Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS (Was UK RICS report says solar takes 208 years torepay...nonsense!Helpneeded!)

"geoff" wrote

Well, I happen to be married to a moslem, I'm OK

I can come and laugh when they come and bumrape you

You really don't have a clue, do you..... sigh
plonk again!

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"no spam" wrote
Lost only because he had gone nuts and failed to follow sound tactics.
His switching from bombing military bases to bombing London just because
he was upset.

IIRC, Shirer and Churchill were both utterly baffled by this, and knew
Hitler was a loon.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Default OT GUNS

In message , no spam
writes

That is not the standard issue weapon for officers in most police
departments unless they are on a SWAT team.

He is the SWAT sniper; he can make a child kidnapper's head explode
like a firecracker at 400 yards. :-)

Not to be flippant but big honk! With a little training many, most?, people
can hit a head sized target at 400 yds. with a modern rifle. There are a
lot of people out there who hit prairie dogs at that range.

Aah - at least the dogs over in septicland seem to have the right idea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7068549.stm

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

In message , Jim
writes
just had "American Nightmare" on BBC2 - looks like 2 million septics
are
going to lose their homes over this sub prime fiasco

Jim, Ron - better get those fortifications sorted - they'll be over the
wall and raping your mum before you know it

Shouldn't be a problem - they probably live in trailers.....

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with 3
acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....

... should provide plenty of accommodation for the dispossessed when they
steal your house at gunpoint then

What are the dispossessed? People who have been through an exorcism? Do
you in fact have functioning neurons?

Those who lose their homes - they really will be coming to get you ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"no spam" wrote in message
. net...

Perhaps we shouldn't have given all those guns and bombs to
Britain when Churchill requested them.....

You didn't. You sold them to us on credit at a crippling rate of
interest.

Be glad of it too, orer du bist eine Deutschlander......
The Americans saved Europe's ass and they want to bitch about
it.....

Actually, they didn't. As far as Herr Hitler was concerned the Russians
won the European war. the only reason Churchill wanted you involved,
was to stop the REST of Europe becoming RUSSIAN. As it was they got
nearly half of it.

You might want to read a little more history.
At one point before the US tossed the Laws of Land Warfare in the trash
and started pumping supplies into it, the UK was down to, IIRC, about 6
months worth of food.

Nope. The UK had imported US wheat and other food before WW2. The US
thinking of stopping the supply. The UK could have grown its own food,
which it started to do. US wheat was convenient as the system was geared
up for it.

The biggest thing that saved the UK

Saved the UK. Here we go......another one....

was the fact that Hitler had gone totally nuts by the time the "Battle
for Britain" started.

...I told you all...

He could have crippled the RAF in a few weeks

He tried and lost it was called the Battle of Britain.

Lost only because he had gone nuts and failed to follow sound tactics.
His switching from bombing military bases to bombing London just because
he was upset.

You are clearly barking mad.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"no spam" wrote in message
news

For tolerating a situation where there is a need to carry around a
lethal
weapon as part of everyday life because an employer doesn't make proper
security arrangements, absolutely.

I was referring to you as the idiot.
Why is it always =someone= else's duty to ensure =your= safety?
plonk

That is why you pay taxes. Notice, apart from the odd plantpot, all the
people from the UK on this thread are firmly against guns and the police
being armed. While the Americans are the opposite. Why? Because our
society doesn't need them for us to walk around safely. If your society
entails that you need a gun to safely go to the shops for some milk, then
start looking at your society and aim to change it at the root level.
Aim for the best.

Again pointing out the different mind sets.

You are clearly barking mad

snip drivel

Bring your guns over here and you get 5 years. Just what the likes of you
need. I'm proud of our laws.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"Jim" wrote in message
t...

"Jim" wrote in message
t...

On 2007-10-29 19:47:13 +0000, geoff said:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
geoff wrote:
In message , Ron Purvis
writes
It's about freedom, and giving it to all, including former
slaves and
their now psychopathic fifth generation of freed children........

