Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ouch- eletrocution

http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5
£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Heard about this yesterday, just hadn't had chance to see it yet.

At least it was a quick way to go (not that i'm sure it was what he
had in mind...)

Chargrilled steak anyone ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

I love it when all his mates leg it instead of attempting to help - not that
they prolly could, but you would try.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 16:47:21 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5
£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Heard about this yesterday, just hadn't had chance to see it yet.

At least it was a quick way to go (not that i'm sure it was what he
had in mind...)

Chargrilled steak anyone ?

Curried, of course. Amazing that he touched it twice.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

(you have to love the "Videos you'll also enjoy" below)

Mate sent it to me in email this morning, a slightly longer version.
You have to wonder what was going through his mind (before it got fried)

What was the voltage? 25kV?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:09:33 +0100 someone who may be PeterC
wrote this:-

Curried, of course. Amazing that he touched it twice.

He may not have wanted to touch the line twice. It is also not clear
that the second contact involved the same part.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:10:47 +0100 someone who may be Mike Tomlinson
wrote this:-

What was the voltage? 25kV?

Looks likely. The first electrification schemes in India were 1500V
DC and I believe this still exists in a few places (or they have
recently been changed to 25kV). There were then a few at 3000V DC,
but these have been replaced. However, since the 1960s 25kV AC has
been used and all lines will be/have been converted to this.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth"
saying something like:

http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Smokin'!

**** slow and buggy site - liveleak's better
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc0_1243424473
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 15:11:45 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Yes OK stupid, but still horrific !

Andy C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Pretty sick snuff movie really.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:10:47 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

You have to wonder what was going through his mind (before it got fried)

A few amps, at a guess.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Curried, of course. Amazing that he touched it twice.

He may not have wanted to touch the line twice. It is also not clear
that the second contact involved the same part.

Doesn't the first hit throw the contact breaker and then it reconnects in
case it's a spurious fault?

I would like to know how to snatch this video in case it is allowable as a
pts training video.

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Testing testing 123

Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Its how the poor travel

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Not been to India, have you ?

I love it when all his mates leg it instead of attempting to help - not that
they prolly could, but you would try.

They all wanted to be the first to get the video on YouTube

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Testing testing 123

Shamelessly following up on my own post

Does anyone know what Error 441 might be?

I can read, but have been unable to post to NGs today

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

I would bet it happens quite regularly in poorer countries where people
travel on train roofs.

I would also doubt there is a quicker death.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 20:11:58 +0100 someone who may be andrew
wrote this:-

Doesn't the first hit throw the contact breaker and then it reconnects in
case it's a spurious fault?

I don't know about railways on the sub-continent, but I understand
that in the UK circuit breakers are left open for a few minutes to
see if something is reported [1] and only then do the control staff
try and close it. I imagine something similar is done there too,
though in view of the large distances there may be automatic
reclosure.

I would like to know how to snatch this video in case it is allowable as a
pts training video.

It will be possible, though I don't have time to look into it.

[1] though when electrification telephones were replaced by NRN I
imagine that getting a message to the electrical control staff
became a longer process, though one which can be initiated from more
places.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 21:27:19 +0100 someone who may be geoff
wrote this:-

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Not been to India, have you ?

The background would be interesting. It obviously wasn't a busy
train, people were not hanging out of the doors.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-06-06, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Allow? You've not been to India, have you? That was a quiet, clean,
well organised station by Indian standards.

Doesn't matter if I've been there or not. Allowing people to travel on the
roof of a train is a ****ing stupid idea anywhere in the world.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:46:46 +0100, PeterC wrote:

I wondere if the line was DC, but when he stood up he was close to the
line and then he had to touch it so...

Others have mentioned DC or AC at 25kV. How far will 25Kv jump in dry air?
Note jump not sustain an arc once it has started.

The sound is of two bangs. Other arcs that I've seen on youtube etc on AC
systems have a definate buzz sound. Of course the explosive vaporisation
of body fluids will make quite a bang and could mask any AC buzz.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-06-06, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.
Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Allow? You've not been to India, have you? That was a quiet, clean,
well organised station by Indian standards.

Doesn't matter if I've been there or not. Allowing people to travel on the
roof of a train is a ****ing stupid idea anywhere in the world.

Stopping 200 million of them is even stupider..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Curried, of course. Amazing that he touched it twice.

He may not have wanted to touch the line twice. It is also not clear
that the second contact involved the same part.

Doesn't the first hit throw the contact breaker and then it reconnects in
case it's a spurious fault?

I would like to know how to snatch this video in case it is allowable as a
pts training video.

AJH

There is a Convert Video link below this one
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc0_1243424473

this will allow you to download it to a file.

Toby...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2009-06-06, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.
Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?
Allow? You've not been to India, have you? That was a quiet, clean,
well organised station by Indian standards.

Doesn't matter if I've been there or not. Allowing people to travel
on the roof of a train is a ****ing stupid idea anywhere in the
world.

Stopping 200 million of them is even stupider..

