Martin

Default Champagne mixer basin taps

Got an adapter for my kitchen sink that does the same thing;
Can be adjusted from an aerated stream to a shower type spray.
You can buy them from Lakeland, best thing since the invention of the bread
maker.

Don't know if they have a web site.

Martin.

"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote in message
On holiday in Italy the hotel had a basin with a mixer tap. The water
came out in a stream similar to the "champagne" effect on my shower,
full of bubbles. I guess this is caused by an aerator.

Has anyone seen such taps for sale in the UK? I want it to be a fairly
traditional design, and in gold effect finish.

--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address

ben

parish wrote:
Is this the one?

http://tinyurl.com/gshy

I remember when I visited the US years ago just about every tap (or
faucet as they like to call them) was like this. They're great, you can
turn the tap on full blast and it doesn't splash when you put anything
in the stream.

You quite often get aerated water from the basin taps in places like
motorway service stations and big shopping centres. They feel wonderful
for washing your hands, I just stand there with my hands in the stream
giggling like a little kid.

Incidentally, its not just the US. Everywhere I go, even relatively poor
countries like Portugal, they have aerated water and ceramic valves on
their taps. German visitors seem to find our antiquated water works
particularly amusing.

"parish" parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote in message

I remember when I visited the US years ago just about every tap (or
faucet as they like to call them) was like this. They're great, you can
turn the tap on full blast and it doesn't splash when you put anything
in the stream.

I remember them as a kid in England. We always had one on the kitchen cold
water tap, from about the 60s onwards. Except then it was achieved by a
plastic nozzle, about an inch and half in diameter and 2 inches long, one
pushed onto the tap outlet. The plastic was flexible and slightly pleated
so that one could direct the water flow, which was very convenient, and I
agree about the lack of splashing. We also always thought the aerated water
tasted fresher.

I may be wrong, but I think they were called "Spa Flo".

Barbara

Martin

Yep, that's it.
Having used one, I now wouldn't be without it.

Martin wrote:

Got an adapter for my kitchen sink that does the same thing;
Can be adjusted from an aerated stream to a shower type spray.
You can buy them from Lakeland, best thing since the invention of the

bread
maker.

Don't know if they have a web site.

Is this the one?

http://tinyurl.com/gshy

I remember when I visited the US years ago just about every tap (or
faucet as they like to call them) was like this. They're great, you can
turn the tap on full blast and it doesn't splash when you put anything
in the stream.

Thanks for the pointer.

Regards,

Parish

Martin.

"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote in message
On holiday in Italy the hotel had a basin with a mixer tap. The water
came out in a stream similar to the "champagne" effect on my shower,
full of bubbles. I guess this is caused by an aerator.

Has anyone seen such taps for sale in the UK? I want it to be a fairly
traditional design, and in gold effect finish.

--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address

TC

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:22:31 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote:

On holiday in Italy the hotel had a basin with a mixer tap. The water
came out in a stream similar to the "champagne" effect on my shower,
full of bubbles. I guess this is caused by an aerator.

Has anyone seen such taps for sale in the UK? I want it to be a fairly
traditional design, and in gold effect finish.

They are available in many cases you can remove (unscrew) the nozzle
form the end of the spout and replace it with an aeration nozzle. It
seems only the mostup market taps in this country come with them as
standard.

You can buy them for about €3.00 in any French DIY store. Beware if
you don't have a pressurised system as they don't work at all well on
low pressure; you' might just get a dribble and the water won't mix if
the pressure isn't balanced. I get away with them in my house as the
header tank's just about high enough to give me 0.5 bar. When I've got
the pump going, they'll be just fine.

Cheers,

TC

parish

Martin wrote:

Yep, that's it.
Having used one, I now wouldn't be without it.

I wish this thread had happened three months ago. The plastic diffuser
on our kitchen tap sheared off when I was unscrewing it to descale it.
After a couple of weeks trying to find a replacement (I found the exact
same tap in Homebase but couldn't find who made it) I gave up and
Araldited the bit of the old one back onto the tap.

I'm now debating if I can remove it, especially get all the Araldite out
of the threads, so I can fit one of these.