You are just as stupid as the other guys. There is no more excuse
for that
kind of bigotry than the the rabid anti-Americanism that is so
prevalent on
this forum.

a) it's not a forum, it's a newsgroup
b) it's not rabid, it's just the natural dislike of Septics

"over paid, over sexed and over here"

Nothing has changed ;-)

just had "American Nightmare" on BBC2 - looks like 2 million septics
are going to lose their homes over this sub prime fiasco

Jim, Ron - better get those fortifications sorted - they'll be over the
wall and raping your mum before you know it

Shouldn't be a problem - they probably live in trailers.....

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with 3
acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....

PS- I paid cash.

Being tat cheap we all pay that with spare change.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:13 +0000, "no spam" said:

It could be if you have allowed there to be a gun culture in the first
place. Undoubtedly if low yield tactical nuclear weapons were allowed
to the average man in the street, you would be making a case for those as
well.

I feel the need to point out to you that while nuke weapons are illegal in
the US it is legal to own cannons.

I don't think you hear much about cannon crime do you?

It's not that surprising when the president is unable to say "nuclear".

The question really becomes one of whether the average person carries a
gun (or for that matter any other weapon) as part of their daily life
because of a perceived need to defend themselves against criminals, or
whether criminals are carrying such items in order to be able to ply their
trade when their victims are equipped to that level.

Criminals are, for the most part, cowards. They want victims that are not
able and not willing to fight back. In areas where the people have shown
that they are neither the crime rate is rather low. You will note that in
areas where the opposite is true crime is very high. This is true if the
way the people are fighting back is by demanding that there be a cop on
every street corner and a CCT camera on every light pole or if it is by
using physical means to protect themselves. If you want to be safe and live
in a nearly crime free environment all you have to do is take most
individual freedom from people and give the police great powers. Once a
criminal knows that his criminal actions are going to cause him pain he
will, usually, stop.

You actually don't need to do either.

The major problem with this is the fact that once you start down that road
its dang hard to slow down the government's control. Once you are safe from
the criminals the government suddenly discovers that you are a threat to
youself and therefore it must protect you from yourself. Then you get it
telling you what medical care you should have, what saftey equipment you
should wear, what activites you are forbiden to do. At some point you will
find that it may start telling you what job you should have and where you
may live.

I have seen it in my life time. If you had told me a few years ago that I
would be forced to have my kid wear a helmet when he rode his bike I'd
thought you were nuts. If you had told me that the government would be able
to tell me what kind of toilet I could put in my water closet (do you still
use that term?) or shower head in my shower I would have suggested you stop
reading all those 'who really shot JFK' books. More and more the government
is 'protecting' us from ourselves. I ask; At what cost to us?

In that respect I agree with you, except that it is not a case of all
or nothing in either direction

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:13 +0000, "no spam" said:

For tolerating a situation where there is a need to carry around a
lethal
weapon as part of everyday life because an employer doesn't make proper
security arrangements, absolutely.

I was referring to you as the idiot.
Why is it always =someone= else's duty to ensure =your= safety?
plonk

That is why you pay taxes. Notice, apart from the odd plantpot, all the
people from the UK on this thread are firmly against guns and the police
being armed. While the Americans are the opposite. Why? Because our
society doesn't need them for us to walk around safely. If your society
entails that you need a gun to safely go to the shops for some milk, then
start looking at your society and aim to change it at the root level. Aim
for the best.

Again pointing out the different mind sets. In the UK you want someone to
take care of and protect you.

No I don't.

In the US we want to be able to take care of
and protect ourselves.

Of course, but there are many ways to do that.

In the UK mind set you have to have a nearly all powerful government.

We don't *have* to have that.

One
that watches you like big brother and has to power to tell you what you need
and don't need. If you like that fine but don't be so pig headed to realize
that some people don't want to live that way.

