Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Christmas Tree Ornaments

HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt Conner
wconner5 at verizon dot com

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article 4Fd1h.3789$ee4.1788@trndny06, "WConner" wrote:
HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

Woodcraft, Craft Supplies USA ("The Woodturners Catalog"), and (I think)
Rockler sell kits (similar to pen-turning kits) with an eye and a finial.
Their catalogs have some examples, e.g.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.
com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=christmas-tree-ornament

Craft Supplies also sells a book on turning ornaments.

Or you may feel free to use this photo of some I made a few years back for
inspiration, entertainment, bad examples, or whatever you like:

http://www.milmac.com/Turnings/ChristmasOrnaments.html

You will probably also have a better response if you crosspost your question
to rec.crafts.woodturning .

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

WConner wrote:
HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

try
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/p...sorn/index.htm
or theres some other stuff at http://www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
In article 4Fd1h.3789$ee4.1788@trndny06, "WConner" wrote:

HELP! I need to make about 2 dozen Christmas Tree Ornaments by Thanksgiving.
Any ideas, easy plans for turned ornaments or otherwise appreciated.

Woodcraft, Craft Supplies USA ("The Woodturners Catalog"), and (I think)
Rockler sell kits (similar to pen-turning kits) with an eye and a finial.
Their catalogs have some examples, e.g.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.
com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&keywords=christmas-tree-ornament

Craft Supplies also sells a book on turning ornaments.

Or you may feel free to use this photo of some I made a few years back for
inspiration, entertainment, bad examples, or whatever you like:

http://www.milmac.com/Turnings/ChristmasOrnaments.html

You will probably also have a better response if you crosspost your question
to rec.crafts.woodturning .

G'day Doug,
Very nice. I'd never have thought of turning Xmas tree ornaments.
regards
John

Posted to rec.woodworking

I found other links but this "doc" had the best pictures and good step
by step for inside out ornaments. I downloaded it and it didn't have
any viruses but I know people don't like downloading docs.

http://www.turnwood.net/projects/Ins...tOrnaments.doc