Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz Suz is offline

Default Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3 for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree, him
indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to get
out of wrapping presents...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Suz wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree,
him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice
medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and
paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see
many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;-

Merry Christmas,

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim S
wrote
Suz wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree,
him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice
medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and
paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see
many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;-

Yep, dead and brown tree by Dec 26th
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz Suz is offline

"Suz" wrote in message
He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new
tree, him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

He made one that worked! Looks like **** and took 2 hours, but never mind.
It'll be covered up with a tree skirt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Dec 2006 16:43:48 GMT, Huge wrote:

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a
cat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
wrote

with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It's Christmas - use quality paper

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz Suz is offline

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
On 17 Dec 2006 16:43:48 GMT, Huge wrote:

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a
cat.

LOL.

It's a plastic tree. Don't think the sand would work, as the "trunk" is
only about 20cm long.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Suz
writes

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
On 17 Dec 2006 16:43:48 GMT, Huge wrote:

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a
cat.

LOL.

It's a plastic tree. Don't think the sand would work, as the "trunk" is
only about 20cm long.

Set it in plaster of paris (or Daz IIRC)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:

In message , Tim S
wrote
Suz wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree,
him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice
medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and
paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see
many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;-

Yep, dead and brown tree by Dec 26th

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

;-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim S
wrote

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

Did you not see the words 'dug up'?

Christmas trees grown in a pot may survive.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:

In message , Tim S
wrote

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

Did you not see the words 'dug up'?

Christmas trees grown in a pot may survive.

Au contraire! My last one bought and potted in the same way did good for 3
years, the only thing that killed it was us being away for 3 weeks in the
hottest bit of last summer (and me carelessly forgetting to get the
neighbours to water it).

However, if it does keel over, I will come back and 'fess up

Cheers

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:25:41 -0000, "Suz" wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3 for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree, him
indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to get
out of wrapping presents...

If I used real trees I'd want one of these:
http://www.griptightchristmastreestands.com/

--
bweebar

Christmas tree won't drink water Finite Guy Home Repair 43 December 21st 19 11:06 PM
Christmas Tree Ornaments WConner Woodworking 5 October 30th 06 06:22 PM
Christmas tree bulbs Roly UK diy 34 December 25th 05 03:17 PM
Christmas Tree Flu [email protected] Home Repair 0 December 23rd 05 04:37 AM
three legged Christmas tree [email protected] Woodworking 2 December 6th 05 09:39 PM