Very few people like to live like that. You are imagining a situation
which doesn't actually exist, although I agree that there should always
be less government.

As for me, I'm an independent type.

Likewise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:12 +0000, "no spam" said:

Must be nice to have be a nurse there with a full time body guard following
you around. That would be about the only way to make sure that a person was
never a victim of a violent crime.

The real solution would be to reflect and ask yourself why the violent
crime is happening in the first place.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:12 +0000, "no spam" said:

Must be nice to have be a nurse there with a full time body guard
following
you around. That would be about the only way to make sure that a
person was
never a victim of a violent crime.

The real solution would be to reflect and ask yourself why the violent
crime is happening in the first place.

Don't ever ask that question, to answer it would force them to
re-examine every falsehood they been fed
by the rapid right talking heads.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Jim wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
t...
On 2007-10-29 19:47:13 +0000, geoff said:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
geoff wrote:
[...]

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower

"no spam" wrote in message
. net...

Even today the laws are used to make sure that the poor underclass (read
intercity minorities) as easy targets for criminals.

The innercity minorities =are= the criminals. Don't you watch the
news? Why do you think we have 'white flight'? Because the laws do NOT
prevent them from having guns...... duh.

Better read the laws once again. NYC, DC, LA, and almost many major city
in the US has laws to make owing a firearm very difficult, if not
impossible. Any yet these cities are the ones with the highest crime
rates. For some reason it seems that criminals don't follow these laws.
Strange huh?

And every one of them has over a decade of declining population.
As a result of the crime and mayham.....
NYC being an unsual ,exception in that it is a port of entry.
So that the decline is seen more in the number of long term residents than
new faces.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....

PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Jim wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
t...
On 2007-10-29 19:47:13 +0000, geoff said:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
geoff wrote:
[...]

If you live in Malibu or some of the other high dollar real estate
area...that may well be less than his 250K
rural house.
I have literally seen Doctors chose a cow pasture over a lot in a Country
Club addition.Do just that...
The doctor ended up with more house ,tennis courts,etc. and less tax burden
as well .

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Seem some farmers spend 2M for 2500ft house and a 20 acre chicken farm.
The 1million chickens a year would easily cover the note......... even if
you borrowed.

Can't remember very many 2M big city houses, that look like they could pay
for themselves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 06:34:36 +0000, "Arnold Walker"

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Seem some farmers spend 2M for 2500ft house and a 20 acre chicken farm.
The 1million chickens a year would easily cover the note......... even if
you borrowed.

Can't remember very many 2M big city houses, that look like they could pay
for themselves.

From where did you get the idea of "big city"? Here, places "in
the country" are often more expensive than in the towns. Also,
cities are relatively few in number and are designated as such broadly
on merit rather than size or because they feel like calling themselves
one.

The farm is not a free ride. It requires some input of work, even if
it's only managing others to do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Jim wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
t...
On 2007-10-29 19:47:13 +0000, geoff said:

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
geoff wrote:
[...]

We know...and what a mess that ended up!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country
with 3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Ah well, but so are uk house prices. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 15:11:43 +0000, Steve Cothran said:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:41:38 -0400, "Ron Purvis"
wrote:

S. According to
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita you
can see that the UK is number 13 for rapes in the world, which is only 4
places down from the US. Doesn't seem like you are a whole safer than the US
when you look at the number of rapes per capita.

Look at that same site burglaries per capita. UK is almost twice US.
Maybe the prospect of getting killed by a homeowner is a deterrent.

For that to have any meaning, one would need to look at demographics of
how many people to a dwelling, type of dwellig etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Ah well, but so are uk house prices. ;-)

Although even that seems to depend on which report one reads

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:12 +0000, "no spam" said:

Must be nice to have be a nurse there with a full time body guard
following
you around. That would be about the only way to make sure that a person
was
never a victim of a violent crime.

