TC

Default Champagne mixer basin taps

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:22:31 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

"Nigel Mercier ®" wrote:

On holiday in Italy the hotel had a basin with a mixer tap. The water
came out in a stream similar to the "champagne" effect on my shower,
full of bubbles. I guess this is caused by an aerator.

Has anyone seen such taps for sale in the UK? I want it to be a fairly
traditional design, and in gold effect finish.

They are available in many cases you can remove (unscrew) the nozzle
form the end of the spout and replace it with an aeration nozzle. It
seems only the mostup market taps in this country come with them as
standard.

You can buy them for about €3.00 in any French DIY store. Beware if
you don't have a pressurised system as they don't work at all well on
low pressure; you' might just get a dribble and the water won't mix if
the pressure isn't balanced. I get away with them in my house as the
header tank's just about high enough to give me 0.5 bar. When I've got
the pump going, they'll be just fine.

Cheers,

TC