Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

In message , Dave
writes
Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people
either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).

[snip]

Wow, if only.

Round here, the bin men won't collect anything that looks anything other
than a perfect black bag of rubbish. "Cor, that one is leaning over
guv'nor, looks like it could be heavy". I jest, they don't actually say
anything, they just leave it.

For example, a quarter bag of charcoal out of the bbq, "well that's
commercial/industrial". They just leave it, causing me a trip to the tip
(12 mile round trip for one bloody quarter bag of soggy charcoal).

During recycling collections "all cardboard/paper" must be packed flat.
So if you have a cardboard box which seems suitable for containing all
the other cardboard you put in it, expect to keep the box.

BTW this is the same council that is currently considering whether to go
to bi-monthly collections (yes, that's once a fortnight) or as an
alternative to charge the householder per bag collected.

Oh, and yes, our council tax has gone up about 1432% this year (I may
exaggerate a little but it did go up quite a lot).

Oh, and yes, this is one of the few councils who won't accept domestic
asbestos at their own tip. Round here you have to pay 440+vat per ton
(oh yes, plus a f***ing huge admin fee to the council) to get rid of
your old garage/shed/potting shed whatever.

Bitter, me - no way. I'm actually f***ing fuming.

Oh the joy to have rubbish just collected - with or without the noise.

(Incidentally, SWMBO and I manage to almost fill one black bag a week,
we're not exactly polluters).
Someone