The real solution would be to reflect and ask yourself why the violent
crime is happening in the first place.

But what to do in the mean time whilst one ponders?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:12 +0000, "no spam" said:

Must be nice to have be a nurse there with a full time body guard
following
you around. That would be about the only way to make sure that a person
was
never a victim of a violent crime.

The real solution would be to reflect and ask yourself why the violent
crime is happening in the first place.

Don't ever ask that question, to answer it would force them to re-examine
every falsehood they been fed
by the rapid right talking heads.

And the dimwitted leftists too.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

You can all sit smugly across the pond and laugh, but we are not going
down the toilet alone. If you believe that, you have a double-digit IQ.
Better start learning Chinese......

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"Arnold Walker" wrote
If you live in Malibu or some of the other high dollar real estate
area...that may well be less than his 250K
rural house.
I have literally seen Doctors chose a cow pasture over a lot in a Country
Club addition.Do just that...
The doctor ended up with more house ,tennis courts,etc. and less tax
burden as well .

Yeah, the freaking taxes here are murder. I can't believe it; I knew I
was getting one of the nicest houses in the area, but DAMN! the tax bill is
ludicrous. Apparently, this is considered to be living high on the hog. But
it does have everything I could possibly want and it's right near the
grandkids! :-)

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Seem some farmers spend 2M for 2500ft house and a 20 acre chicken farm.
The 1million chickens a year would easily cover the note......... even if
you borrowed.

Can't remember very many 2M big city houses, that look like they could pay
for themselves.

I have lived in a very large house, several million dollars worth today
I'm sure, and it is just too big. Place had 11 bathrooms inside, and three
outside (garage for gardener, and men's and ladies bath-houses by pool)
Plus, it makes you a big fat target for people who wanna steal yer stuff.
That's what got me started carrying guns in the first place!

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

wrote:

S. According to
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita
you
can see that the UK is number 13 for rapes in the world, which is only 4
places down from the US. Doesn't seem like you are a whole safer than
the US
when you look at the number of rapes per capita.

Look at that same site burglaries per capita. UK is almost twice US.
Maybe the prospect of getting killed by a homeowner is a deterrent.

For that to have any meaning, one would need to look at demographics of
how many people to a dwelling, type of dwellig etc.

Since you are the one trying to gloss over it by referring to the
circumstances that prove your point, why not prove your point w/facts and
figures.
The UK is a mess; we're not stupid over here, we can read =your= papers
and see it for ourselves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"Jim" wrote in message

The UK is a mess; we're not stupid over here,

It is clear you are a very stupid person.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:12 +0000, "no spam" said:

Must be nice to have be a nurse there with a full time body guard
following
you around. That would be about the only way to make sure that a person
was
never a victim of a violent crime.

The real solution would be to reflect and ask yourself why the violent
crime is happening in the first place.

Don't ever ask that question, to answer it would force them to re-examine
every falsehood they been fed
by the rapid right talking heads.

And the dimwitted leftists too.....

Ask yourself why the USA ranks below other western countries in so many
categories that have ample social programs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

Jim wrote:

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....

PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

You can all sit smugly across the pond and laugh, but we are not going
down the toilet alone. If you believe that, you have a double-digit IQ.
Better start learning Chinese......

The Chinese are in just as much trouble, they own most of the US debt,
which is becoming less valuable everyday.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

wrote:

[...]

The purpose of newspapers is to sell newspapers, not to give a balanced
view on anything.

So don't expect me to believe that that gives you any kind of balanced
view on anything.

We are suffereing fom a well menaing bunch of incompetents who got
elected because they menat well.

You are suffering from a completely venal set of incompetents, who go
elected becayse they LOOKED as if they menat well, but in facyt had a
completely different agenda, in which te health of te natio whole, as
opposed to some fairly small minoriry f banlk alances, did not figure at
all.