Only 199,999,999 now :-)

Most of the world thinks its a bad idea. They seem to have stopped 300
million Americans & 700 million Europeans doing it OK.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:39:03 +0100 (BST) someone who may be "Dave
Liquorice" wrote this:-

Others have mentioned DC or AC at 25kV. How far will 25Kv jump in dry air?

Not very far. However, there is a difference between laboratory
conditions, where such things are measured using precise devices,
and the outside world where safety distances are set [1].

I was surprised by how close he got to the line without an arc, but
it was presumably dry air.

[1] in the outside world the energised conductor and thing near it
may be moving, as well as the air and the ground being damp. There
is also the question of voltage gradients in the ground.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:46:46 +0100, PeterC wrote:

I wondere if the line was DC, but when he stood up he was close to the
line and then he had to touch it so...

Others have mentioned DC or AC at 25kV. How far will 25Kv jump in dry air?
Note jump not sustain an arc once it has started.

The sound is of two bangs. Other arcs that I've seen on youtube etc on AC
systems have a definate buzz sound. Of course the explosive vaporisation
of body fluids will make quite a bang and could mask any AC buzz.

25kv will just about jump a spark plug gap/.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Not been to India, have you ?

The background would be interesting. It obviously wasn't a busy
train, people were not hanging out of the doors.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that folk were trying to talk him down and he
wasn't having any of it. Looked like a very deliberate suicide.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Sad that it's perfectly legal to download and watch this clip, yet a similar
clip of young children running around on a beach would put you behind bars.
One where someone dies is perfectly ok, yet the other of children enjoying
themselves is not. It's a weird world of strange values.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 09:46:46 +0100, PeterC wrote:

I wondere if the line was DC, but when he stood up he was close to the
line and then he had to touch it so...

Others have mentioned DC or AC at 25kV. How far will 25Kv jump in dry air?
Note jump not sustain an arc once it has started.

The sound is of two bangs. Other arcs that I've seen on youtube etc on AC
systems have a definate buzz sound. Of course the explosive vaporisation
of body fluids will make quite a bang and could mask any AC buzz.

I seem to recall 30kV per centimetre between pointed electrodes from way
way back. Don't know if this is correct or my memory has gone out of
calibration over the years! lol
Obviously humidity will make a big difference so I suspect my figure
would have been in dry air.
Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Not been to India, have you ?

The background would be interesting. It obviously wasn't a busy
train, people were not hanging out of the doors.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that folk were trying to talk him down and he
wasn't having any of it. Looked like a very deliberate suicide.

Tim

Did you see the guy in China that was threatening to jump off a bridge and a
member of the public climbed up and shoved him?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Most of the world thinks its a bad idea. They seem to have stopped
300 million Americans & 700 million Europeans doing it OK.

I've told you a trillion times about exaggerating.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:12:36 GMT, ARWadsworth wrote:

wrote this:-

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Not been to India, have you ?

The background would be interesting. It obviously wasn't a busy
train, people were not hanging out of the doors.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that folk were trying to talk him down and he
wasn't having any of it. Looked like a very deliberate suicide.

Tim

Did you see the guy in China that was threatening to jump off a bridge and a
member of the public climbed up and shoved him?

Adam

Yes, it was on YouTube.

Like India, they have plenty to spare.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:26:05 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Sad that it's perfectly legal to download and watch this clip, yet a similar
clip of young children running around on a beach would put you behind bars.
One where someone dies is perfectly ok, yet the other of children enjoying
themselves is not. It's a weird world of strange values.

Unless it's for training purposes in a catholic [in]seminary.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

Did you see the guy in China that was threatening to jump off a bridge and a
member of the public climbed up and shoved him?

Yes, I thought "good on you mate!" The backstory is that the bridge was
a popular spot for suicides and the traffic was stopped each time
someone decided to do themselves in, and the travelling public were
getting fed up with all the delays.

I've always though that those who jump off bridges, in front of trains,
etc. are selfish *******s. Someone's gotta clean up the mess, and I
feel sorry for train drivers that have that happen to them.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.
(")_(") http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/windows_7.png

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:54:51 +0100 someone who may be Mike Tomlinson
wrote this:-

I've always though that those who jump off bridges, in front of trains,
etc. are selfish *******s.

They are in so much mental turmoil that they want to kill
themselves. That is extremely sad and calling them selfish doesn't
help improve things.

Someone's gotta clean up the mess, and I
feel sorry for train drivers that have that happen to them.

Sympathising for those who are involved does not mean that one
should not also have sympathy for the disturbed too.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message m, Davey
writes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPRM1BfxKL0

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , David Hansen
writes

However, since the 1960s 25kV AC has
been used and all lines will be/have been converted to this.

Thank you.

Since the body is mostly water, that's gonna be a hell of a current. In
that clip, there's a bright reddish flash surrounding the body as he
touches the wire. I wonder: is that a camera artifact, or would someone
there have actually seen it?

--
(\__/)

Ouch! DGDevin Woodworking 0 September 2nd 08 01:29 AM
Ouch Robatoy Woodworking 33 May 7th 07 04:57 PM
Ouch! dustyone Woodturning 7 November 26th 06 02:23 PM
ouch! Mike in Arkansas Woodworking 5 October 22nd 06 06:49 PM