DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/186073-scrooges-diy-christmas-tree-foot.html)

Suz December 16th 06 09:25 PM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3 for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree, him
indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to get
out of wrapping presents...

Tim S December 16th 06 09:39 PM

Suz wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree,
him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice
medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and
paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see
many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;-

Merry Christmas,

Tim

Alan December 17th 06 12:42 AM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

In message , Tim S
wrote
Suz wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree,
him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice
medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and
paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see
many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;-

Yep, dead and brown tree by Dec 26th
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Suz December 17th 06 02:48 PM

"Suz" wrote in message
He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new
tree, him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

He made one that worked! Looks like **** and took 2 hours, but never mind.
It'll be covered up with a tree skirt.

Steve Firth December 17th 06 06:05 PM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

On 17 Dec 2006 16:43:48 GMT, Huge wrote:

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a
cat.

Alan December 17th 06 06:10 PM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

In message , Huge
wrote

with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It's Christmas - use quality paper :)

Suz December 17th 06 06:31 PM

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
On 17 Dec 2006 16:43:48 GMT, Huge wrote:

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a
cat.

LOL.

It's a plastic tree. Don't think the sand would work, as the "trunk" is
only about 20cm long.

raden December 17th 06 08:46 PM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

In message , Suz
writes

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
On 17 Dec 2006 16:43:48 GMT, Huge wrote:

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper
wrapped round it?

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a
cat.

LOL.

It's a plastic tree. Don't think the sand would work, as the "trunk" is
only about 20cm long.

Set it in plaster of paris (or Daz IIRC)

--
geoff

Tim S December 18th 06 07:28 AM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

Alan wrote:

In message , Tim S
wrote
Suz wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3
for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree,
him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to
get out of wrapping presents...

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice
medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and
paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see
many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;-

Yep, dead and brown tree by Dec 26th

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

;-

Alan December 18th 06 08:44 AM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

In message , Tim S
wrote

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

Did you not see the words 'dug up'?

Christmas trees grown in a pot may survive.

Tim S December 18th 06 10:57 AM

Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

Alan wrote:

In message , Tim S
wrote

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

Did you not see the words 'dug up'?

Christmas trees grown in a pot may survive.

Au contraire! My last one bought and potted in the same way did good for 3
years, the only thing that killed it was us being away for 3 weeks in the
hottest bit of last summer (and me carelessly forgetting to get the
neighbours to water it).

However, if it does keel over, I will come back and 'fess up :)

Cheers

Tim

bweebar December 18th 06 02:58 PM

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:25:41 -0000, "Suz" wrote:

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3 for
years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree, him
indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a
foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to get
out of wrapping presents...

If I used real trees I'd want one of these:
http://www.griptightchristmastreestands.com/

--
bweebar