charlie b

Default Has anyone used pat Warners offset router base in the Dewalt DW621 or other router

Brian wrote:

Actually I just received the DW621 offset and circular bases from Warner a
couple weeks ago. I like both of them. I thought about making one, too.
His appears to be CNC milled and is incredibly clean. Acrylic is relatively
cheap though, and you could screw up many times before you get it right and
probably still save some money in the end. But I opted to avoid the
headache.

Two countersunk holes at fairly precise locations, the hole for the
bit
as close to perfectly centered on the bit's long axis centerline as
well as a constant radius semicircle, also centered precisely on
half
of the outside edge - not trivial to do. If you're going to make
one
that allows using router collars things get even harder. This kind
of precision is normally in the skills sets of most woodworkers.

Spend the money and use all the time and frustration you've skipped
to make something nice with wood.

charlie b