order, irrespective of whether they are a few
pennies dearer, or charge for shipping.

Yes you can tell them that, but the reply usually is Oh' dear!, your the
only one who's had that problem/complained;(...
--
Tony Sayer