The Republican party as it is today has three aims

- to get elected.
- To pay off all the money they go given to get elected by looking after
a very small set of very rich benefactors,
- to say whatever it takes and do whatever it takes even down to staring
the odd war to distract people away from what they are actually up to.
You yourself are a classic case in point: You believe in a doom scenario
in which guns and strong leadership an Christian values will save you
from the tide of barbarism sweeping te world.

From here, the guns, and the christian attitude IS the tide of
barbarism sweeping the world. The on;y difference between Rumsfeld and
Goebbels is that Goebbels was smarter, and spoke German better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

wrote:

S. According to
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita
you
can see that the UK is number 13 for rapes in the world, which is only 4
places down from the US. Doesn't seem like you are a whole safer than
the US
when you look at the number of rapes per capita.

Look at that same site burglaries per capita. UK is almost twice US.
Maybe the prospect of getting killed by a homeowner is a deterrent.

For that to have any meaning, one would need to look at demographics of
how many people to a dwelling, type of dwellig etc.

Since you are the one trying to gloss over it by referring to the
circumstances that prove your point, why not prove your point w/facts and
figures.

I'm not attempting to prove anything, merely to illustrate, as I
mentioned at the outset, that one can demonstrate virtually anything by
selective use of statistics as well as to read into them any cause that
one chooses.

The UK is a mess;

I would differ with you there.

we're not stupid over here,

In some cases I would differ with you there as well.

we can read =your= papers
and see it for ourselves.

I wouldn't bother with that. Most of them are of National Enquirer
level and presumably you don't take that seriously either. Or do you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 16:24:30 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:
The on;y difference between Rumsfeld and Goebbels is that Goebbels was
smarter, and spoke German better.

I love it.

Actually, I think that Joseph was *considerably* smarter than Rummy.

Apparently, Rumsfeld is a derivation from Rumpsfeld.

Quite appropriate really......

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

You can all sit smugly across the pond and laugh, but we are not going
down the toilet alone.

Nobody was laughing, it was simply an obervation.

If you believe that, you have a double-digit IQ.
Better start learning Chinese......

I'm glad that you've finally figured that one out.......

I'm equally sure that Dubya hasn't got the first clue in terms of what
to do about it. Still... it won't matter for much longer...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-30 19:58:12 +0000, "no spam" said:

Must be nice to have be a nurse there with a full time body guard
following
you around. That would be about the only way to make sure that a person
was
never a victim of a violent crime.

The real solution would be to reflect and ask yourself why the violent
crime is happening in the first place.

But what to do in the mean time whilst one ponders?

Ponder quickly and act upon the cause rather than the effect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

wrote:

[...]

And gave us the strongest and most stable economy in the world over the past
10 years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country with
3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Ah well, but so are uk house prices. ;-)

Where have house prices dropped? As the UK is short of home I find it hard
to see they will ever drop.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

wrote:

[...]

Noticed some of them uncivilized US gun guys just stopped pirates in
Somoli(misspelled).
Where was the civilized British Navy while this was happening......saving
the pirates from the horrors of bullet wounds
and exploding pirate vehicles.
Maybe talking the pirates out of their chosed profession and for the save
return of the
merchant ship.But then maybe Bristish shipping interest don't go to asia to
have pirate problems.
If so , the British economy isn't very global....very different from the sun
never sets on the British empire days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower

On 2007-10-31 03:11:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Jim wrote:

Uh, no. I live in a quarter million dollar home in the country
with 3 acres. And 250k buys a =lot= of house in the country....
PS- I paid cash.

Oh well I live in $2M house that I designed myself, and paid cash.

$2.06M now that the dollar slides further down the toilet......

Ah well, but so are uk house prices. ;-)

Where have house prices dropped? As the UK is short of home I find it
hard to see they will ever drop.

They are dropping in many of the overvalued real estate markets in the US.
Of course the UK, is where you send overvalued stuff to sell ,so you are
probably right about UK real estate prices.