Default Has anyone used pat Warners offset router base in the Dewalt DW621 or other router

I just bougt a DW621 router and was wondering if anyone has used Pat
Warners offset base. Also has anyone actually tried to make one of
these bases.
patrick conroy

wrote in message

I just bougt a DW621 router and was wondering if anyone has used Pat
Warners offset base. Also has anyone actually tried to make one of
these bases.

I have a couple of his bases for the 690. (a) His prices are reasonable, the
quality superb. (b) I like patronizing small shops like his.

Mike in Mystic

I have round and offset bases for my PC 690, as well as my DeWalt 618B3
router (the 3 is for the 3 bases it comes with). I have a round and offset
for both the fixed and plunge bases. I also bought his edge guide for the
PC 690 and it is wonderful.

I couldn't recommend his products to you enough, and as the others have
said, Pat is a great person to do business with.

Mike

wrote in message
I just bougt a DW621 router and was wondering if anyone has used Pat
Warners offset base. Also has anyone actually tried to make one of
these bases.

toller

I bought a used router that had one on it.

I like it for what I paid for it (nothing) but wouldn't pay full price for
it. There are a few applications in which it does give better stability,
but just as many where it is simply in the way; so unless you have two
router or want to be changing it...

Brian

Actually I just received the DW621 offset and circular bases from Warner a
couple weeks ago. I like both of them. I thought about making one, too.
His appears to be CNC milled and is incredibly clean. Acrylic is relatively
cheap though, and you could screw up many times before you get it right and
probably still save some money in the end. But I opted to avoid the
headache.

Brian.

wrote in message
I just bougt a DW621 router and was wondering if anyone has used Pat
Warners offset base. Also has anyone actually tried to make one of
these bases.

CW

I've never used Pat's base but I have one that I made. Works great.

wrote in message
I just bougt a DW621 router and was wondering if anyone has used Pat
Warners offset base. Also has anyone actually tried to make one of
these bases.

charlie b

Brian wrote:

Actually I just received the DW621 offset and circular bases from Warner a
couple weeks ago. I like both of them. I thought about making one, too.
His appears to be CNC milled and is incredibly clean. Acrylic is relatively
cheap though, and you could screw up many times before you get it right and
probably still save some money in the end. But I opted to avoid the
headache.

Two countersunk holes at fairly precise locations, the hole for the
bit
as close to perfectly centered on the bit's long axis centerline as
well as a constant radius semicircle, also centered precisely on
half
of the outside edge - not trivial to do. If you're going to make
one
that allows using router collars things get even harder. This kind
of precision is normally in the skills sets of most woodworkers.

Spend the money and use all the time and frustration you've skipped
to make something nice with wood.

charlie b

Mark Jerde

Gary DeWitt wrote:

I have not used the base, but have built a very good fence to his
design. In fact, after seeing it for sale on his site I emailed him
and asked if plans were available. He directed me to the past issue of
FWW, which I aquired and built to. I consider this rather gracious,
since Pat unselfishly gave up a sale to help me out.

Those of us who believe in "What goes around, comes around" (*) know that
you have to do things like that from time to time. g

-- Mark

(*) Sowing & Reaping for the Biblically inclined.

patrick conroy

"Gary DeWitt" wrote in message
om...

FWW, which I aquired and built to. I consider this rather gracious,
since Pat unselfishly gave up a sale to help me out.

With my experience w. Mr. Warner, I'm not surprised.
Strikes me as a "class act".

Brian

You're right, I don't. Poor wording. But I assume if he does reasonable
volume, he has access to CNC machinery. I used to do alot of acrylic work
with people in the aquarium industry, and it paid to farm out to CNC
operators.

Brian.

wrote in message
I just bougt a DW621 router and was wondering if anyone has used Pat
Warners offset base. Also has anyone actually tried to make one of
these bases.

Jim Wilson

Jay Knepper wrote...
And did you use CNC or conventional milling?

I've made a few router bases (including two in acrylic). My first ones
were made years ago using only woodworking tools. They worked well
enough.

On the last four or five, I used a manual mill (the only kind I own -- so
far! (G)). On the mill, it is easy to locate the holes accurately enough,
especially with the DRO. The drill press can be pressed into service for
the job, but it requires much greater skill and care to achieve the
desired accuracy.

Cheers!

Jim