Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 20:11:58 +0100 someone who may be andrew
wrote this:-

Doesn't the first hit throw the contact breaker and then it reconnects in
case it's a spurious fault?

I don't know about railways on the sub-continent, but I understand
that in the UK circuit breakers are left open for a few minutes to
see if something is reported [1] and only then do the control staff
try and close it. I imagine something similar is done there too,
though in view of the large distances there may be automatic
reclosure.

I would like to know how to snatch this video in case it is allowable as a
pts training video.

It will be possible, though I don't have time to look into it.

[1] though when electrification telephones were replaced by NRN I
imagine that getting a message to the electrical control staff
became a longer process, though one which can be initiated from more
places.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh