Default Champagne mixer basin taps

"parish" parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote in message

I remember when I visited the US years ago just about every tap (or
faucet as they like to call them) was like this. They're great, you can
turn the tap on full blast and it doesn't splash when you put anything
in the stream.

I remember them as a kid in England. We always had one on the kitchen cold
water tap, from about the 60s onwards. Except then it was achieved by a
plastic nozzle, about an inch and half in diameter and 2 inches long, one
pushed onto the tap outlet. The plastic was flexible and slightly pleated
so that one could direct the water flow, which was very convenient, and I
agree about the lack of splashing. We also always thought the aerated water
tasted fresher.

I may be wrong, but I think they were called "Spa Flo".

Barbara