DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   thermal store with solar help needed (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/146064-thermal-store-solar-help-needed.html)

[email protected] February 23rd 06 03:49 PM

thermal store with solar help needed

can any plumbers out there tell me where I can source this:

210 ltr thermal store
hot water take off done by a heat exchanger
coil at the bottom of the cylinder suitable for solar (15mm coil)
direct feed bosses from a wood burner...

any help much appreciated

Mary Fisher February 23rd 06 08:52 PM

"Grunff" wrote in message
can any plumbers out there tell me where I can source this:

Are non-plumbers invited to contribute?

210 ltr thermal store
hot water take off done by a heat exchanger

http://rangecylinders.co.uk/

coil at the bottom of the cylinder suitable for solar (15mm coil)

Why do you need a coil? The whole point of a thermal store (or a heat bank
as it is in this case, since you're using a heat exchanger for water
takeoff) is that you use the store's water directly.

That's what we do.

We do have a coil too for when there's no sun but since it was all connected
about three weeks ago we've only used the immersion heater a couple of
times.

Mary

PeterK February 23rd 06 09:10 PM

thermal store with solar help needed

wrote in message
oups.com...
can any plumbers out there tell me where I can source this:

210 ltr thermal store
hot water take off done by a heat exchanger
coil at the bottom of the cylinder suitable for solar (15mm coil)
direct feed bosses from a wood burner...

any help much appreciated

Try http://www.heatweb.com/ click on the big blue panex button and design
your own - solar,wood, boiler, immersion etc.

Petre K

[email protected] February 24th 06 01:37 PM

thermal store with solar help needed

thanks for help.

grunff:

want coil so circuit can be filled with antifreeze, not whole store.
also you want a small volume of water in circuit if poss.

wood burner will be direct

thanks

Peter K this was useful

Grunff February 24th 06 01:47 PM

wrote:

want coil so circuit can be filled with antifreeze, not whole store.
also you want a small volume of water in circuit if poss.

Ok, I understand.

--
Grunff

Doctor Drivel February 25th 06 12:27 AM

thermal store with solar help needed

wrote in message
oups.com...
thanks for help.

grunff:

want coil so circuit can be filled with antifreeze, not whole store.

No difference with a plate heat exchanger.

also you want a small volume of water in circuit if poss.

Even less with a plate heat exchnager.

wood burner will be direct

thanks

Peter K this was useful

[email protected] February 26th 06 04:32 PM

thermal store with solar help needed

That is true, but more expensive: additional coil in cylinder = £40,
heat exchanger = £100-150

thanks all I'm OK for now.

would recommend heatweb.com for unusual cylinder requirements (until I
receive my estimate maybe?)

cheers

Doctor Drivel February 26th 06 06:23 PM

thermal store with solar help needed

wrote in message
oups.com...
That is true, but more expensive: additional coil in cylinder = £40,
heat exchanger = £100-150

Not a lot at all, in fact buttons, when you look at the efficiencies of the
two.

thanks all I'm OK for now.

would recommend heatweb.com for
unusual cylinder requirements (until I
receive my estimate maybe?)

Not cheap. If you have a specification many other companies can quote.