Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Router - and rebating

I've asked questions before about routers and had some very useful responses
which I shall peruse again on google.

This is a rather specific question:

I need to rebate a load of architrave so it sits cleanly over the plaster
which is higher in places than the door frame, and also sits tight to the
door frame. I can caulk between the architrave and wall but not between the
architrave and the frame as the wood's on show. Need to rebate between
2-5mm or so over about a 40-50mm width (sounds like several passes).

Would a job like this demand a router table or is it a case of clamping the
wood down to a bench and using the router in hand held mode with its own
fence guiding it along the wood.

Architrave is 2.1m max by 70mm wide by 15mm thick (or less - it's
chamfered).

I ask, because I can choose a decent router fairly easily but choosing a
table is something I'd rather put off for a bit

I'm probably going for a lower end Trend. This will be the first of many
jobs.

Cheers

Tim

Router Table -- securing drop in plate/router assembly? John L. Poole Woodworking 16 July 14th 06 04:39 PM
Rebating hinges? T i m UK diy 59 May 6th 06 12:28 AM
Rebating a hole in my decking to fit lights [email protected] Home Repair 5 January 18th 06 10:23 AM
Has anyone used pat Warners offset router base in the Dewalt DW621 or other router [email protected] Woodworking 15 July 10th 04 05:36 AM
Can one use the Dremel Advantage Plunge Router Attachment (Model 963-01) with Standard Router Bits? Adriaan Sachtler Woodworking 1 January 20th 04 01:33 AM