Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default thermal store with solar help needed

can any plumbers out there tell me where I can source this:

210 ltr thermal store
hot water take off done by a heat exchanger
coil at the bottom of the cylinder suitable for solar (15mm coil)
direct feed bosses from a wood burner...

any help much appreciated

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterK

wrote in message
oups.com...
can any plumbers out there tell me where I can source this:

210 ltr thermal store
hot water take off done by a heat exchanger
coil at the bottom of the cylinder suitable for solar (15mm coil)
direct feed bosses from a wood burner...

any help much appreciated

Try http://www.heatweb.com/ click on the big blue panex button and design
your own - solar,wood, boiler, immersion etc.

Petre K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

thanks for help.

grunff:

want coil so circuit can be filled with antifreeze, not whole store.
also you want a small volume of water in circuit if poss.

wood burner will be direct

thanks

Peter K this was useful

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

wrote:

want coil so circuit can be filled with antifreeze, not whole store.
also you want a small volume of water in circuit if poss.

Ok, I understand.

--
Grunff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
oups.com...
thanks for help.

grunff:

want coil so circuit can be filled with antifreeze, not whole store.

No difference with a plate heat exchanger.

also you want a small volume of water in circuit if poss.

Even less with a plate heat exchnager.

wood burner will be direct

thanks

Peter K this was useful

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is true, but more expensive: additional coil in cylinder = £40,
heat exchanger = £100-150

thanks all I'm OK for now.

would recommend heatweb.com for unusual cylinder requirements (until I
receive my estimate maybe?)

cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

wrote in message
oups.com...
That is true, but more expensive: additional coil in cylinder = £40,
heat exchanger = £100-150

Not a lot at all, in fact buttons, when you look at the efficiencies of the
two.

thanks all I'm OK for now.

would recommend heatweb.com for
unusual cylinder requirements (until I
receive my estimate maybe?)

Not cheap. If you have a specification many other companies can quote.

Megaflow v Thermal Store Matthew UK diy 15 October 14th 05 11:10 PM
Gravity fed heating systems Viv UK diy 23 February 3rd 05 10:07 AM
Megaflo, Heatbank or Thermal Store xenelk UK diy 1 September 2nd 04 11:03 AM
Cylinder v thermal store IMM UK diy 51 August 19th 03 05:30 PM
Albion Mainsflow Thermal Store IMM UK diy 1 July 4th 03 03:06 PM